List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Gould isn't going to be available for our second pick. His performances at SANFL level are too good, even with his crappy combine testing.
You're probably right, though he does seem to be dropping to low 20s in the latest reckoning.
Like every future AA he will be taken 1 before our pick. :rolleyes:

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
Gould isn't going to be available for our second pick. His performances at SANFL level are too good, even with his crappy combine testing.

I have a strange feeling he might be in the mix for 5/6.
Search on here and media Adelaide 'T'sier" every interview he mentions Swans.

Given Swans ultra defensive mindset , maybe they think he can build a mid like tank?
Ticks a lot of need boxes. Big body, super kick (designated kicker behinds for Glenelg at 18) leader SA state captain, footy smarts a natural non athlete, runs breaks lines and inside 50 entries. He might realise he needs to escape the Adelaide bubble (arguably more or as destructive than Melbourne for a high profile)

Agree it would be unlikely to side to 25

Who knows ?

You're probably right, though he does seem to be dropping to low 20s in the latest reckoning.
Like every future AA he will be taken 1 before our pick. :rolleyes:

Meh, if he is so be it we will get a very good player. We can always trade up

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
I have a strange feeling he might be in the mix for 5/6.
Search on here and media Adelaide 'T'sier" every interview he mentions Swans.

Given Swans ultra defensive mindset , maybe they think he can build a mid like tank?
Ticks a lot of need boxes. Big body, super kick (designated kicker behinds for Glenelg at 18) leader SA state captain, footy smarts a natural non athlete, runs breaks lines and inside 50 entries. He might realise he needs to escape the Adelaide bubble (arguably more or as destructive than Melbourne for a high profile)

Agree it would be unlikely to side to 25

Who knows ?
I am pretty sure he hasn't given much thought at all to an Adelaide bubble.

I struggle to see how Swans can "trade up" 25 and later?

The most obvious is GWS and Freo but, why would they do that?

Is there any trade numerate "guru's" here able to explain how that might happen?

GWS and Freo may need points. Plus could trade a future second or 3rd with our second.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I struggle to see how Swans can "trade up" 25 and later?

The most obvious is GWS and Freo but, why would they do that?

Is there any trade numerate "guru's" here able to explain how that might happen?
Maybe Freo need points to cover their academy guy(s). Though doesn't look likely as they don't have a pick in the 30s or 40s we could offer to upgrade for them to our 32 or 44. Giving them 76 outright wouldn't be worth too much I don't think.

I think Gould will go to GC at 20 anyways.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
You may be absolutely correct.
Do you know him?
Are you Adelaide based?

How come pretty sure?
No, I just can't imagine an 18 year old who hasn't even been drafted yet thinking about that sort of thing.

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
No, I just can't imagine an 18 year old who hasn't even been drafted yet thinking about that sort of thing.
Some of his interview comments are really revealing.

He is desperate to make AFL level!
Premiers Glenelg, he cancelled a big boozey planned footy trip away (LOL! Darwin) to get his skin folds down because Sydney told him they would not consider him otherwise.
He is thinkin' hard about his likely lucrative career!

He will be interesting to watch wherever he ends up!

Cheer cheers

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Some of his interview comments are really revealing.

He is desperate to make AFL level!
Premiers Glenelg, he cancelled a big boozey planned footy trip away (LOL! Darwin) to get his skin folds down because Sydney told him they would not consider him otherwise.
He is thinkin' hard about his likely lucrative career!

He will be interesting to watch wherever he ends up!

Cheer cheers
We did the dame with Hayward in relation to his endurance.

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
We did the dame with Hayward in relation to his endurance.

Didn't know that? more detail pls ( after all it is the off season bluzzzzzes / footy starvation )

Forgot to say Gould strikes me as someone (there are a number in SA ) who would do anything to avoid being a Port Adelaide recruit. You would have to have considerable exposure to SA to understand how significant that irrationality is!!!
It is REAL!

(LOL! It would be nuff for me to think about prospect of Kochy sticking the tongue in!)

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Didn't know that? more detail pls ( after all it is the off season bluzzzzzes / footy starvation )

Forgot to say Gould strikes me as someone (there are a number in SA ) who would do anything to avoid being a Port Adelaide recruit. You would have to have considerable exposure to SA to understand how significant that irrationality is!!!
It is REAL!

(LOL! It would be nuff for me to think about prospect of Kochy sticking the tongue in!)
We just told him he needs to improve his fitness levels if he wants to get picked and he went away and worked on it. Hayward has referred to it in several interviews.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace

It is REAL!

This is an excerpt from an article in the Australian.
He’d had a sniff around at a few clubs during the season but an interview with Swans recruitment manager Kinnear Beatson was sobering. The teenager was told he should come back when he was serious. And fit.
READ NEXT

Hayward thought he wouldn’t be hearing from them again but took the message on board, got himself a personal trainer and knuckled down.
And then it clicked. He’d done a lot of work with assistant coach Brad Dodd, who’d played 50 games with Fremantle around the turn of the century, and lots of work on leading towards the ball and working his opponent came to fruition in that finals series.
While the local media thought he was a chance to be picked up by Port Adelaide, Hayward was nabbed by Sydney and says he was thrilled to get a chance to go to a club which had been a powerhouse for much of his life.

Points for what?

So two seconds for a first? I might be becoming a "dodo" but why tf would I want to do that?

Hate this "future" picks thing, it the sort of thing our Fed / State government(s) (oh and CarltonFC )does!

They have some academy (NGA) boys. For Freo depends where the Henry bid is though.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Points for what?

So two seconds for a first? I might be becoming a "dodo" but why tf would I want to do that?

Hate this "future" picks thing, it the sort of thing our Fed / State government(s) (oh and CarltonFC )does!

For Fremantle it would depend where he was bid. If he was bid on by Melbourne at pick 8 then despite what it might seem it wouldn’t be worth them trading with us. By using pick 10 to match they’ll pick up a pick around 60 and still get to use their best live available selection (22).

If they traded it to us, say for 25, 32, 44 or a combination there of (which in theory could include their 22 coming to us), it would just mean their best live selection would be probably worse than 22 anyway. A completely worthless exercise for them really. They’d be better off just matching with 10 (vs a trade with us).

If he is bid on more in the mid teens then trading our 32 and 44 for their 22 would be slightly in their favour (points wise) and would make a marginal difference as their 22 will just be mostly wiped out anyway. So it becomes a little more clouded at that point.

I am notconvinced I can see a trade there with us that creates perceived value for them.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Apologies if this was stated earlier but can anyone confirm James Bell’s status, is he still a Cat B rookie or has he been upgraded? Just trying to work out if we have a ‘B’ spot available or not.

Otherwise, if he’s still a ‘B’ it’s five listed spots and two Cat A spots available isn’t it?

Pick 5 way too valuable to spend on an undersized ruck in Jackson. We desperately need a mid, we are no in a position to be meddling with such high risk picks.

I Wouldn’t have considered one till I looked deeper at the draft- there’s a Lot of mids to be taken in the 20’s and 30’s

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Apologies if this was stated earlier but can anyone confirm James Bell’s status, is he still a Cat B rookie or has he been upgraded? Just trying to work out if we have a ‘B’ spot available or not.

Otherwise, if he’s still a ‘B’ it’s five listed spots and two Cat A spots available isn’t it?

Nobody knows, Club has not confirmed one way or another that I’ve seen.

His management on instagram claimed he’d signed a 2 year agreement which would almost certainly mean he has been promoted to the senior list.

The fact there are a couple of Cat B options that have been noted at preseason training, O’Connor has been added and Wicks has been retained, that would tend to indicate to me there is a Cat B spot available and Bell was indeed promoted.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Nobody knows, Club has not confirmed one way or another that I’ve seen.

His management on instagram claimed he’d signed a 2 year agreement which would almost certainly mean he has been promoted to the senior list.

The fact there are a couple of Cat B options that have been noted at preseason training, O’Connor has been added and Wicks has been retained, that would tend to indicate to me there is a Cat B spot available and Bell was indeed promoted.
Okay, thanks, I’ll assume that he’s now on the full list unless told otherwise. So does that mean we now have only got four vacant spots on the full list (plus two Cat A and the one Cat B rookie spots)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back