Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every athlete under the WADA code must advise of their whereabouts at all times.
Breach the rule too many times in a year and they can get banned.
3 is the count. I believe a few cricketers were banned for a few months for failing to update their details for a third time, Adrian Russell of the West Indies being one I believe without doing the research. If they want the big money, they have to dot every I, cross every T.

Every athlete under the WADA code must advise of their whereabouts at all times.

How does one even do that??

"Umm hey yeah hi, it's Harry McKay here.. just letting you know I'm at the Vic Market. Grabbed some really nice crab apples from ole mate Phuong and ill be heading home as soon as I take a dump.. chat soon"..

Breach the rule too many times in a year and they can get banned.

Not anywhere near as bad as that, and it's definitely not every single athlete under the WADA Code (you don't think every SANFL, VFL player has to do it surely?).

For the athletes that are forced to be part of the Whereabouts system, which is probably most if not all AFL players, they just have to nominate one hour in the day (between 6am and 11pm) that they'll be at a certain place. They can do this with an app. You have to separately lodge a form with your home address, training times and locations, etc, and you need to update this if you move home.

For the athletes that are forced to be part of the Whereabouts system, which is probably most if not all AFL players, they just have to nominate one hour in the day (between 6am and 11pm) that they'll be at a certain place. They can do this with an app.

I'm no elite athlete, but my submission to ASADA would be simple.

Pick any hour between 6am and 11pm on whatever day you want and you can find me on Bigfooty....

:)

"Umm hey yeah hi, it's Harry McKay here.. just letting you know I'm at the Vic Market. Grabbed some really nice crab apples from ole mate Phuong and ill be heading home as soon as I take a dump.. chat soon"..

This is why all elite sportsmen and women have Instagram accounts. It’s so the drug testing authorities can follow them. I know some people just think it’s vanity / narcissism but it’s really not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently they have an app for it...

They can simply use emoji's as well..

🛒🍎💩🚉🏠

I wonder if ASADA is too hard with the whereabouts thing. This agreement is in place for drug testing. Keep your eye on the main job ASADA. Don’t become the whereabouts police.

Interesting to know if they could just test the next day or the player(s) went missing for weeks?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder if ASADA is too hard with the whereabouts thing. This agreement is in place for drug testing. Keep your eye on the main job ASADA. Don’t become the whereabouts police.

Interesting to know if they could just test the next day or the player(s) went missing for weeks?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's in place to catch players who may be microdosing etc where a day would make a difference between passing and failing a test.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feeling pretty flat N disappointed from all this recent speculation. Can someone talk some sense into me... am I catastrophising? Am I naive?
I thought these days of internal bickering were behind us. Thought we were in a place where all wheels were turning in the same direction.

God damn... the SOS bluemours are juicy but gotta say, I thought the days of s**t politics and boardroom shenanigans were behind us.

Love so much of what we've been doing but maybe have too many headstrong cooks in the kitchen?

Matty I reckon this sort of stuff happens continuously at every club. Pressure, spotlight, egos.. Not really that different to the senior Management team at a large business.

The key is if they can overcome the issues and put the club first.

I know he's an icon but I'm happy with continually freshening up not just our playing list but the off-field roles as well - gone are the days of jobs for the boys for life I hope........perform or move on please...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back