List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents - who should we be targeting?

Who should we target as a DFA?

• Josh Walker

Votes: 28 16.4%
  • Matthew Lobbe

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 91 53.2%
  • Wylie Buzza

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jack Leslie

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Aidyn Johnson

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Callum Moore

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • Billy Longer

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Lukas Webb

Votes: 43 25.1%
  • Richard Douglas

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Jacob Townsend

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Lachlan Henderson

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Ben Keays

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fletcher Roberts

• None

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Ex DFA - Luke Partington

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • Sam Murray

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Jay Kennedy-Harris

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Zac Clarke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archie Smith

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Hugh Dixon

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Sam Gray

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Sam Skinner

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker is a first year player, maybe we revisit this in 4 years when he’s had a chance to prove himself. No the reason he’s not getting a game is because he is crap, he’ll more than likely be off an afl list at the end of next year. He kicked 10 goals from 13 games in the vfl this year, he goes at less than a goal a game at afl level. In terms of potential walker is streaks ahead of Crocker. Just wait and see how he goes after a full pre season

Because he would usually play Wing....

So a career average of 9.5 disposals a game as a winger...

If that’s taking into account AFL career then that is skewed. When brought into seniors he played as a forward so yeah. Also missed a lot through injuries so I dunno.

Anyway, my point was he probably isn’t the worst depth out there. I also know he met with someone at our club. But I couldn’t care less if he came to the club lol, would like Bennel but looks like a slim chance?

We're taking no one. Would've been done by now.
Not necessarily.

We could be waiting to see if there are 4 targeted players available to us with our draft picks. If we get them, no DFA, but we may rate a DFA somewhere lower than some players in the draft, but higher than others. There is another DFA period after the draft.

Not necessarily.

We could be waiting to see if there are 4 targeted players available to us with our draft picks. If we get them, no DFA, but we may rate a DFA somewhere lower than some players in the draft, but higher than others. There is another DFA period after the draft.
I would assume those DFAs would nominate for the draft if we haven't given them any assurances

Assume we are hoping to pick up potential DFAs as rookies to give us list flexibility at the draft. Reason we haven’t pounced is no one else is interested in player(s) so no need to pick them up now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You only turn down a contract if you have another one lined up so he would already have a new club sorted.

Don't know much about him, could we be in the picture? Guess he's not leaving to go play for Box Hill as he wouldn't be in front of Frost and Frawley.

Surely we're not going to use six live picks in the draft, which free agents are we looking at? Surely some. Is Walker the KPD we are after? Surely Smith would be a great pick up, but does he want to move to Melbourne to play for Box Hill?

Don't know much about him, could we be in the picture? Guess he's not leaving to go play for Box Hill as he wouldn't be in front of Frost and Frawley.

Surely we're not going to use six live picks in the draft, which free agents are we looking at? Surely some. Is Walker the KPD we are after? Surely Smith would be a great pick up, but does he want to move to Melbourne to play for Box Hill?

Jack Leslie was mentioned on here not too long ago.

Good size, earlyish draft pick and 24 is a good age as if he turns out good we have him for a number of years. Though the fact he hasn't been able crack into a lowly Gold Coast side surely is a concern. I like Walker for the versatility, bring him in as mainly a defender but if we really need him to go forward he can. Clarko wants those players who can offer more than one position.

I actually like this, provides solid depth especially if Frawley/Frost miss games during the year. We can't rely on Kosi to be the backup & we are much better with Stratton/Sicily playing on the med/small forwards.

Just interesting that they mention his lack of opportunity as the reason he wants to leave considering he would be 3rd choice kpd for us.

AFL.com.au are linking us to Hartley with a 2-year deal reportedly on the table
If Hartley comes to us, I feel it shows our hand in not drafting McAsey if he's available at our pick?

From what I've seen of Hartley at VFL level not bad, a much better footballer than Brand anyways. Booming kick on him.

Story says he spent time in the ruck. Wright mentioned that we were looking at KPP who could ruck.

Even with Frost coming in we were still pretty thin for KPD depth after delisting Brand and Mirra, so this looks like a good outcome for us. A bit more flexible than Brand if he can play ruck, and Clarko loves dual use players. Also true KPD height, unlike Mirra. Very sensible idea on paper. Can he play?

Back