Prediction Possible pick swaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we can always do an Adelaide and have a clean out 2 years after we should have. ;)
Adelaide should have had a clean out straight after smashing GWS and Geelong in the finals and losing the Grand Final?

Seems a bit premature.

Should GWS do the same? Been less convincing than the Crows ever were, and smashed by a LOT more in the Grand Final.

Last edited:
Adelaide should have had a clean out straight after smashing GWS and Geelong in the finals and losing the Grand Final?

Seems about premature.

Should GWS do the same? Been less convincing than the Crows every were, and smashed by a LOT more in the Grand Final.
Yes you should have unloaded a couple of the older players but you did nothing whilst the camp fiasco screamed out for a mid season action. But still nothing. Anyway, not what the thread is about. All the best for the coming season.

I’m pretty sure when you match an academy/Father Son Bid you get a 20% discount right ?

That works well for Fremantle/GWS then and probably the hawks to. If u guys can grab McASEY before a Bid comes in.
Think the hawks would be rapt if a bid comes after 11 as then we could use that one on someone else. More than likely this is the probable scenario as I think the bid will fall somewhere from 15 -20.
GWS and Freo on the other hand will more than likely have to cough up their first and second picks respectively as Green and Henry are definitely in the top 10. But yes the 20% discount is bloody handy ;)

Then get unbaffled. Its not hard. The plan for gws was to get pick 3 to move ahead of a green bid. To their surprise even with an offer pf 6 and a future first melbourne said no. It would be stupid for them to not trade down and look at points. If they do the trade I said then they basically get 14, 17 and a future second which is more in trade value then the original pick 6 for 12 and 18.

Josh mahoney is on quote at the end of trade week that they were not offered 2 first rounders for pick 3.

Josh mahoney is on quote at the end of trade week that they were not offered 2 first rounders for pick 3.
YEp I know. GWS and Melbounre both have said that at the start of the pick exchange period that Melbourne knocked back pick 6 and a future first.

That reduces the Melbourne threat to GWS and Freo now. Less to hold over those clubs as far as bidding on a player.

I’m guessing that clubs have always known that this was still possible, meaning that the threat wasn’t ever really that big.

(I’m agreeing with you just saying that this won’t be news to the clubs)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crow fan lecturing others on culture. Classic.
Honestly hope Harley gets on the park for you guys. He was my favourite player when he was at the sun's. Absolutely Devo we couldn't make it work with him. He's worth a 35-40 spot on your list imo in case he gets fit. His talent is still so evident when you watch him.

Yes you should have unloaded a couple of the older players but you did nothing whilst the camp fiasco screamed out for a mid season action. But still nothing. Anyway, not what the thread is about. All the best for the coming season.

"midseason action"

Wow I never knew that you could trade players mid season. Why didnt anyone tell us this?

"midseason action"

Wow I never knew that you could trade players mid season. Why didnt anyone tell us this?
You should have sacked Burton and company then, you know mid season. Something wrong with the water in Adelaide, ? some are still in denial.

I’m guessing that clubs have always known that this was still possible, meaning that the threat wasn’t ever really that big.

(I’m agreeing with you just saying that this won’t be news to the clubs)

I agree but it still sounds like the Dees have been trying it on.

You should have sacked Burton and company then, you know mid season. Something wrong with the water in Adelaide, ? some are still in denial.

Sack a football director mid season?

I mean yeah he needed to get the arse but nobody is ever going to do that.

I mean you can criticise our fall from grace all you like but you went from one game off a GF to bottom 2.

The difference is we went out and improved (hopefully) the club by making appointments and a directional change.

Sack a football director mid season?

I mean yeah he needed to get the arse but nobody is ever going to do that.

I mean you can criticise our fall from grace all you like but you went from one game off a GF to bottom 2.

The difference is we went out and improved (hopefully) the club by making appointments and a directional change.
Yeah, we went from 4th to 2nd last, Adelaide went from Grand Finalists to oblivion for 2 years, Now you can add 2 more at least for your re build. No need to sack anyone mid year. haha. Happy to take this to another thread. Let the drafters get about thier stuff.

Yeah, we went from 4th to 2nd last, Adelaide went from Grand Finalists to oblivion for 2 years, Now you can add 2 more at least for your re build. No need to sack anyone mid year. haha. Happy to take this to another thread. Let the drafters get about thier stuff.

We went from 2nd to 10th and then 11th?

Id prefer that than 4th to 17th.

But anyway, I'm willing to bet we will be around the same spot next season. We don't bottom out.

I'm still confused about your thoughts to sack a football director mid season.
Has to be one of the stupider things I've heard.

I still fail to understand the GWS pick trade anyway- they are worse off and Sydney are going to bid who are in front of their pick..
Maybe they got 6 to trade for a future 2020 1st and backend picks this year to match this bid?
Or still the option of a trade with adel for 4...

I think was worth losing a little points... atleast they have options now and a chance..with there hand before they had no options.

We went from 2nd to 10th and then 11th?

Id prefer that than 4th to 17th.

But anyway, I'm willing to bet we will be around the same spot next season. We don't bottom out.

I'm still confused about your thoughts to sack a football director mid season.
Has to be one of the stupider things I've heard.
You should read your boards thoughts on him back then , you might understand, but that is doubtful from your responses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back