News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think Burton was ever safe, the real talk started mid year. Fagan really pushed for the review, he was obviously listening to the groundswell.

Campo is harder to judge, some players really rate him. I think as the group was set for a huge change it was clear he wasn't equipped for it. Had a lot of credits after 2015 but burnt them all and then some.

Fagan may get a pass as he called for the review (despite Chapman claiming this as his decision)

I believe Campo was liked by senior players but not so much with younger players. This is based on observations and rumours not inside info this.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Sounds like he must have something lined up given Essendon had a contract on the table. Not the worst KPD going around by a long stretch...

TryAnHit

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
IMG-20191108-WA0003.jpg

Adelaide would have gone broke if fines like this were issued to AFL

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
Campo is harder to judge, some players really rate him. I think as the group was set for a huge change it was clear he wasn't equipped for it. Had a lot of credits after 2015 but burnt them all and then some.

Will not be naming names, but apparently he was a big problem with the players. This actually surprised me, as I had always thought he was well liked by the playing group.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Will not be naming names, but apparently he was a big problem with the players. This actually surprised me, as I had always thought he was well liked by the playing group.
The players aren’t stupid. Imagine continually getting towelled up in the middle, and being instructed to continually back yourself in and follow the same plan.

I’m not surprised players were getting the shits with him

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I don't think Burton was ever safe, the real talk started mid year. Fagan really pushed for the review, he was obviously listening to the groundswell.

From what I'd been told it had become Fagan vs Roo/Chapman on the review. Fagan was pushing for it, Roo/Chapman kept telling him it wasn't needed, Burton and Campo were great, then Roo put his foot in his mouth with the "go support someone else" comment and so Roo/Chapman called the review as damage control, but limited the scope not to include the board (which Fagan wanted)

Liked by some of the older senior core, but not as much outside that.

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
From what I'd been told it had become Fagan vs Roo/Chapman on the review. Fagan was pushing for it, Roo/Chapman kept telling him it wasn't needed, Burton and Campo were great, then Roo put his foot in his mouth with the "go support someone else" comment and so Roo/Chapman called the review as damage control, but limited the scope not to include the board (which Fagan wanted)

Interestingly, this info came from a senior player.

Maybe playing favourites? It would probably be hard not to when you've been at the club for a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

From what I heard, Brett was surprised (probably all that public support he was receiving from Chapman), and is pretty unhappy that he is the scapegoat when there are others still there who perhaps shouldn't be.

I'm not sure who they are though

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

I believe that. Fagan is an outsider and not stupid, I believe he’s eventually seen through the Boys Club culture and wants to change it.

Burton was Roos appointment. Chapman loves Roo and the Boys Club culture. It’s obvious they would have held on if they could, you just had to see what Chapman was trying to do by pumping up Burton in that needless interview. Thankfully Roo has a big mouth and isn’t that bright at times.

Chapman and Roo have to go.

From what I heard, Brett was surprised (probably all that public support he was receiving from Chapman), and is pretty unhappy that he is the scapegoat when there are others still there who perhaps shouldn't be.

I'm not sure who they are though

They should get him on Footy Classified to explain his side of the story. Would be a good laugh I reckon.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The group he was well liked by was diminishing by the day

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide

No that's not right, Fagan didn't think we needed the review and had ideas on what he wanted to change, took those ideas to the board, the board said they want a full review before implementing what Fagan wanted to do.

"go support someone else" was Roos hypothetical response to people who would not accept the findings of the review so it definitely wasn't what caused the review.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
No that's not right, Fagan didn't think we needed the review and had ideas on what he wanted to change, took those ideas to the board, the board said they want a full review before implementing what Fagan wanted to do.

"go support someone else" was Roos hypothetical response to people who would not accept the findings of the review so it definitely wasn't what caused the review.
Roo was not responding to questions about the review but in general about the clubs leaders making decisions, that could have meant them keeping certain members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back