Training 2020 Preseason

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
I have a thought on the midfield. Instead of playing Joel Amartey as a Ruck next season why not play him as a bullocking mid. He could play mids half the game and rest forward the other half, improve his endurance and create a player in the mids who is a formidable size, 197cm. He has the agility, speed and knows how to get the ball in there. When he rucks his second efforts are really good. If we could turn those second efforts into first touch it would be great.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app
Worth a try. Nothing to lose.

I have a thought on the midfield. Instead of playing Joel Amartey as a Ruck next season why not play him as a bullocking mid. He could play mids half the game and rest forward the other half, improve his endurance and create a player in the mids who is a formidable size, 197cm. He has the agility, speed and knows how to get the ball in there. When he rucks his second efforts are really good. If we could turn those second efforts into first touch it would be great.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tom Harley in this evening's webinar when asked about rucks, mentioned Amartey with Naismith, Sinclair, Knoll, then Reid and Aliir.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Yes blakey played round 1, as did the other 4 in their first years IIRC . Blakey is an exceptional talent, but he still played some poor games at times,

Not saying they werent good, but they didnt go earn the spot like Dawson was made too.
Maybe they did earn their spots by turning up to preseason in tip top condition?

Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Can you do a wheelie with a unicycle?
Off topic but I saw a bike show a couple of years back and the unicyclist hopped from the ground onto a car bonet and then from the bonet onto the roof. I have no idea how he did it but it was impressive.

To get back on topic, that’s the kinda thing I want to see us training this pre season. Gravity defying maneuvering, big hangers, it’d be great to have a bit more electricity and wow factor in the forwards. When buddy isn’t playing we can be a little dull.

Crust

All Australian
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SUANFC
He should be seen as a key position forward primarily. He can definitely chop out in the ruck, particularly thanks to his mongrel and his willingness and ability to get stuck in when the ball hits the ground, but he is undersized as a ruckman.

That's a lot of key forwards we have now.
Can't see him getting a game as a key forward, unless injury strikes. Maybe he is the successor to Sinkers, who I think is best played as a forward who rucks a bit.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
That's a lot of key forwards we have now.
Can't see him getting a game as a key forward, unless injury strikes. Maybe he is the successor to Sinkers, who I think is best played as a forward who rucks a bit.
Well, yes. The only reason he got games this year was because Naismith, Sinclair and Franklin were all injured at the same time. Assuming all those guys are fit for 2020, or even just one of them to be honest, he isn't going to be best 22.

Last edited:
The polo looks good

yeah new guernsey sponsor , damn need a new one
This one I like:
GS20POL03M-FRONT__40387.1573177677.jpg

This one I don't:
GS20POL02M-FRONT__77556.1573177701.jpg

What’s with the roof tiling on the dark one? Or is it some sort of illusion because my phone screen is midget sized?
I only noticed it when I opened up the image on my computer to post here. It's not just your screen

Well, yes. The only reason he got games this year was because Naismith, Sinclair and Franklin were all injured at the same time. Assuming all those guys are fit for 2020, or even just one of them to be honest, he isn't going to be best 22.

Personally I would prefer McLean as a forward and second-ruck with Naismith the lead.

Sinclair's not young and I also think McLean has shown more footy nous that suggest he could be a good long-term player for us, while Sinclair, not so much.

Personally I would prefer McLean as a forward and second-ruck with Naismith the lead.

Sinclair's not young and I also think McLean has shown more footy nous that suggest he could be a good long-term player for us, while Sinclair, not so much.

Prefer him as a CHB

What're you basing this on B52?

Tough, tall, good mark, disciplined, fights hard when the ball hits the deck, footy IQ. These attributes make for a good KPD.

We already have a surplus of big fwds and do not want a fwd ruck clogging the fwd line -bw this Sinkers or McLean. Reid can pinch hit as relief ruck.

Back