Delisted #4 Ryan 'The Clamps' Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

uITEbjYC.jpg

Ryan Clarke

Player Profile

The Sydney Swans recruited Ryan Clarke from North Melbourne ahead of season 2019 and he’s since shown promising signs as a young midfielder. The number four is a prolific ball-winner and can also be used to blanket a star on-baller, which he proved last year in shutting down gun Kangaroo Shaun Higgins and classy Magpie Steele Sidebottom. Clarke played 14 senior games in a stop-start 2019 campaign and has set his sights on cementing a spot in coach John Longmire’s best 22 this year. Draft history: 2015 National Draft selection (North Melbourne), No. 31 overall

Ryan Clarke

DOB:17 June 1997
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT:2015
RECRUITED FROM: Rowville (Vic)/Melb Grammar (Vic)/Eastern U18/North Melb

Last edited:

He actually can.

let me correct,,for an afl,player he is a s**t kick

ill give him one thing he has started to try to avoid kicking more than 10 metres, handballs or short kicks more

let me correct,,for an afl,player he is a s**t kick

ill give him one thing he has started to try to avoid kicking more than 10 metres, handballs or short kicks more
Not true. He broke the lines yesterday more than he has & kicked quite well compared to early on .
You do know players can get better with extra work.
Give the guy a break as he is clearly trying to improve where the coaches are asking him to.
Cam McCarthy 20% efficiency.
There are worse players.

Not true. He broke the lines yesterday more than he has & kicked quite well compared to early on .
You do know players can get better with extra work.
Give the guy a break as he is clearly trying to improve where the coaches are asking him to.
Cam McCarthy 20% efficiency.
There are worse players.

he was ok yesterday , but that was a good game of kicking for him and it was still average,

agree he is trying to improve, but im not talking to him, so dont need to give him a break

id rather see others get game time, happy to be in the minority

He's had one good game, guys. This board is so up and down.

Clarkes efficiency has been a massive worry for me.. But.. He's improved over the season.. and.. he's still only 21, so more improvement to come.
I can see him becoming a solid midfielder for us over the next 5-8 years. Not elite, but solid and affordable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a Swan for now & we need players like him on our list as long as we have a bloke who can't get on the ground taking $1.5M or 12% of our total cap.
Buddy: 10 games at 150K each.
Clarke: 14 games at 14K each.

I say it's the off season so let him try his best to improve & get better in our system.
Buddy's best is done!

Yep I'm repeating myself but you guys started it.

Yep, he's younger than Heeney, Hewett and Papley so has time on his side.

Not going to be a star, but wasn't totally out of his depth when he played.

I thought he was quite handy at the back end of the year. North tried to make him a halfback. He's not a halfback. So he may have taken some time to re-learn a role.

He seems fine as an inside ball winner but we really need him to run, find space, use his endurance, when he does that he should get enough free enough that his pressured disposal issues aren't such an issue. The Hannebery inside/outside model.

He's a Swan for now & we need players like him on our list as long as we have a bloke who can't get on the ground taking $1.5M or 12% of our total cap.

I say it's the off season so let him try his best to improve & get better in our system.
Buddy's best is done!

Buddy's best is done!

Buddy probably on similar to dusty and richmond aren’t playing guys like clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back