News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Mark Stone ain't coming. Just extended his contract at Glenelg.
I reckon if he was coming we would have announced it quite quickly, reckon there will be no further changes or additions until next year.

I reckon if he was coming we would have announced it quite quickly, reckon there will be no further changes or additions until next year.
But but but Rowey said he was a lock......

I think they'll get someone, who that is o have no idea. Glenelg were quite concerned Stone was going early days though.

My guess would be Nicks might want someone he's had a relationship within football before.

From what I heard, Brett was surprised (probably all that public support he was receiving from Chapman), and is pretty unhappy that he is the scapegoat when there are others still there who perhaps shouldn't be.

I'm not sure who they are though

The runners perhaps?

Heard through my source that Crows looking to trade pick 4 for picks 7 and 10 (Freo) or with Geelong (14 amd 17 along with something else)...

Shiver me timbers....:oops:

From what I heard, Brett was surprised (probably all that public support he was receiving from Chapman), and is pretty unhappy that he is the scapegoat when there are others still there who perhaps shouldn't be.

I'm not sure who they are though
Burton has no self awareness & is the type of person who never thinks he has done anything wrong, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.

I believe that. Fagan is an outsider and not stupid, I believe he’s eventually seen through the Boys Club culture and wants to change it.

Burton was Roos appointment. Chapman loves Roo and the Boys Club culture. It’s obvious they would have held on if they could, you just had to see what Chapman was trying to do by pumping up Burton in that needless interview. Thankfully Roo has a big mouth and isn’t that bright at times.

Chapman and Roo have to go.
We really need a fresh Chair outside the boys club & along with the rumored footy manager would change the dynamics of AFC.

Burton has no self awareness & is the type of person who never thinks he has done anything wrong, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.
You can immediately tell his type. The whole "I find that offensive" BS when questioned about anything, just an insecure man who can't handle people not agreeing with him. He probably said sorry to the players by saying "I apologise if you took issue with what I did", which is the type of thing someone not actually showing any contrition at all will say.

Hawks have brought in 3 ready made key position players. Really needed to strengthen their defence as they don't have any quality tall defenders. Frawley isn't that great & will be under pressure from Frost & Hartley. Also, allows them to play Sicily as the loose 3rd tall.

Heard through my source that Crows looking to trade pick 4 for picks 7 and 10 (Freo) or with Geelong (14 amd 17 along with something else)...

I'd rather keep 4.

Quality over quantity every day of the week. One Red Baron or two pretty good pilots?

However, 7 and 10 I could stomach. Means we've traded 9 and 19 for 7 and 10.

14 and 17 for 9 and 19 can piss right off.

Would be happy with 7 and 10 personally.

It's so hard splitting individuals from 4 to 10 that this is the best year to split back to two top 10's imo.

Would be dump truck full of pig s**t time if we traded 4 for 14 and 17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been on the cards for awhile, I just can't see us making a selection at 4.

Keep hearing it's an even draft, this could be the year to do it!

For 7 and 10 I'd sign almost immediately.

I'd rather keep 4.

Quality over quantity every day of the week. One Red Baron or two pretty good pilots?

It depends on where you rate. If we rate who we take at 4 as being available at 7, then you'd look to move down and move up other picks in return. Like we did with Lever. Unfortunately for us there we didn't move quite high enough to take Maynard who we were really after.

It depends on where you rate. If we rate who we take at 4 as being available at 7, then you'd look to move down and move up other picks in return. Like we did with Lever. Unfortunately for us there we didn't move quite high enough to take Maynard who we were really after.
Stephens at 7, Kemp at 10.

Hawks have brought in 3 ready made key position players. Really needed to strengthen their defence as they don't have any quality tall defenders. Frawley isn't that great & will be under pressure from Frost & Hartley. Also, allows them to play Sicily as the loose 3rd tall.
If it was another club making those moves and not Hawthorn there would be so many people bagging the club for going full Carlton.

I'd rather keep 4.

Who said pick 4 will be better quality? Just look at any "re-done" drafts from the last 10 years. Pick 4 will be lucky to still be in the top 10 most times. Would happily swap 4 for 7 and 10 vastly improving the odds of quality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back