Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

Well my preference is for an open window alas it’s not allowed (it interferes with the air conditioning system)

I’m a boomer so I’m going to be dead anyway so not fussed about any climate emergency and all the damage I’ve contributed to

I work in an office built (I'm guessing) in the 60s or 70s. Air con is hit and miss. Can be 20 degrees one day and 26 the next. Can also be 20 but 26 the other side of a wall. I'm thankful for my window.

Air con shouldn't be on until it's 30+ degrees. Isn't anyone worried about the climate emergency?

Air con always on people are the worst. If you can't handle not having the air con on when it's 28 what are you going to do when it's 42 and it packs it in?

Perth really isn't all that hot most of the time. Even in Summer if it's 35 then most people aren't even home during the day and it's cooled down by the time they have. A window and/or a fan is fine for most days. On those days it's oppressively hot and the wind decides to take a day off it's pretty ****ed, but some people contend with that every day.

Big ask,

Does anyone have the West subscription? Need to read this.

My children's daycare shut down and we've been left stranded.

Big ask,

Does anyone have the West subscription? Need to read this.

My children's daycare shut down and we've been left stranded.
The childcare centre that abruptly closed its doors at WA’s most prestigious university, leaving many working parents in the lurch, is among the highest rated in WA.
The Unicare Early Childhood Education centre, which has a long waiting list, is listed as achieving the highest possible rating under the National Quality Standards.
Parents have been left reeling after management at Unicare, whose premises are rented from the University of Western Australia, informed them of the centre’s sudden closure yesterday morning.
They were told yesterday morning the centre would be shut temporarily because senior leaders had suffered “psychological injury”.
The staffing dispute blew up after an anonymous email containing multiple allegations was sent to parents of children enrolled at Unicare.
The centre rates off the charts in every aspect assessed by the Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority, putting it in the upper echelons of childcare centres.
Its current ratings were issued in November 2017 but even at its previous assessment, in October 2014, Unicare was found to be exceeding requirements.
Late yesterday the Department of Communities confirmed it would investigate matters under its remit.
The department’s commissioning and sector engagement assistant director general Brad Jolly said its Education and Care Regulatory Unit was aware of the email, which made a number of allegations regarding management and governance.
“The majority of the concerns identified in the anonymous email relate to matters outside of ECRU’s jurisdiction,” he said.
“The email does include some non-specific allegations regarding staffing and record-keeping — areas where ECRU does have a regulatory role. ECRU will commence an investigation into these matters.”
Mr Jolly stressed there were no concerns regarding the safety or wellbeing of children.
“ECRU has been in contact with the service and is working with them to offer assistance and support in reopening,” he said.
A group of parents and Unicare staff gathered outside the entrance of the daycare yesterday after the shock announcement.
Working mother Arti Dyett, whose son spent three years at Unicare and whose daughter is enrolled to start there next year, said the centre was the best thing that had happened to her son.
“It’s such a beautiful centre, the staff are just gorgeous and lovely and I wouldn’t think twice about sending my children there,” she said.
“My son actually wanted to name my daughter after one of the staff members.”
She said if the centre remained closed into next year it would significantly impact her family.
“I’m a working mum, I work four days a week and my husband works five days a week so this would have a huge impact on our lives,” she said.
“Trying to find childcare has been one of the hardest things for us as parents.”

The childcare centre that abruptly closed its doors at WA’s most prestigious university, leaving many working parents in the lurch, is among the highest rated in WA.
The Unicare Early Childhood Education centre, which has a long waiting list, is listed as achieving the highest possible rating under the National Quality Standards.
Parents have been left reeling after management at Unicare, whose premises are rented from the University of Western Australia, informed them of the centre’s sudden closure yesterday morning.
They were told yesterday morning the centre would be shut temporarily because senior leaders had suffered “psychological injury”.
The staffing dispute blew up after an anonymous email containing multiple allegations was sent to parents of children enrolled at Unicare.
The centre rates off the charts in every aspect assessed by the Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority, putting it in the upper echelons of childcare centres.
Its current ratings were issued in November 2017 but even at its previous assessment, in October 2014, Unicare was found to be exceeding requirements.
Late yesterday the Department of Communities confirmed it would investigate matters under its remit.
The department’s commissioning and sector engagement assistant director general Brad Jolly said its Education and Care Regulatory Unit was aware of the email, which made a number of allegations regarding management and governance.
“The majority of the concerns identified in the anonymous email relate to matters outside of ECRU’s jurisdiction,” he said.
“The email does include some non-specific allegations regarding staffing and record-keeping — areas where ECRU does have a regulatory role. ECRU will commence an investigation into these matters.”
Mr Jolly stressed there were no concerns regarding the safety or wellbeing of children.
“ECRU has been in contact with the service and is working with them to offer assistance and support in reopening,” he said.
A group of parents and Unicare staff gathered outside the entrance of the daycare yesterday after the shock announcement.
Working mother Arti Dyett, whose son spent three years at Unicare and whose daughter is enrolled to start there next year, said the centre was the best thing that had happened to her son.
“It’s such a beautiful centre, the staff are just gorgeous and lovely and I wouldn’t think twice about sending my children there,” she said.
“My son actually wanted to name my daughter after one of the staff members.”
She said if the centre remained closed into next year it would significantly impact her family.
“I’m a working mum, I work four days a week and my husband works five days a week so this would have a huge impact on our lives,” she said.
“Trying to find childcare has been one of the hardest things for us as parents.”
[/QUOTE

Dude,

You are an absolute legend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to a report last year, the LGAs with the lowest amount of tree canopy cover were Wanneroo, Belmont, Canning, Joondalup and Cockburn, with 10% or less.
Makes sense with Belmont, Canning and Cockburn, lots of new development estates or sub-dividing/units & apartments built on old blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back