Opinion Stephen Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

And good people are those who are willing to be accountable, transparent etc.

Including the CEO
If he‘s predominately been accountable to the board, perhaps even to the Pres himself, and if that‘s been accepted practice during his tenure, it‘s not an immovable given that everything need fall under the control of the CEO. SOS might have been operating according to accepted operational custom/s within CFC. A good argument might possibly be made of need for list management to have independence from other operational aspects of the club.

Last edited:
I think people are exaggerating the comments that have been made, and perhaps even the intent of Liddle's actions (assuming that they weren't lead by Agresta or Lloyd).

My impression of the ITK is that SOS was unhappy with the course of action, but nothing more explosive. The HS write-up leans towards Liddle applying pressure to seek bigger name signings to attract more interest.

In that respect, we got Eddie in a much better deal than originally anticipated, and that should work out OK if he's able to eke out 10-15 games this season. If he outperforms those expectations, great.

Away from that, we don't need overpriced senior reinforcements, we need stars in very specific positions, assuming we don't have a few pop up from within the existing list, or through our 2019 draft hand. Of particularly note is the need for a running defender, and a balanced midfielder who can consistently impact at the clearances and assist Cripps.

We had a dip at Coniglio and the AFL had to intervene to prevent it, and in terms of the other we have Docherty and Williamson returning, with the possibility of Ash or Young at pick 9, or perhaps even someone like Gould if we want to trade down a tad (though I'd prefer to develop him as an inside mid if possible).

I think we should take the level to which this has gone to with a grain of salt, but I remain unimpressed with Agresta's work, with our late picks and DFA hauls improving from bizarre mature picks to average mature picks.

Cautionary note: our ITK's get plenty of mail about list management. Some of the recent mail is clearly opinion. Sources in a list management capacity may not be...impartial.

Worth keeping in mind before getting too wound up.

Always appreciate the ITK's and their mail, but always consider the lens through which it is projected.

Cautionary note: our ITK's get plenty of mail about list management. Some of the recent mail is clearly opinion. Sources in a list management capacity may not be...impartial.

Worth keeping in mind before getting too wound up.

Always appreciate the ITK's and their mail, but always consider the lens through which it is projected.

It’s not opinion that Liddle showed Papley and Ellis around the club without SOS.

That either happened or it didn’t.

If it happened, then that doesn’t put Liddle in a great light.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A few of your type are quick to use one line insults thinking that somehow is a substitute for having a clue.

Seriously naive post regarding how one goes about getting the best deal for the least amount of money whilst offending the least number of people.

the CEO you chest puffed about ( yeah the bald bloke whose job it is to grow memberships ) is an absolute rank amateur when it comes to player selection, list management and all the real work required to build on field performance - he is a classic sales guy with an ego wanting to get a few scalps and cement his position and authority. Classic idjot.

How do I know he has no list management or player selection competency ? - because he has never ever done it - for starters.

Your logic is basically saying he should be able to tell Russell how to do his job - because he has this title called 'CEO'....

hilarious.

You've attributed some completely unrelated opinions to me, not sure how or why. Never said Liddle or Lloyd should be running list mamagement, only that the connections and intel they bring to the table should be viewed as complementary, not irrelevant.

It’s not opinion that Liddle showed Papley and Ellis around the club without SOS.

That either happened or it didn’t.

If it happened, then that doesn’t put Liddle in a great light.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

True, but posts calling him an idiot or incompetent are opinion, amd clearly emotional. First I've seen that sort of response from our ITK's, which tells me feathers have been ruffled.

Generated a spike in membership with the “thank you for sticking with us thorough the hard time’s we are going to automatically upgrade your membership for free” program this year.

The s**t has already hit the fan with next years membership as people have to opt out if they want to go back to their previous membership level otherwise they will have to pay the upgrade price for next year.

I’m sensing Liddle is going to be up against it if it’s an “either him or me” battle versus SOS if Logudice is the referee.
I didn’t have to opt out. Club just carried over my previous level and were very helpful when I changed my add on.

So we have a moronic CEO who’s running our club and likes to have a say in everything.Whilst disappointing sounds like a lot of business organisations.Some people just don’t get along.Hopefully if they’re sensible they’ll sort it out and concentrate on the bigger picture which is THE CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB!

I think people are exaggerating the comments that have been made, and perhaps even the intent of Liddle's actions (assuming that they weren't lead by Agresta or Lloyd).

My impression of the ITK is that SOS was unhappy with the course of action, but nothing more explosive. The HS write-up leans towards Liddle applying pressure to seek bigger name signings to attract more interest.

In that respect, we got Eddie in a much better deal than originally anticipated, and that should work out OK if he's able to eke out 10-15 games this season. If he outperforms those expectations, great.

Away from that, we don't need overpriced senior reinforcements, we need stars in very specific positions, assuming we don't have a few pop up from within the existing list, or through our 2019 draft hand. Of particularly note is the need for a running defender, and a balanced midfielder who can consistently impact at the clearances and assist Cripps.

We had a dip at Coniglio and the AFL had to intervene to prevent it, and in terms of the other we have Docherty and Williamson returning, with the possibility of Ash or Young at pick 9, or perhaps even someone like Gould if we want to trade down a tad (though I'd prefer to develop him as an inside mid if possible).

I think we should take the level to which this has gone to with a grain of salt, but I remain unimpressed with Agresta's work, with our late picks and DFA hauls improving from bizarre mature picks to average mature picks.

What I find funny is that there was a rumor that Liddle had questioned Silvagni on the failed attempts to recruit big names. Funny since I haven't heard him make a big noise and question the AFL on their involvement in getting Coniglio an out of salary cap deal to keep him at GWS or the AFL leaning on GC to hold strong on Jack Martin.

Given the awesome job SOS has done to date our CEO should be hounding the AFL on these matters not SOS. This stinks of something bad. Liddle is our CEO and instead of doing the right thing by our club and ensuring we have a level playing field with the rest of the comp in recruiting, he's building a case against the guy who has turned our list into almost the envy of the comp.

Who said the President hasn't stepped in and laid down the law? Liddle will end up burning the club to the ground, guy is moronic
If Liddle is moronic 10c, then it doesn’t say a great deal about our recruitment process.

Maybe we were sucked in by the achievements at Richmond and his contribution to that success?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I find funny is that there was a rumor that Liddle had questioned Silvagni on the failed attempts to recruit big names. Funny since I haven't heard him make a big noise and question the AFL on their involvement in getting Coniglio an out of salary cap deal to keep him at GWS or the AFL leaning on GC to hold strong on Jack Martin.

Given the awesome job SOS has done to date our CEO should be hounding the AFL on these matters not SOS. This stinks of something bad. Liddle is our CEO and instead of doing the right thing by our club and ensuring we have a level playing field with the rest of the comp in recruiting, he's building a case against the guy who has turned our list into almost the envy of the comp.
Best post to date.

How about our club grows up, acts adult, gets its s**t together and people put their egos aside and just do their own damn jobs to the best of their abilities for the benefit of the whole damned club

How about our club grows up, acts adult, gets its s**t together and people put their egos aside and just do their own damn jobs to the best of their abilities for the benefit of the whole damned club
There are many organisations which have asked the same thing. Frailty thy name is...ego!

SOS has been actively undermined.
Well that is completely and utterly ****ed. And very simply resolved. SOS should give Liddle the chance to knock it off. Then go to Board. Like sorry Cain but you’re nothing more than ‘promising’ pal. And you can gagf if you think you can be a party to undermining SOS. Some on here won’t mind. But there will be copious amounts of blood spilled. For sure. And it won’t be SOS’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back