2019 Phantom Draft starting 28/10/2019

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL You guys really have not left me too much and are ruthless in picking players Rivers/Stephens/MCasey/Day all off the board
Richmond bid on Liam Henry ( Cannot believe you guys have let him drift this far)
4tune8

Im thinking 4tune8 will most certainly match so will follow up with a bid on Maginness smurfin
Yep, matched....bargain for Freo here.

So Maginnes now bid by Richmond at pick 20?
Hawthorn should be happy it lasted this long.
They will use pick 30 to match and strip another 100 points off pick 42, downgrading it to around 48 or 49 (not sure which way rounding goes?)

At this stage I expect they will offer pick 30 ( + 54 or 63?) for trade with Tigers 38 & 41, or Adelaide's 37 & 45 or Brisbane's 34 & 48.
Anything that will improve their remaining 48(downgraded 42), 54, 63 ideally by protecting their pick 42.
Richmond would be the most attractive for Hawthorn to deal with, but not sure if Tiges would bite on sacrificing one of their next 3 picks to jump up 8 places to 30? Maybe a swap of next year's picks offered as well?

So Maginnes now bid by Richmond at pick 20?
Hawthorn should be happy it lasted this long.
They will use pick 30 to match and strip another 100 points off pick 42, downgrading it to around 48 or 49 (not sure which way rounding goes?)

At this stage I expect they will offer pick 30 ( + 54 or 63?) for trade with Tigers 38 & 41, or Adelaide's 37 & 45 or Brisbane's 34 & 48.
Anything that will improve their remaining 48(downgraded 42), 54, 63 ideally by protecting their pick 42.
Richmond would be the most attractive for Hawthorn to deal with, but not sure if Tiges would bite on sacrificing one of their next 3 picks to jump up 8 places to 30? Maybe a swap of next year's picks offered as well?
Very likely scenarios, well thought out.

Well the time has come for me to select for Richmond and unfortunately this has not gone the way i had hoped with my preferred players in Stephens,Mcasay,Rivers & Day all gone before our selection.

I have decided to fill a need with what is arguably the best remaining player at pick #21+
Richmond pick #21 select
Josh Worrell
195cm 85kg vic metro / Sandringham

Worrell has the ability to play fwd and back and is comfortable at either end of the ground similar to darcy Moore and has good speed agility and reads the play well. With the tutoring of Grimes/Rance/Astbury/Leppa etc im hoping we have our KPB to take over from Rance with this selection
There is a belief that had it not been for his shoulder injury he could have been a top 10 selection this year.

LIKE many of his Sandringham Dragons teammates, Josh Worrell is a player who has rocketed up draft boards on the back of his enormous upside. After establishing himself as a high-end intercept defender early in the year for Sandringham and later with Haileybury, Worrell made a star-turn to become Vic Metro’s surprise leading goalkicker with seven goals across the four games – including a bag of four against Western Australia and three against South Australia. At 195cm, Worrell is the new-wave defensive type who kicks like a small but marks like a tall, giving him that dual-pronged threat across half-back and making him a recruiter’s dream. His season was unfortunately cut short after the national carnival as he underwent a shoulder reconstruction, preventing him from improving on some of his pre-season scores at the National Combine. Still, recruiters will be well aware of his scope for improvement, with his steep adaptation on the big stage and eye-catching style making him a first-round lock.

STRENGTHS:

Versatility
Marking
Rebounding
Decision making
Kicking
Upside

gunnagunnagunna

Well the time has come for me to select for Richmond and unfortunately this has not gone the way i had hoped with my preferred players in Stephens,Mcasay,Rivers & Day all gone before our selection.

I have decided to fill a need with what is arguably the best remaining player at pick #21+
Richmond pick #21 select
Josh Worrell

Worrell has the ability to play fwd and back and is comfortable at either end of the ground similar to darcy Moore and has good speed agility and reads the play well. With the tutoring of Grimes/Rance/Astbury/Leppa etc im hoping we have our KPB to take over from Rance with this selection
There is a belief that had it not been for his shoulder injury he could have been a top 10 selection this year.

LIKE many of his Sandringham Dragons teammates, Josh Worrell is a player who has rocketed up draft boards on the back of his enormous upside. After establishing himself as a high-end intercept defender early in the year for Sandringham and later with Haileybury, Worrell made a star-turn to become Vic Metro’s surprise leading goalkicker with seven goals across the four games – including a bag of four against Western Australia and three against South Australia. At 195cm, Worrell is the new-wave defensive type who kicks like a small but marks like a tall, giving him that dual-pronged threat across half-back and making him a recruiter’s dream. His season was unfortunately cut short after the national carnival as he underwent a shoulder reconstruction, preventing him from improving on some of his pre-season scores at the National Combine. Still, recruiters will be well aware of his scope for improvement, with his steep adaptation on the big stage and eye-catching style making him a first-round lock.

STRENGTHS:

Versatility
Marking
Rebounding
Decision making
Kicking
Upside

gunnagunnagunna

getting at tall with our first pick is growing on me

Worrell looks a nice fit to add to the warehouse of talent at tigerland; Turner, Ross, Stack, RCD, Balta, CCJ, Higgins, Naish, Bolton etc.

getting at tall with our first pick is growing on me

Worrell looks a nice fit to add to the warehouse of talent at tigerland; Turner, Ross, Stack, RCD, Balta, CCJ, Higgins, Naish, Bolton etc.
Thanks mate , With what was left on the board filling the need with best available just made alot of sense, I have a couple of mids in mind for later picks so hopefully get another Ross , Worpel,Graham type

We also have Ethan Baxter to come in as a KPD next year as an academy pick so starting to build the future

Richmond pick #21 select
Josh Worrell

STRENGTHS:

Versatility
Marking
Rebounding
Decision making
Kicking
Upside

gunnagunnagunna
Damn! Was really keen on him for my next pick!

But since I am committed to taking a tall Gold coast select

Sam De Koning

Will write up when I get home

Damn! Was really keen on him for my next pick!

But since I am committed to taking a tall Gold coast select

Sam De Koning

Will write up when I get home
I did look long and hard at Sam but just thought that Worrell is that bit more classy and a designated KPP where sam could become a Ruck in the future and seemed a stretch at pick #20 but kudos you went for the kid

wrennyboy

I did look long and hard at Sam but just thought that Worrell is that bit more classy and a designated KPP where sam could become a Ruck in the future and seemed a stretch at pick #20 but kudos you went for the kid

wrennyboy
Had a couple mids I was looking at, but with 3 already on the board felt the time was right for a tall.

With Lukosious, King and 2 meter Peter up forward, the plan was to boost mid strength first then work on Defence! Had Worrell lined up to do exactly that but you beat me to it!

23. Brisbane: Trent Bianco (VIC)
Height, Weight:
178cm/70kg
Profile: Precise and consistent ball user who has the versatility to play on a wing or in defence. Captained the talented Oakleigh Chargers to this year's NAB League premiership.

_RT_

if freo traded out their pick 22 it would be the pick that's up next, but honestly, there's no one really left on the board that i would want to trade up for, there's a lot around the 3 picks that we have in 38, 39, 41 that i like though so i don't mind if it pans out this way. although in saying that there would hopefully be one player that slips that the club rates should a trade eventuate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With pick 24 Adelaide select

Sam Philp 186cm 79kg Inside Midfielder

This kid has steadily climbed the draft charts with consistent performances for the Northern Knights where he averaged 22.8 disposals 11.4 contested possessions 5.7 clearances & 5.8 tackles. Along with his ability to win the footy, Philp has elite endurance and speed which allows him to not only cover the ground, but to breakaway from stoppage situations. Alongside Flanders both shape as players who can slot into the Crows side from round 1 as they rebuild under new coach Matthew Nicks.

YeOldTiger is up.

Last edited:

This kid has steadily climbed the draft charts with consistent performances for the Northern Knights where he averaged 22.8 disposals 11.4 contested possessions 5.7 clearances & 5.8 tackles. Along with his ability to win the footy, Philp has elite endurance and speed which allows him to not only cover the ground, but to breakaway from stoppage situations. Alongside Flanders both shape as players who can slot into the Crows side from round 1 as they rebuild under new coach Matthew Nicks.

YeOldTiger is up.
If we weren't so short on KP backs I would like to snaffle up this kid for TigerLand! elite endurance and speed, seems a natural fit! :thumbsu:

If we weren't so short on KP backs I would like to snaffle up this kid for TigerLand! elite endurance and speed, seems a natural fit! :thumbsu:
I think all the good Kp's will be gone by our pick.So Philp might come into our calculations.

Starting to warm to taking him at 20 if the likes of Cooper Stephens/Trent Rivers aren't available. There is likely to be a swag of KPDs around the late 30's-early 40s range that will fill our needs just as well.

YeOldTiger is up.

Bolted up the board, colour me shocked.

With pick 25 Geelong select Jeremy Sharp. 187cm 79kg running defender/outside mid.

Just taking the best player here.

Dual All Australian. WA kid who has had two consistent seasons in a row. Runs all day and helps our building a fleet of taller, hard running mids. The game is all about pace these days and being able to cover the ground and this kid ticks every box in that regard. Last year we got Clark and compliment him this year with Bergman, Stephens and now Sharp and we're very happy with our haul.

One third round pick to go. Time for something a bit different I suspect.

Last edited:
Sydney select Harry Schoenberg at Pick 26

182cm/83kg Inside Mid
WWT Eagles/South Australia

Another inside mid to add to the swans new midfield group. Dominated the Champs and maintained that form through his play back in his home state. Has to work on his engine but his clearance ability is elite.

Comparison: Taylor Adams

With pick 25 Geelong select Jeremy Sharp. 187cm 79kg running defender/outside mid.

Just taking the best player here.

Dual All Australian. WA kid who has had two consistent seasons in a row. Runs all day and helps our building a fleet of taller, hard running mids. The game is all about pace these days and being able to cover the ground and this kid ticks every box in that regard. Last year we got Clark and compliment him this year with Bergman, Stephens and now Sharp and we're very happy with our haul.

One third round pick to go. Time for something a bit different I suspect.

Kelly who?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back