Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

I love my trees and greenery.
i had some in inglewood when i lived there. But now i have a forest.

As people age they often want to upgrade to bigger and better house. I reckon they need to upgrade to more greenery (which often does come with better houses but not necessarily bigger if it means heading more inner suburbs).

B7E858DF-230D-4C19-A063-25967BF07F4F.jpeg

I wasn't aware Perth properties still had trees
We're lucky enough to have 2 mature flame trees about 8ish metres tall. An Illawarra and a coral. The coral is great because it drops its leaves so we still get the Winter sun as our house faces more or less east/west. The bummer is the thorns and the cleaning up of the leaves and the dead flowers and the stems and the thorns and the lorikeets and needing to have it professionally pruned but it looks great in Summer. The Illawarra is a nice tree too but the seed pods attract the rats. One year it flowered at the right time so that the ground was carpeted in red flowers over Christmas. It's a nice tree. They're both worth the downsides and it makes me sad to think the next owners may be demolishing our house, subdividing the block and it'll be adios flame brothers.

I love my trees and greenery.
i had some in inglewood when i lived there. But now i have a forest.

As people age they often want to upgrade to bigger and better house. I reckon they need to upgrade to more greenery (which often does come with better houses but not necessarily bigger if it means heading more inner suburbs).

View attachment 776472
Looks like a nice easy par 3?

We're lucky enough to have 2 mature flame trees about 8ish metres tall. An Illawarra and a coral. The coral is great because it drops its leaves so we still get the Winter sun as our house faces more or less east/west. The bummer is the thorns and the cleaning up of the leaves and the dead flowers and the stems and the thorns and the lorikeets and needing to have it professionally pruned but it looks great in Summer. The Illawarra is a nice tree too but the seed pods attract the rats. One year it flowered at the right time so that the ground was carpeted in red flowers over Christmas. It's a nice tree. They're both worth the downsides and it makes me sad to think the next owners may be demolishing our house, subdividing the block and it'll be adios flame brothers.

Looks like a nice easy par 3?
That is actually the flood plain. River is at the top of that picture between the trees and if we get typical summer tropical rain for a few days on end that flat section floods. My house is actually up a hill on a ridge. If i get flooded, 80% of gold coast goes under

Makes sense with Belmont, Canning and Cockburn, lots of new development estates or sub-dividing/units & apartments built on old blocks
I thought it would make sense for Joondalup and Wanneroo. Belmont and Canning have far less new suburban estates, though Canning Vale is in the City of Canning and I doubt there’s a tree larger than fence high there.

I thought it would make sense for Joondalup and Wanneroo. Belmont and Canning have far less new suburban estates, though Canning Vale is in the City of Canning and I doubt there’s a tree larger than fence high there.
I don't venture north of the river in all honesty. Last time I went was when my girlfriend got her tattoo in Westminster. I assume the urban sprawl has made its way in there as well (not including Alkimos, Two Rocks etc.)

You know the Perth urban sprawl is getting out of control when you don't even know the names of the suburbs they mention on the news.

Some youths broke into a house in Camillo and then they went on a high speed chase through Brookdale.

Where the F*** are these places?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know the Perth urban sprawl is getting out of control when you don't even know the names of the suburbs they mention on the news.

Some youths broke into a house in Camillo and then they went on a high speed chase through Brookdale.

Camillo's come up a few times here recently, it's Westfield.

Still considering. Not immediately though. And probably not your idea of the country
It has been crossing my mind to move to Toodyay at some stage and get a place on a half acre block. Very small town but less than 1 hour from the edge of Perth, Prospector train stops there as well. I hate Northam but could get work there and it's less than 20 minutes drive there iirc.

I'd probably still prefer to move back to Perth but any place I'd want to own and live in you probably need at least 700k these days which is out of reach for me.

It has been crossing my mind to move to Toodyay at some stage and get a place on a half acre block. Very small town but less than 1 hour from the edge of Perth, Prospector train stops there as well. I hate Northam but could get work there and it's less than 20 minutes drive there iirc.

I'd probably still prefer to move back to Perth but any place I'd want to own and live in you probably need at least 700k these days which is out of reach for me.
There's places in the hills that are less than that. Kalamunda and Lesmurdie have places for less than 600k.

There’s a new estate every other week north of Joondalup, it seems.
Had a quick look on Google maps, the distinct roof colours show me just how much random s**t has popped up around there. Clarkson, Carramar, Banksia Grove, Tapping & Butler are full of new developments.

Think Armadale.

Ah yes, the hot and blustery easterly winds, aka The Devil's Breath.

Well I suppose I've been gloating all cold season long so it's time for The Summer People to shine, nonetheless, I hope you all suffer in your sweaty and swampy undies.
So far just walking around the house in my boxers eating crumpets and drinking freshly ground coffee. Neither sweaty nor swampy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back