Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why Richmond were allowed to pilfer the Suns and take Caddy and Prestia
That is why Essendon were allowed to plunder GWS and take Smith and Sheil but
the minute Carlton were about to land Coniglio. Gillan brings out the big stop signs
.....and the compensation for losing Waite was...please remind me again?
We are not Victims just itching to get even.

#Mod edit

Richmond grabbed Caddy from Geelong. Blues could have landed Prestia and Saad but they accepted higher coin elsewhere.Saad especially was keen to get to the Blues.

Essendon plundering GWS?? ******* lol.. from a Carlton supporter that is hilarious.

If you're going to post s**t, at least have a crack at posting accurate s**t.

Michael Jezz

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2007
collingwood
AFL Club
Carlton
Richmond grabbed Caddy from Geelong. Blues could have landed Prestia and Saad but they accepted higher coin elsewhere.Saad especially was keen to get to the Blues.

Essendon plundering GWS?? ******* lol.. from a Carlton supporter that is hilarious.

Carlton got the GWS cast offs.
Essendon plundered their better players

Carlton got the GWS cast offs.
Essendon plundered their better players

Umm ok. I won't need to say much to counter your argument because frankly, you're doing a good enough job of that yourself.

Anyway, moving forward, there were reasons behind our GWS 'bulk buy' recruiting that have been covered here, and been detailed by the Club ad nauseam.

Thankfully, that scattergun approach to list rejuvenation is over and we can now be far more selective in our approach to recruitment.

djw1952

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
mentone
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
liverpool

He was right about Gil stepping in to keep Coniglio at GWS though. The AFL has gone & "sponsored" him outside the cap like they have always done with the Ducks up in Sydney!!!

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
That is why Richmond were allowed to pilfer the Suns and take Caddy and Prestia
Giving up pick 6 is hardly pilfering for Prestia.

Caddy was a trade from Geelong, NOT the Suns....

Geelong will be very happy with Parfitt and Narkle long term from that deal.

Too much made up bullshit around here passed on as if reality.
It's sad this is the level here at moment some are plunging to.
List management understanding is so bad here.
Lift people.

He was right about Gil stepping in to keep Coniglio at GWS though. The AFL has gone & "sponsored" him outside the cap like they have always done with the Ducks up in Sydney!!!

True, but when someone sprouts so much s**t, being right once isn't nearly as important as being quiet.

Kreuz Control

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Mate "IF" this was the case it wasn't aimed at Carlton, it was the same for all teams that were trying to obtain his services. Everyone says but we had him, however, you never have anyone until the ink is dry. Let it go

Last edited:
Giving up pick 6 is hardly pilfering for Prestia.

Caddy was a trade from Geelong, NOT the Suns....

Geelong will be very happy with Parfitt and Narkle long term from that deal.

Too much made up bullshit around here passed on as if reality.
It's sad this is the level here at moment some are plunging to.
List management understanding is so bad here.
Lift people.

I plan to lift to such an extent I'm considering a name change to Otis Schindler......

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
I'd correct a couple:

THE UGLY:

• Zach Tuohy and a 2017 second round pick to Geelong for Billie Smedts, pick 63 and a 2017 first-round pick. - Probably a mediocre trade in the end but not ugly, we did get a first round pick out of it. Ugly makes it seem like a complete disaster of a trade, which it's not.
  • Pick 135 to GWS for Rhys Palmer - How on earth is this ugly? Trading a pick that's never been used in the history of the draft for a salary dump which in turn enabled us to complete another trade for slight unders. This one is just irresponsible journalism.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'd correct a couple:

THE UGLY:

• Zach Tuohy and a 2017 second round pick to Geelong for Billie Smedts, pick 63 and a 2017 first-round pick. - Probably a mediocre trade in the end but not ugly, we did get a first round pick out of it. Ugly makes it seem like a complete disaster of a trade, which it's not.
  • Pick 135 to GWS for Rhys Palmer - How on earth is this ugly? Trading a pick that's never been used in the history of the draft for a salary dump which in turn enabled us to complete another trade for slight unders. This one is just irresponsible journalism.

Palmer an ugly trade, pick 135, what a joke.

The other on the other hand I agree with. Tuohy is a good player and would have been worth the 1st on his own, for a challenging side, it was pick 14 if I recall.
I assume SOS banked on finishing 3-5 spots higher than we did.

Other than this, he hasn’t done much wrong, Kennedy might come to haunt him, but you can’t get them all right.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Palmer an ugly trade, pick 135, what a joke.

The other on the other hand I agree with. Tuohy is a good player and would have been worth the 1st on his own, for a challenging side, it was pick 14 if I recall.
I assume SOS banked on finishing 3-5 spots higher than we did.

Other than this, he hasn’t done much wrong, Kennedy might come to haunt him, but you can’t get them all right.
I just don't see the Tuohy trade as ugly. Imo mediocre is fair enough, you could make the case it was bad, but it's not ugly. Like I said that makes it seem like an out and out failure of a trade, which I don't think it was.

"with an incredible 12 players on its list taken as a top-10 selection ... the Blues have stockpiled a stunning array of talent"

Yet the list manager is leaving?

Yep, straight after he drops the mic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back