Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunstar

Senior List
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Genuinely surprised at the lack of mature aged guys still available. Only three (iirc) have been taken (Riccardi [20], Baker [21], Partington [22]).

Sokol should be given an opportunity. I still like Tyler Keitel as someone who continues to put runs on the board. From the VFL, Riley Bowman is an outstanding ruck/fwd prospect. Sam Lowson and Lochie Dickson from Coburg is still very impressive. Campbell Husthwaite from Collingwoods VFL side has been impressive as well.

With so many darts being thrown, surely some of these known quantities could be given an opportunity?
One thing a lot of these Vic kids who starred in the NAB league (but didn’t play in the under 18 champs) are getting picked in these phantom drafts. Remember these kids are untested against the best and dominated against a skeleton league which was missing the private school kids and the academy teams for most of the season. Feel sorry for kids like Ellem , McGorry, Thorne , A Crossley etc who barely have got a mention but had to compete against men in the Neafl each week and did well against the BEST kids in their age group

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
One thing a lot of these Vic kids who starred in the NAB league (but didn’t play in the under 18 champs) are getting picked in these phantom drafts. Remember these kids are untested against the best and dominated against a skeleton league which was missing the private school kids and the academy teams for most of the season. Feel sorry for kids like Ellem , McGorry, Thorne , A Crossley etc who barely have got a mention but had to compete against men in the Neafl each week and did well against the BEST kids in their age group
Jack Ross didn’t play in the champs last year and still managed to play senior football this year and look pretty comfortable, I wouldn’t be using it as an argument.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Genuinely surprised at the lack of mature aged guys still available. Only three (iirc) have been taken (Riccardi [20], Baker [21], Partington [22]).

Sokol should be given an opportunity. I still like Tyler Keitel as someone who continues to put runs on the board. From the VFL, Riley Bowman is an outstanding ruck/fwd prospect. Sam Lowson and Lochie Dickson from Coburg is still very impressive. Campbell Husthwaite from Collingwoods VFL side has been impressive as well.

With so many darts being thrown, surely some of these known quantities could be given an opportunity?

Sokol and Lowson have been picked up, some other mature players you missed were Ben Kelly, Matt McGuinness, Elliot Dunkin and Kieran Parnell

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I took Sokol with my second pick.

If Thunderstruck needs one I'd be taking Josh Gore for Adelaide as my best remaining U18.
I think Thunderstruck said he was passing the remaining picks because the Crows would take them to the rookie draft.

I mean, that's maybe not the point of this exercise, but it is most likely what that Crows will do on draft night.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
If Adelaide are skipping I guess that puts Gore back in the pool.

To keep things going as I'll be out today with Collingwood's next two picks I'll take Haiden Schloithe and Jye Bolton and I'm not keeping up with who's turn it is.

If anyone before me in the order wants them I'm happy to go back and re-do the picks later. Can't say I've been keeping track of who plans to pass or where we're up to, but this should keep things going.

foj1

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
With Hartley delisted am I entitled to another pick?
I will wait for that one

Final Pick. :westcoast: West Coast.

Jack Buller. 198 cm 92 kg. KPP / Ruck. Claremont.

images-22.jpg

Come into the draft wanting to acquire a young developmental ruckman.
Buller fits that requirement.

He has in many ways been overshadowed by a few WA ruck draft prospects.
Obviously Luke Jackson has taken centre stage and his able sidekick Callum Jamieson has also garnered attention.

Buller played in the same WAFL Colts team and while Jamieson was the lead ruck , Buller was the more than capable back up.
The pair were able to share the 2019 WAFL Colts Premiership together as team mates.

Buller is held in high regard at Claremont and he does have a versatility that few emerging ruck / tall's have, in so much as he can and has already been played as a KPD , KPF and rucked.

It's his positional versatility that attracts and for his size he has good skills.
He has a good footy brain and brings teammates around him into the game.

With the likes of Jamieson, Comben and Bryan already off the board Buller was next on my list.
Considered Zac Patterson and I think at this stage of their football development Patterson is a better pure ruckman , but he doesn't do a lot after that by way of impacting general play.

Buller is a bit of a punt however from what I have watched and seen over the past two seasons , he has some traits that I can see being developed further and he might surprise.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
# 105 Geelong - Angus Hanrahan - Sandringham Dragons / 184cm / 76kg

Like this kid. Little surprised didn't go last year as has some real tricks but fair play there was a knock or two around elements of his game. Had a very good this year. Developed a bit more positional scope but has some real tricks at AFL level around his speed and skills. Best suited to HB and wing for mine. Get him hitting the ball at speed, he's clean and he makes good decisions and backs it up with his skill. There are areas to work on but nothing that cant be sorted in an AFL club environment. To good not to get a chance.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Can we get all player write ups still missing a few updated on the first page I’d love to read about
I have a life (yes outside of bigfooty) a wife, a child, and work (hey I’m sitting here on my lunch break at work right now).

I’ve got one profile left to write. Might get done on Monday or Tuesday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
If Adelaide are skipping I guess that puts Gore back in the pool.

To keep things going as I'll be out today with Collingwood's next two picks I'll take Haiden Schloithe and Jye Bolton and I'm not keeping up with who's turn it is.

If anyone before me in the order wants them I'm happy to go back and re-do the picks later. Can't say I've been keeping track of who plans to pass or where we're up to, but this should keep things going.

I thought Josh Gore was drafted already. I’m probably wrong seeing as no one else has mentioned it.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have a life (yes outside of bigfooty) a wife, a child, and work (hey I’m sitting here on my lunch break at work right now).

I’ve got one profile left to write. Might get done on Monday or Tuesday.
Well I’ve got a wife, two children, work and a dog but that doesn’t stop me spending all of my time on BigFooty!

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I thought Josh Gore was drafted already. I’m probably wrong seeing as no one else has mentioned it.

Gold Coast chose not to pre-list Gore. Has not been taken in this draft to my knowledge. Would recommend for anyone looking for a good forward in the latter portion of the draft. My best remaining u18 talent anyway, just in Collingwood's situation in this draft having taken so many forwards already he obviously wasn't a need for me.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Pick 97: Leno Thomas

Writeup I will add here later.

Thunderstruck

Brief writeups

Pick 97: Leno Thomas
Thomas has not been a big stat winner throughout the colts season, but as a half back he is a disciplined player with good disposal and some leadership abilities. Highlight would undoubtedly be the spoil in the last quarter of the Colts finals to basically allow Claremont to hold on - just had that something said maybe he could work at the next level. Freo NGA developed.

Pick 10X: Jed McEntee
Agile inside midfielder, he is a bit small (176cm) which will be held against him but can get a bit of the ball, moves okay and generally a good disposer. In the real thing more a rookie player, but the basis of an AFL midfielder is there, and you never know till they get in the system.

Pick 10X+Y: Charlie Dean
Maybe he is more a key defender than a key forward, but he kicked a few goals this year and seems a good judge for a mark either end. I think he offers versatility within the frame of someone athletic enough to have some potential to be useful at AFL level.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
104 - Collingwood - Haiden Schloithe
Winning the 2017 Sandover Medal ahead of then teammate Tim Kelly, former Fremantle rookie Haiden Schloithe remains one of the best players outside the AFL. The classy 26-year-old midfielder/forward has averaged almost 26 disposals per game over the past three seasons while averaging more than one goal per game each year.

110 - Collingwood - Jye Bolton
Winner of the 2016 and 2018 Sandover Medals for the WAFL’s fairest and best, Jye Bolton is a ready-to-go midfielder. The 27-year-old, former Collingwood rookie has averaged 29 disposals over the past four seasons. He can play inside or outside and remains one of the best midfielders outside the AFL.

--
I found myself not loving any of the u18s enough to take in the national draft so I took two who can contend for if not win best 22 spots in their own right.

Schloithe as a mid/fwd can rotate between the two positions and Bolton who provides coverage inside or outside mid.

I consider to see the WAFL pair good enough to play regularly on any AFL side as two who should have been re-drafted years ago.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Pick 89. :westcoast: West Coast.

Jye Clark 179 cm .72 kg. Midfielder. Claremont.

Younger brother of Geelong's Jordan. Skilled midfielder who had some injury niggles through out the season that have hampered his production.
Was a member of the Claremont Colts Premiership team.
Showed enough during the season to suggest he has a skill set to maybe make it at the next level.

Realistically pick 93 is going to be a rookie spot not a main draft pick and as such I would be happy to take a punt on him.

The cupboard is getting pretty bare at this point in the selection process.

Pretty unhappy with what I have been able to pick up in this mock, that said I didn't have much in the way of picks to work with.

Went tantalisingly close to having what I would have considered a good mock had either of Ruscoe fallen two spots and Georgiardies fallen one spot, similarly I would have been more than happy to have had Ben Johnson fall another two spots.

Incidentally I think that Ben Johnson has the best foot skills in this cohort.

Have several names still on my list but , in all honesty , they all are long shots to make a list because they are real project / developmental type players.
One of which I will probably take next.

Davo-27 Hawks are up if they still have any picks left.
Great pick Monocle. I thoguh you said he will be a star and isn't available until next year? ;) ;)

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
players left over i would hope fall to the Hawks

1. Mitch Mellis - Eastern
2. Josh Gore - GCS A
3. Jesse Clark - Geelong