2019 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt be surprised if a tall or two comes in.

The VFL side looks a bit short post Moore and Townsend (played big sort of)

especially if the idea is to play the four talls in the senior defense; Grimes, Astbury, Rance, Broad/Balta

I asked the oracle and he said:

1. Hard to see McAsey dropping outside the top 15. He remains a top-10 chance. Bargain if recruiters somehow let him slide, but I can't see it happening.

2. As per my current phantom draft (see page one) Cooper Stephens (mid) I have going to Richmond with their first pick.

3. Jake Riccardi/Mitch Georgiades/Cooper Sharman/Charlie Comben/Dyson Hilder/Karl Finlay are some of those who should be there, though it is on the relatively early side with each of them. If a Harrison Jones or Sam De Koning slide that may appeal more-so.

4. There are always some interesting stats around. Mark McGough youngest player in the AFL winning the ANZAC Day Medal. Marlion Pickett as a first gamer winning an AFL premiership. Turner is going to have to work hard to earn senior opportunities on a good Richmond side.

It be nice if one of those talls listed fell to a Richmond pick in the rookie draft - just to give some tall depth

47 Soldo, Ivan 23yr 204cm 106kg
40 Coleman-Jones, Callum 20yr 200cm 97kg
41 Chol, Mabior R 22yr 199cm 93kg
25 Nankervis, Toby 25yr 199cm 102kg
19 Lynch, Tom 27yr 199cm 99kg
12 Astbury, David 28yr 195cm 96kg
46 Miller, Ben 20yr 195cm 94kg
38 Balta, Noah 20yr 194cm 94kg
18 Rance, Alex 30yr 194cm 95kg
26 Collier-Dawkins, Riley 19yr 193cm 88kg [mid]
8 Riewoldt, Jack 262 31yr 193cm 92kg
2 Grimes, Dylan 28yr 193cm 90kg
42 Garthwaite, Ryan 21yr 192cm 91kg
35 Broad, Nathan 26yr 192cm 89kg
33 Mcintosh, Kamdyn 25yr 191cm [mid]

Last edited:
(smalls)
rowell [suns]
anderson [suns]
young
green [gws]
flanders

serong
ash
henry [freo]
kemp
stephens

weightman
robertson
gould
rivers
sharp

maginness [hawks]
stephens
schoenberg
byrnes
williams

day
bianco
bergmanm
mead

====

(bigs)

jackson
mcasey
worrell
(Nyuon)

sounds like one of them will be at tigerland, maybe

Last edited:
We pick the best we can with our first pick, try trade the 3 picks around 40 for another pick in the 20s either this year or in the 2020 draft then load up with rookies, we seem to do best out of them lately. A redo of the 2018 draft would have Stack in the top 3 and Pickett whilst 27 would still be as good as most first rounders last year. 3 more years from Alex Rance will be worth more than 15 years from any of the new 2019 potential draftees. Could be another premiership or two in the next 3 years.

I love going here:

Not so much for the articles though they are fine but just to look at the top of the screen every day ^^

A lot of Phantom Drafts have us picking up Will Day with our first selection.

1573257701038.png

Gould so undervalued. Fits in the Higgins/Stack strategy of counterbalancing late picks by taking sliders.

I think Gould was regarded as pick 1 this time last year

before Rowell exploded (or exploded even more)

i would be content with fatty at richmond. Doesnt have the ideal body type but is a footballer by all accounts - like the guy above says if Vlastuin or Grimes goes down its a big problem. Gould seems a nice back up option, been said he is a bit like Hurn

Based on the response from Richmond FC, looks likely we will select 5 or 6 players in the ND, As it stands we have picks 19, 38,39, 41, 56 and 77

View attachment 776607

Thanks to Toadvine for pointing this out

by games played:

200/+: Riewoldt, Edwards, Cotchin, Martin, Houli, Rance

100/+: Caddy, Lynch, Prestia, Grimes, Vlastuin, Astbury,

50/+: Lambert, Mcintosh, Rioli, Castagna, Nankervis, Short, Broad,

1-49: Graham, Higgins, Bolton, Baker, Soldo, Markov, Stack, Balta, Chol, Garthwaite, Ross, DES, Naish, CCJ, Pickett

0: Turner, Miller, English, RCD, Aarts,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back