Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me?

My rankings are there no different to any other draft .
Hey Mutineer, I’m probably asking you to do something you’ve already posted but what does your gut feeling tell you regarding the combination on who is likely to be available at our pick and who Hamish is likely to pick (assuming we keep 4, 23, 28, 37, 45, 49).

i know you’ve put your rankings up but you also seem to have a bit of a sense for who we might end up with.

I found it particularly interesting that you had Chayce as 9th on your ranking last year and we ended up with him at the 9th pick.

in fact, I think you had the top 11 pretty much close to order last year, and certainly went 11 from 11 (perhaps a bit out of order).

I think there's a good chance Rowell is the best player in 4 years. He cops a heap of attention and still dominates. He's not a matt crouch accumulator. He's an accumulator who makes really good decisions almost every time. And he does this in every single game.

Knowing GC, in four year's time, he will be traded to a Melbourne club in exchange for a future third round pick.

Woodcock doesn’t have the same pace. He also wasn’t invited to the draft

All drafting is a risk, historically other types have been picked and there have been plenty of busts in there too.

The small forward has never been as valuable as it is at the moment
Think you're underrating Woodcock a bit, he tested pretty well at the SA combine and if it wasn't for a little bloke called Izak Rankine and another bloke called Conor Rozee who I think we can all agree are supremely gifted footballers Boyd any other year would have been the first small/medium forward selected for SA at the Championships instead he only got to play one game.

I think Curtis Taylor was invited to the draft last year, went in the 40s. Luke Valente was invited too.
I think we will be taking Brock Smith with a late pick medium defender happy with that and Dylan Stephens is a lock with our first pick being 4 or 6 depending how Tom green scenario pans out. Many have put hypothetical scenarios on trades but it will be as simple as 4 for 6 with first 2020 coming back that will be used for Luko bookmark it !

Think you're underrating Woodcock a bit, he tested pretty well at the SA combine and if it wasn't for a little bloke called Izak Rankine and another bloke called Conor Rozee who I think we can all agree are supremely gifted footballers Boyd any other year would have been the first small/medium forward selected for SA at the Championships instead he only got to play one game.
And yet when I was annoyed we passed and missed out on him I’m pretty sure you discounted not picking him

Excuse me?

My rankings are there no different to any other draft . I don't generally comment on other people's rankings as opinions can differ widely on individual players. I obviously rate Lachlan Ash slightly higher than others, and believe me it based off plenty of what I've seen up close and live from him the last 2 years....he's a gun!
The only outsiders that have any influence on my thoughts are the AFL Draft Central guys Pete Williams especially who watch more "live" NAB League football than I as they are domiciled more central to where a lot more of the games are played.....however I watch every NAB League game live stream either as it's being played or the freely available replays.

Again, watching more footy than someone else doesn't make you a better judge.
Some people don't need to watch a kid play 100s of times to know how good they'll be.

I think we will be taking Brock Smith with a late pick medium defender happy with that and Dylan Stephens is a lock with our first pick being 4 or 6 depending how Tom green scenario pans out. Many have put hypothetical scenarios on trades but it will be as simple as 4 for 6 with first 2020 coming back that will be used for Luko bookmark it !
And I really want picket looks the goods exactly what we need but need convert picks into a mid table first rounder gonna be a gun forward that can rotate in the middle with his dash and run like Charlie cameron

I think Pickett Is the most intriguing player in this draft, seems like clubs will play games to get him.

Obviously someone nominated him top 20, possibly to force another club to take him early?

Wouldn't have thought so.

If someone has invited him then they're serious about taking him. Other clubs see him as a 30+ worthy player.

Tyson Stengle and Shane McAdam were traded in prior to the draft were they not?
Doesn’t matter, it was a late pick and if he’s talented enough he would have been worth grabbing, besides those 2 are far from sure things.

Doesn’t matter, it was a late pick and if he’s talented enough he would have been worth grabbing, besides those 2 are far from sure things.
Nor is Woodcock.

Both our lads are better prospects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine that's your opinion, I just don't see the need to have the list stacked with small forwards, especially when we are in dire need of Key Position Players IMO. I'd be half inclined to take Fischer McAsey with our 1st pick who projects as the No.1 Tall prospect in this draft so bad do I think out depth has become with QUALITY talls.

Fine that's your opinion, I just don't see the need to have the list stacked with small forwards, especially when we are in dire need of Key Position Players IMO. I'd be half inclined to take Fischer McAsey with our 1st pick who projects as the No.1 Tall prospect in this draft so bad do I think out depth has become with QUALITY talls.
Look on one hand you’ve said I’ve underrated Woodcock, then on the other hand stated it’s no biggy we missed him. He’s either a quality player or he isn’t. We knew Betts was almost done, so having Stengle, McAdam and Woodcock on our list is hardly stacking the list with small forwards.

But anyway, let’s move on.

Look on one hand you’ve said I’ve underrated Woodcock, then on the other hand stated it’s no biggy we missed him. He’s either a quality player or he isn’t. We knew Betts was almost done, so having Stengle, McAdam and Woodcock on our list is hardly stacking the list with small forwards.

But anyway, let’s move on.
Abslutley no way take a tall with first pick when we get Luko next year done deal bad luck go will use first rounder we get from gws

Abslutley no way take a tall with first pick when we get Luko next year done deal bad luck go will use first rounder we get from gws
Think you’ve quoted the wrong post and you might want to slow down a little, most of that was hard to understand.

Last edited:
Think you’ve quotes the wrong post and you might want to slow down a little, most of that was hard to understand.
No not too hard someone said take mcstay with first pick as we r in dire need for talls and I stated we won’t take a tall with first pick and that we probably get Luko next year to compliment the fog! Not too hard to interpret I would have thought

No not too hard someone said take mcstay with first pick as we r in dire need for talls and I stated we won’t take a tall with first pick and that we probably get Luko next year to compliment the fog! Not too hard to interpret I would have thought
Then wouldn’t you quote that someone?

Excuse me?

My rankings are there no different to any other draft . I don't generally comment on other people's rankings as opinions can differ widely on individual players. I obviously rate Lachlan Ash slightly higher than others, and believe me it based off plenty of what I've seen up close and live from him the last 2 years....he's a gun!
The only outsiders that have any influence on my thoughts are the AFL Draft Central guys Pete Williams especially who watch more "live" NAB League football than I as they are domiciled more central to where a lot more of the games are played.....however I watch every NAB League game live stream either as it's being played or the freely available replays.
So that's a no .....so please post again just for me .... #1- #30 ....thanks in advance

BTW watching games of footy does not equal being an expert talent judge ....otherwise we'd have 50,000 Crows expert judges ;)

Hey Mutineer, I’m probably asking you to do something you’ve already posted but what does your gut feeling tell you regarding the combination on who is likely to be available at our pick and who Hamish is likely to pick (assuming we keep 4, 23, 28, 37, 45, 49).

i know you’ve put your rankings up but you also seem to have a bit of a sense for who we might end up with.

I found it particularly interesting that you had Chayce as 9th on your ranking last year and we ended up with him at the 9th pick.

in fact, I think you had the top 11 pretty much close to order last year, and certainly went 11 from 11 (perhaps a bit out of order).
That would be a real task this draft with it being so even after about the top 20 or so.

I think if Hamish is to pull a real surprise with our 1st pick it will be Fischer McAsey the more I look at the top 10 or so.

Again, watching more footy than someone else doesn't make you a better judge.
Some people don't need to watch a kid play 100s of times to know how good they'll be.
It a big help to be able to see how players perform on good days and bad day, Watching how they perform in alternate posisitions, in winning teams and Losing teams, against there peers and against bigger bodies.
Recruiting has improved greatly in the last 10 years due to watching the kids develop ie watching more games. To a good recruiter there is less hit and miss because they watch more games and get a better read on talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back