Memberships 2020 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 48,775)

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think that then fine. I don’t. Mine is also a donation as I don’t use it to get in.

Good for you, that's nice of you but it's not an obligation to being oa fan forum. I stopped my membership when I first got a mortgage and young kids, sometimes you drop off and get back on later. The club will pick up some and lose some.

Good for you, that's nice of you but it's not an obligation to being oa fan forum. I stopped my membership when I first got a mortgage and young kids, sometimes you drop off and get back on later. The club will pick up some and lose some.
Yep. That was due to money. Fair enough. That isn’t an issue.

Bit rough calling me a dickhead Gringo. Though we were mates...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't point the finger, it's just put out in the ether so that anyone who feels like they want to identify as a dickhead can choose to do so.

I still don't care, it's a choice. He doesn't feel like it, it's still up to him. If the club starts winning maybe he'll come back. As members we don't have much control and plenty to get frustrated about. If it's his small way of feeling like he's sending a message it's still his choice.

Who said you were in the wrong. I just said it’s not passionate whinging about the club making a mistake and telling everyone on here. That’s just whinging. People actually do make mistakes. Doesn’t mean we have to laugh at the club and threaten them with fraud.

right so you want to censor what happened and pretend it never occurred. ok then.

I still don't care, it's a choice. He doesn't feel like it, it's still up to him. If the club starts winning maybe he'll come back. As members we don't have much control and plenty to get frustrated about. If it's his small way of feeling like he's sending a message it's still his choice.
He said it had nothing to do with winning. Anyway I’m not joining this year either so I probably shouldn’t talk. We are trying to improve and that annoys me. I’m out until we fall back into negativity

Lol must be so relieved that you don’t have a issue with it

He said it had nothing to do with winning. Anyway I’m not joining this year either so I probably shouldn’t talk. We are trying to improve and that annoys me. I’m out until we fall back into negativity
How deliciously eccentric of you ol boy! lol

Some might call it something less favourable, and not doubt for a second that you may well actually believe that!
Or that you could start an argument with yourself in the toilet!

But not me man! I would never cast such doubts on your fine character! :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good stuff. Well done my man.

Still hope you don't win the Rugby World Cup.
Hold both the cricket and Rugby WC would be too much for us in Oz

We only won the cricket by default, so it would be good to win the rugby without controversy. We shall see.

Good stuff. Well done my man.

Still hope you don't win the Rugby World Cup.
Hold both the cricket and Rugby WC would be too much for us in Oz

Absolutely. Go Bokke 🇿🇦😊
( England surely favourites though.)

50k after that fixture is going to be tough.

You never know there Pakenhamsaint.

The membership is another of the "great unknowns" going into season 2020.

In some good news.....just saw the headline in the Hun that we've experienced a membership surge since the trade period and we want to carry that momentum into the 2020 season.

Ming's pic along side the headline fired me up immediately !!!!!!.

If anyone could copy/paste that article ....that would be absolutely awesome.

You never know there Pakenhamsaint.

The membership is another of the "great unknowns" going into season 2020.

In some good news.....just saw the headline in the Hun that we've experienced a membership surge since the trade period and we want to carry that momentum into the 2020 season.

Ming's pic along side the headline fired me up immediately !!!!!!.

If anyone could copy/paste that article ....that would be absolutely awesome.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... be7c1f0a21

"St Kilda has experienced a membership surge on the back of an exciting trade period, and the Saints hope to carry that momentum into 2020 as their promising youngsters prepare to hit the track for pre-season training.

St Kilda believes it has the playing personnel to surge up the ladder and match the early momentum of a 4000-strong membership boost from its fans.

A new-look St Kilda side’s 1-4 year players will start training at Moorabbin on Wednesday with Max King (ankle) and Nick Coffield (shoulder) ready to start a summer of toil.

The Saints have set a lofty membership target of over 50,000 members, which would be a 16 per cent boost, but say they must start making big jumps given Richmond this year hit 103,000 members.

Acting CEO Simon Lethlean told the Herald Sun fans had responded to the decision to appoint Brett Ratten and the strong trade period.

He said building the club’s revenue growth was critical to on-field success, but the football department knew it needed to fire for the fans to come on board.

St Kilda had only 43,038 members in 2019, a drop of 7 per cent from 2018, with Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood and Essendon more than 40,000 members ahead.

“We have set an ambitious target of 50,000-plus members. That is the ball park you need to be in as a club to flourish,” Lethlean said.

“We have good momentum, a new coach, we had a pretty successful trade period where the players we brought in all bring something to the table, and it feels like there is good sentiment and good mojo. But footy needs to do its bit and start winning more,” he said.

“Our first eight rounds are in Victoria and St Kilda is not a small club, it has a big supporter base and is back home in the middle of Bayside so we want everyone to sign up.”

Second-year tall King had ankle surgery mid-year but, like Dean Kent (knee), would have been ready for full training by Round 23.

Dan Hannebery will be delayed by a broken foot, Matt Parker has had a minor ankle clean-up and Jack Steele (dislocated kneecap) will start the pre-season several weeks behind his teammates.

Apart from those issues the Saints are in excellent shape, with captain Jarryn Geary (broken leg) ready to start the pre-season.

Lethlean said the club would spend the summer working out where their exciting new recruits slotted into Ratten’s plans for 2020.

“We should be able to play a few tricks with (Rowan) Marshall and Paddy Ryder, how they play ruck and play forward, Dan Butler gives us forward pressure and allows Gresh (Jade Gresham) to play more onball. And I guess we rotate (Zak) Jones, Jack Billings, (Jack) Sinclair, (Seb) Ross and Brad (Hill) through the wings and half forward.

“We have Dougal Howard and Jake Carlisle playing back and (Jarryn) Geary is back into the team so does (Hunter) Clark play back or midfield? It’s all good stuff to work through.

“There is definitely a bit of selection pressure which will be good and more depth so that should drive the boys.”

"St Kilda has experienced a membership surge on the back of an exciting trade period, and the Saints hope to carry that momentum into 2020 as their promising youngsters prepare to hit the track for pre-season training.

St Kilda believes it has the playing personnel to surge up the ladder and match the early momentum of a 4000-strong membership boost from its fans.

A new-look St Kilda side’s 1-4 year players will start training at Moorabbin on Wednesday with Max King (ankle) and Nick Coffield (shoulder) ready to start a summer of toil.

The Saints have set a lofty membership target of over 50,000 members, which would be a 16 per cent boost, but say they must start making big jumps given Richmond this year hit 103,000 members.

Acting CEO Simon Lethlean told the Herald Sun fans had responded to the decision to appoint Brett Ratten and the strong trade period.

He said building the club’s revenue growth was critical to on-field success, but the football department knew it needed to fire for the fans to come on board.

St Kilda had only 43,038 members in 2019, a drop of 7 per cent from 2018, with Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood and Essendon more than 40,000 members ahead.

“We have set an ambitious target of 50,000-plus members. That is the ball park you need to be in as a club to flourish,” Lethlean said.

“We have good momentum, a new coach, we had a pretty successful trade period where the players we brought in all bring something to the table, and it feels like there is good sentiment and good mojo. But footy needs to do its bit and start winning more,” he said.

“Our first eight rounds are in Victoria and St Kilda is not a small club, it has a big supporter base and is back home in the middle of Bayside so we want everyone to sign up.”

Second-year tall King had ankle surgery mid-year but, like Dean Kent (knee), would have been ready for full training by Round 23.

Dan Hannebery will be delayed by a broken foot, Matt Parker has had a minor ankle clean-up and Jack Steele (dislocated kneecap) will start the pre-season several weeks behind his teammates.

Apart from those issues the Saints are in excellent shape, with captain Jarryn Geary (broken leg) ready to start the pre-season.

Lethlean said the club would spend the summer working out where their exciting new recruits slotted into Ratten’s plans for 2020.

“We should be able to play a few tricks with (Rowan) Marshall and Paddy Ryder, how they play ruck and play forward, Dan Butler gives us forward pressure and allows Gresh (Jade Gresham) to play more onball. And I guess we rotate (Zak) Jones, Jack Billings, (Jack) Sinclair, (Seb) Ross and Brad (Hill) through the wings and half forward.

“We have Dougal Howard and Jake Carlisle playing back and (Jarryn) Geary is back into the team so does (Hunter) Clark play back or midfield? It’s all good stuff to work through.

“There is definitely a bit of selection pressure which will be good and more depth so that should drive the boys.”

great news!

Does this mean we are 4000 ahead of the same time last year?

Great stuff there sammm…....thx for posting the article.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back