Prediction Port Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Well this worked out nicely

Port pick Kemp! Could play anywhere and be anything.

n4nirvana your up

Bio: Brodie Kemp is a tall utility who became the hero for Vic Country in the National Under 18 Championships when he kicked the winning goal against South Australia at GMHBA Stadium. He has terrifc athletic traits, is strong overhead and really bolstered his draft stocks before he ultimately suffered a season-ending knee injury playing school football.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

n4nirvana please make your selection. If there is no response before midday today I will make the Bulldogs' pick.

As amazing as it has has fallen here, there’s no way at all we get Kemp unfortunately.

As amazing as it has has fallen here, there’s no way at all we get Kemp unfortunately.

We really just have to pray that Jackson goes top 10 (either Melbourne's 8 or Sydney), and that there is one Weightman-esque bolter. If that happens then we are mathematically guaranteed (Green, Rowell, Henry & Anderson are assumed 100%ers) to have access to one of:

Flanders, Young, Stephens, Ash, Kemp, Serong.

It's not that crazy.

We really just have to pray that Jackson goes top 10 (either Melbourne's 8 or Sydney), and that there is one Weightman-esque bolter. If that happens then we are mathematically guaranteed (Green, Rowell, Henry & Anderson are assumed 100%ers) to have access to one of:

Flanders, Young, Stephens, Ash, Kemp, Serong.

It's not that crazy.

So what you're saying is, we had pick 10, there are 10 standout players in the draft, and our list managers traded down from pick 10 to pick 12 for no raisin while also getting rid of our best young KPP who was contracted for the next 3 years? So now we're relying on two clubs ahead of us doing something silly to get a standout player, rather than having guaranteed access to a standout player, due to a mess entirely of our own making?

So what you're saying is, we had pick 10, there are 10 standout players in the draft, and our list managers traded down from pick 10 to pick 12 for no raisin while also getting rid of our best young KPP who was contracted for the next 3 years? So now we're relying on two clubs ahead of us doing something silly to get a standout player, rather than having guaranteed access to a standout player, due to a mess entirely of our own making?
To be fair there’s usually at least one or two silly picks in the first round in a given year

I agree with this 100%, and its made even worse by the fact that now we are trying hard to draft someone that we hope might possibly become as good as the guy we let go off for no reason.

But it is what it is and we are where we are, and I wouldn't call Jackson going in the first 10, or a pick on the level of Carlton picking Weightman 'silly', they are both well within reasonable realms of possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a tough one. The draft could turn any which way from here where it feels like we've just stepped out of the top end of the zone. I associate the Bulldogs with doing something funky around this stage.

The might want the best credentialed tall in McAsey or they might go for the versatility of Worrell. They have been linked a bit with Weightman who is gone and Bergman who seems to be climbing the rankings. There seems to be some love for Deven Robertson on their board too. They've even been linked with Rivers although i suspect that is a mechanism to make Port jump at a shadow to release a player they want.

When in doubt I figure go for the best tall, you can always find a home for one. With Naughton, Bruce and Schache (although not entirely convinced) forward, McAsey becomes a handy tall defensive option for them.

So with no great conviction I've decided the Western Bulldogs pick Fischer McAsey.

Popielnicki you're up.

I have just noted Popielnicki has withdrawn his offer of selecting for Geelong.

Does anyone want to pick for the Cats?

I think that the next 10 picks will go fast ...

with 3 Cats pick a couple of Sun picks and a couple of Brisbane picks

With Pick 14 in the 2019 AFL Draft, Geelong Cats select...Josh Worrell, 195cm utility from Sandingham Dragons.

Reasoning: Worrell was the leading goal kicker for Vic Metro - he kicked 4 goals from 18 disposals and 6 marks when pushed forward against Western Australia, and then kicked 3 against South Australia two weeks later. Is he a key forward in the traditional sense? Not even close. But the beauty of Worrell is he's pretty much another version of Justin Westhoff - he's a magnet you can put on the board at whatever key position you want him to play and his athleticism can be used to great effect. Good disposal and great decision making mean he could develop into what AFL teams seem to want their key position players to be these days - that rangy Hipwood/Marshall/Lukosius type that can push up and down the ground all day.

Needs to work on his endurance and consistency, but he's got a great development squad in Geelong's VFL team to do that in. And we all know that Geelong's strength and development program is second to none, so he won't be 83 kg for very long.

At best he develops into a decent key position forward/back. At worst he develops into an intercept third tall that can float forward and kick goals. Either way, he'll be a good addition to a Geelong squad that has the ability to start rebuilding in this draft while still pushing for a flag.

last year the Suns picked Ben King a 202cm 87kg AA - U18 Forward (who can also play back and ruck ) and during the trade period the Saints made comments about trying to get him back if possible to play with his brother …

So with this pick the Suns will pick someone very close Ben Kings stats some one who is 201cm / 86kg an AA U18 Defender who can also play Ruck & Forward and this player is:-

Sam De Koning

Brisbane (Jonts) is up

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back