List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

The current North situation is perfect for Eddie.

While I have no doubt he also doesn't want another merger or relocation in the league, as Liam Boy said so well, having a Melbourne club be hamstrung by being tied part time to Tasmania works in his club's favour big time. It means we impinge on potential Victorian zones less, means we travel more, means we always have our status as 'needing' the arrangement hanging over our head, and makes us a less attractive Melbourne club to players that want to come home.
I wouldn't doubt there is also some modicum of respect for us refusing to die and constantly butting heads with the AFL ideologically. I suspect Ed would strongly dislike a lot of how the AFL is governed, and if it weren't for the fact that Collingwood, and specifically himself, had so much influence over our corporate overlords to swing things in Collingwood's favour, then I'm sure he'd be publicly ragging on those political toadies more often for their bullshit.

The current North situation is perfect for Eddie.

While I have no doubt he also doesn't want another merger or relocation in the league, as Liam Boy said so well, having a Melbourne club be hamstrung by being tied part time to Tasmania works in his club's favour big time. It means we impinge on potential Victorian zones less, means we travel more, means we always have our status as 'needing' the arrangement hanging over our head, and makes us a less attractive Melbourne club to players that want to come home.
I wouldn't doubt there is also some modicum of respect for us refusing to die and constantly butting heads with the AFL ideologically. I suspect Ed would strongly dislike a lot of how the AFL is governed, and if it weren't for the fact that Collingwood, and specifically himself, had so much influence over our corporate overlords to swing things in Collingwood's favour, then I'm sure he'd be publicly ragging on those political toadies more often for their bullshit.
As much as people like to hang s*** on the guy (myself included) He’s actually a pretty good president. Imagine if North had someone like Eddie all these years, a bloke with the media and corporate influence, promoting our club wherever he goes. I doubt someone like Eddie would tolerate selling more games to Tassie, or the bullsh*t we cop from the media each year.

Last edited:

Clearly the social media teams are on holidays across the league.

s**t photoshops and this sort of content
If our club had black and white stripes not blue and white stripes it would have been interviews on all news networks and photos but maybe we will have to wait to he starts then.
Just hope he kinds of listens to a supporters a bit as as all other stockholders in the club and not just the board to figure out how are club is going to survive.
I hope his number 1 agenda once he starts is to find a extra $5 Million dollars to put into our club each season for the next decade so we have enough $$$ banked once the AFL puts a full time team in Tasmania as once that Tasmania team starts we will need every $$$ to survive.
The reason is for the extra $$$ is that are all excuses fair weathered supporters who don’t attend games will need to get off their ARS:S and starting attending all Victorian games which they won’t we need to attract 35k to 45k to all Melbourne home games and then hope for 15k to 25k attend games as the away team at Marvel and the MCG and as a supporter I’m sick of seeing opposition clubs out number us when we the home team and sitting in our membership areas.
Trust me the new CEO of our club would be looking at this try to get the supporters to attend.
As if we don’t attend games will go back to the days before Wounder Women took over where we almost went bust.

Secure the Arden precinct land grab.

Wasn't this the selling point of the current administration a couple of years ago? They have failed up to this point.

Meanwhile Peter Gordon has recession proofed the Bulldogs and turned them in to arguably the most asset rich club in Victoria.

The Bulldogs, of all clubs, have made our administration look second rate.

Wasn't this the selling point of the current administration a couple of years ago? They have failed up to this point.

Meanwhile Peter Gordon has recession proofed the Bulldogs and turned them in to arguably the most asset rich club in Victoria.

The Bulldogs, of all clubs, have made our administration look second rate.
All that glitters is not necessarily gold in this respect. Much of the land gifted to them by the state is arguably worthless or could even cost the dogs in the long run. There's quite a bit of remediation work required to de-contaminate parts of it before it has any viable use. Also, other parts are covered by acquisition overlays so the government can waltz in at some time in the future and take it back at a price that's probably less than the NPV of the cost of maintaining it, which is the dogs' responsibility.

Of course, those taking credit for this "fantastic coup" for the dogs, El Gordo and Pallas, will be long gone before these particular chickens come home to roost.

Hopefully the first thing he does is squeeze a decent stadium deal out of the AFL for home games at Marvel.

This is one thing that always amazes me.

The AFL forces certain teams to play at a stadium, and then financially fist *’s them for the pleasure.

Then you have Geelong.....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as people like to hang s*** on the guy (myself included) He’s actually a pretty good president. Imagine if North had someone like Eddie all these years, a bloke with the media and corporate influence, promoting our club wherever he goes. I doubt someone like Eddie would tolerate selling more games to Tassie, or the bullsh*t we cop from the media each year.
Well JB was supposed to be our Eddie, and sure he was instrumental in keeping us in Melbourne (although he did that BEFORE he became President), but I don't think he had quite the impact as President that at least myself (and I know others) had hoped for.

Hopefully the first thing he does is squeeze a decent stadium deal out of the AFL for home games at Marvel.
If he was really ballsy, I'd prefer he got us a decent stadium deal at the MCG. If we're really serious about re-connecting with our past, embracing the Boner spirit again, and all that made us successful, then let's get back to where we SHOULD be playing.

People who survive the corporate world without pissing people off and getting s**t done are invariably spineless yes-men (or yes-women). Ben Amarfio isn't that, and his lack of football experience is probably why he wasnt considered for list manager or football director or head coach.

My only question is... BFNAAK?

As long as he BFNAACEO......

All that glitters is not necessarily gold in this respect. Much of the land gifted to them by the state is arguably worthless or could even cost the dogs in the long run. There's quite a bit of remediation work required to de-contaminate parts of it before it has any viable use. Also, other parts are covered by acquisition overlays so the government can waltz in at some time in the future and take it back at a price that's probably less than the NPV of the cost of maintaining it, which is the dogs' responsibility.

Of course, those taking credit for this "fantastic coup" for the dogs, El Gordo and Pallas, will be long gone before these particular chickens come home to roost.

A little bit like the multi-million dollar asset that Hawthorn was given at Waverly. Except the heritage listing meant that the evaluation on the land based on residential development of the old car park was a bullshit paper figure that could never be realised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back