List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if anyone saw it but Matt Balmer did a live draft chat on the fox footy website yesterday.
Only things of interest that really jumped out to me were-

He thinks Gould will slip into the 20's
He thinks Bergman will be top 15
He seems to think we might pick Bergman over McAsey - letting him slip to Geelong

Chats here if anyone is interested.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...g/news-story/5294290e0f34919b0f46ab1809fca840

With our rebounding ability and the numbers we generate going into the forward 50, it makes so much sense that we are pitting all our focus into recruiting players who can finish off all the hard work and really give bang for buck.

Bringing in josh Bruce and Miles Bergman will really transform us with their overhead marking

Bergman also from reports creates separation with his speed, so I see him working really well in that high half forward role. Him and Schache will be an interesting match up for the opposition in that space.

Bulldogs mock draft done
Deven Robertson (inside mid)
Ned Cahill (small forward)
Ben Kelly (key back /ruck)

Not sure if anyone saw it but Matt Balmer did a live draft chat on the fox footy website yesterday.
Only things of interest that really jumped out to me were-

He thinks Gould will slip into the 20's
He thinks Bergman will be top 15
He seems to think we might pick Bergman over McAsey - letting him slip to Geelong

Chats here if anyone is interested.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...g/news-story/5294290e0f34919b0f46ab1809fca840

Looks like McAsey will make it through to pick 13 considering in the chat he mentioned that the Hawks won’t take him. I also Don’t think the power will take him - why would they let go of Howard and recruit a guy that’s very similar? I think they are trying to change their list profile with different type of players.

So with what I said earlier, our off season haul of Bruce, Keath and McAsey/Bergman all have one thing in common....

Looks like McAsey will make it through to pick 13 considering in the chat he mentioned that the Hawks won’t take him. I also Don’t think the power will take him - why would they let go of Howard and recruit a guy that’s very similar? I think they are trying to change their list profile with different type of players.

So with what I said earlier, our off season haul of Bruce, Keath and McAsey/Bergman all have one thing in common....
Hawthorn are rumored to be adding Hartley along with already bringing in Frost. Might be looking for something different to McAsey in the draft.

Aerial ability..

Have said it a few times over the years. One way teams seem to get to us, is by controlling the ball/pace of the game. And you do that by being able to mark well across the ground and keeping it off of us. A few of our guys seem to be easily pushed aside in one on one marking contests or fail to win it in the air. Plus its a downside as well when attacking because the ball spills to the ground or we are forced to be live most of the time and thus higher odds of turnovers occurring.

Hawthorn are rumored to be adding Hartley along with already bringing in Frost. Might be looking for something different to McAsey in the draft.
Maybe. But neither of those two are A graders, and McAsey would have an extra 8 years of service in him. So I can see it happening. Also even by adding those two, the Hawks KPP depth is pretty weak.

Maybe. But neither of those two are A graders, and McAsey would have an extra 8 years of service in him. So I can see it happening. Also even by adding those two, the Hawks KPP depth is pretty weak.

Hawks think they are closer to finals and flags than we are. They get Mitchell back and will draft a ready to go player this year in the first round and bring in some mature talent with late picks. Expect them to be top 8 next year & be going really hard for FA as a result.

No way do they bring in a KPP in the first round who will take a few years to come good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have said it a few times over the years. One way teams seem to get to us, is by controlling the ball/pace of the game. And you do that by being able to mark well across the ground and keeping it off of us. A few of our guys seem to be easily pushed aside in one on one marking contests or fail to win it in the air. Plus its a downside as well when attacking because the ball spills to the ground or we are forced to be live most of the time and thus higher odds of turnovers occurring.

The great win over Geelong at marvel this year. I watched the replay not long ago, in the last quarter the commentator said Naughton has taken 4 of the 6 marks inside 50 for the dogs.

Ok so let’s look at the match ups for next year. I have taken Geelongs defensive line up they went with in the prelim again the tigers (except for Clark)

Lloyd Bruce Dale
O’Connor Stewert Kolodjashnij

Smith Naughton Bergman
Clark Blicarvs Taylor

We now actually have the arial ability to match it with their defense!

Bergman reminds me a lot of bailey dale from the very small amount of highlights I’ve watched .
That’s kind of what I thought. Do we need another? A forward line of Naughton, Bruce, Schache, Dale, Bergman plus JUH in the future is very tall/med in height. Lloyd is pretty medium as well. He sounds exciting yet I’m struggling with seeing the balance.

That’s kind of what I thought. Do we need another? A forward line of Naughton, Bruce, Schache, Dale, Bergman plus JUH in the future is very tall/med in height. Lloyd is pretty medium as well. He sounds exciting yet I’m struggling with seeing the balance.
I agree mate. But I honestly couldn’t care who we draft this year I’m just stoked we kept pick 13 and got Keith and brucey, so who ever we pick at 13 Is a massive bonus . So i would be more then happy to take Bergman , McAsey or weightman etc

Bergman and Schache WILL spend a lot of time outside of the forward 50. They are your classic high half forwards.

IS there a vid of bergman?

Unless he has the prospect of being really damaging, including under pressure, Id prefer the solid KPP.

Dont let the very rare situation of bagging two good KPPs via trade lull us into thinking we have KPP positions covered.

Last edited:
IS there a vid of bergman?

Unless he has the prospect of being really damaging, including under pressure, Id prefer the solid KPP.

Dont let the very rare situation of bagging two good KPPs via trade lull us into thinking we have KPP positions covered.
Id prefer a player who could slot onto a wing ( if mcasey is gone)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back