The 2019 Jub Jub Memorial Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah he's not better than Brock, Johnson, Moffat, Richards, Skaife or even Lowndes.

Even Ambrose has a better record.
7 championships alone has to have him in the convo surely

Nah he's not better than Brock, Johnson, Moffat, Richards, Skaife or even Lowndes.

Even Ambrose has a better record.
Are we talking about the same bloke? Most supercar wins ever and seven championships?? Moffat is great at taking out his teammates granted but would he be in the conversation?

Are we talking about the same bloke? Most supercar wins ever and seven championships?? Moffat is great at taking out his teammates granted but would he be in the conversation?
Granted i was born in 76 and only started really following it in 85 but Moffatt in the 70's was legit.
Added a level of professionalism that the category had previously lacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 championships alone has to have him in the convo surely

Exactly. Going by stats he’s the GOAT. Not sure how any can deny he’s not at least right near the top.

If we’re ignoring our love of nostalgia and “Roland Dane paying off the officials” then he’s number 1.

Last edited:
Granted i was born in 76 and only started really following it in 85 but Moffatt in the 70's was legit.
I think because I didn't start watching motor sport till a decade ago I'm slightly biased. But whincup just won everything back then. He potentially could get ten supercars championships which would be insane. And he now wears all his hats backwards style which suggests to me he is a gangsta away from the track. All of this endears him to me

He is also a large reason Brock was who he was. They drove each other.

Exactly. Going by stats he’s the GOAT. Not sure how any can deny he’s not at least right near the top.

If we’re ignoring our love of nostalgia and “Roland Dane paying off the officials” then he’s number 1.
He's near the top sure, but if you're going by stats that's your biggest error.

Going by stats Lewis Hamilton is the 2nd best F1 driver ever, and we all know that's not the case.

Reason I put him behind these guys is the amount of dumb errors he makes. Those aforementioned blokes rarely did.

I think because I didn't start watching motor sport till a decade ago I'm slightly biased. But whincup just won everything back then. He potentially could get ten supercars championships which would be insane. And he now wears all his hats backwards style which suggests to me he is a gangsta away from the track. All of this endears him to me
I reckon he will be lucky to win 1 more. There's a lot of younger talent around that are coming fast, much less his own teammate.

In current form he could have Dale Wood as a teammate and he'd win a title.
Hehehehe, that's up there with your best quips.

Rerding Premeat, I think ol' mate Barlos is a bit harsh on him. With the s**t co-driving rules being brought in (9 years ago?), I think it's a bit harsh to rip into Premat for any lesser errors.

In fact, with these co-driver rules, you'd have to hire a driver kind of accepting that they're going to make an error to two under the circumstances.

Whincup, Brock, Skaife, Lowndes, Johnson, Richards are no doubt at the top. Putting them in order is the tough bit. IMO Moffat is in the next tier.
Moff brained everyone at first, now he was a much more professional and intense guy but his skill level every bit as good.

I reckon his time in the Mazda was some of his best driving.

Ambrose is top tier too, despite him being a rather unlikable kinda guy even as a Ford fan. His record in the short time his was in the series was remarkable.

I'm 102yo, and have seen everything.

Peter Whitehead is the real King of the Mountain imo.

Stan Jones would be the best Australian driver of all time, if he concentrated on driving, instead of the booze and bashing people.

I'm 102yo, and have seen everything.

Peter Whitehead is the real King of the Mountain imo.

Stan Jones would be the best Australian driver of all time, if he concentrated on driving, instead of the booze and bashing people.
I heard AJ talk about his dad in an interview, he didn't hide much.... said Stan had some issues that AJ feared he would inherit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back