Opinion Is Josh Jenkins in our best 22?

Is Josh Jenkins in our best 22?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

On the afl podcast wellsy was on yesterday he said Jenkins was basically a depth player at this point.

Truly disappointed that I can only 'like' this post once.

This is exactly the position that Jenkins should be starting from with us. It's up to him to prove he's indispensable to the team and to thereby justify keeping an emerging talent like Kreuger out of the line-up.

I find it weird how some find it annoying that JJ gets behind the defence at times and runs the ball in for the occasional JTG goal.
If he was a small forward some would be applauding how clever his forward craft was, how much better coming from a big man.

Wellsy is now our coach and selection committee all in one.
Makes for a change from apparently all decision making being on the shoulders of Scott

Or as was suggested this last trade period, Danger

Hawkins has been doing it by himself basically since Mooney. As did Mooney until Hawkins was ready. (Jpod for a bit, Ottens resting)
The forwards will be better just for Jenkins being in the team.
Hi all, first time posting, be kind.
I think Jenkins will be a valuable acquisition if he can regain his form of 2016. Booted 62 goals and averaged 43 goals per season from 2012-2017.

Go Cats!

RC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Kelly
On producing effort when not at "home".......

Tim's effort was outstanding. Credit to him and to GFC for allowing/producing a culture that allowed that to happen.
Both parties of course had vested interests but to get to such a high standard especially after a trade was not possible end year one , I reckon will be unique.

This, and Dahlhaus settling after leaving the dogs , and seeing our two recent Irish blokes settle so well makes me bullish over Jenkins too.
Although there is a bit more to the Steven story there is a good chance he also finds the next few years an enjoyable challenge.

Fingers crossed.

At their best (no reason they won't be at their best physically) they will be crucial additions to the squad.

Jenkins is possibly the most important inclusion for next year, Hawkins has lacked support for many years.
Agreed.
What we saw in the WCE final was superb, with Sav and Hawk firing. That may progress further next year, but having a solid backup like JJ can not hurt us.

Jenkins is possibly the most important inclusion for next year, Hawkins has lacked support for many years.
As much as I love what Esava does, he just doesn't score enough goals and that was what killed us in the PF. Watching an old match from 2012, you had Hawkins who could kick a few, Pods who could kick a few, and Johnson. All capable of kicking 4+ goals.

This year it was Hawkins, Rohan who wasn't right for the second half of the season, and that was it. Once Hawkins went out for the PF, we were toast.

How it should be with a senior coach I would have thought.

When a list manager goes up to the premiership dais I might believe they have more sway than the coach. Haven't seen it yet.
Are suggesting they ( list mangement ) has no say or that the final say is with the head coach.
I know you love your all or nothing stuff as the baseline for your arguments But this stuff just ain’t get that cut and dry.

Go Catters

Are suggesting they ( list mangement ) has no say or that the final say is with the head coach.
I know you love your all or nothing stuff as the baseline for your arguments But this stuff just ain’t get that cut and dry.

Go Catters

I don't think the list manager has no say, but I believe - or hope - that the senior coach has the final say. They've got the most to lose as they're the ones who have to pick 22 players from that list every week and get them winning games.

I don't think the list manager has no say, but I believe - or hope - that the senior coach has the final say. They've got the most to lose as they're the ones who have to pick 22 players from that list every week and get them winning games.

Nup for me the list managers spend way more time watching u18 players and assessing future trends than the coaches i want them deciding the makeup of the list, the gameplan is for the coaches..there is some crossover there as some game plans need certain player types more than others..but i dont want coaches vetoing calls on list management.

Nup for me the list managers spend way more time watching u18 players and assessing future trends than the coaches i want them deciding the makeup of the list, the gameplan is for the coaches..there is some crossover there as some game plans need certain player types more than others..but i dont want coaches vetoing calls on list management.
That is exactly as it goes I am led to believe.

Back