Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Fear mongering iconography

The book of Revelation GG....Chapter 30 Verse 18....Do you have a distinguishing mark on your right hand or forehead GG?
1573296843340.png

this is an utter perversion of truth that you have been brainwashed/indoctrinated with. there is no evidence to suggest that is the goal of sentient life - to eradicate evil, which is impossible, nor can one eradicate good for that matter.

Please. In the last thread you were claiming to know God, and yet you believe God is incapable of creating a world without evil, even though he has promised that he will do so as the fulfillment of his plan for all creation?

You claim that this is a perversion of truth, even though it comes from a written source, unlike your own imaginings?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Please. In the last thread you were claiming to know God, and yet you believe God is incapable of creating a world without evil, even though he has promised that he will do so as the fulfillment of his plan for all creation?

You claim that this is a perversion of truth, even though it comes from a written source, unlike your own imaginings?
People ask...but how come there is pain and suffering and unfairness in the world if God is all love and light and omnipotent. The answers to that are all nonsensical. The only way the world, Life itself, and the universe makes any logical sense, and holds up to inspection is, by understanding the self-evident truths. Good and Evil arent warring. They are left and right hands working in accord. Just like you can't clap with one hand, you can't create Life without Death, pleasure without pain, dreams without reality, advancement without obstacles, etc etc. There is no war. And thus everything makes sense and there doesn't need convoluted BS discourse to try to explain away the massively confusing "but if God is omnipotent and loves us why does he make us suffer" etc type theological air-bags.

People ask...but how come there is pain and suffering and unfairness in the world if God is all love and light and omnipotent. The answers to that are all nonsensical. The only way the world, Life itself, and the universe makes any logical sense, and holds up to inspection is, by understanding the self-evident truths. Good and Evil arent warring. They are left and right hands working in accord. Just like you can't clap with one hand, you can't create Life without Death, pleasure without pain, dreams without reality, advancement without obstacles, etc etc. There is no war. And thus everything makes sense and there doesn't need convoluted BS discourse to try to explain away the massively confusing "but if God is omnipotent and loves us why does he make us suffer" etc type theological air-bags.

What a hopeless answer to give to people. Why should we care at all that evil takes place it it's just a part of life? We instinctively know that even death itself is wrong. We hate it, we hate pain, we hate anything that causes us grief, and your answer is that these things are actually right? That black is actually white?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
What a hopeless answer to give to people. Why should we care at all that evil takes place it it's just a part of life? We instinctively know that even death itself is wrong. We hate it, we hate pain, we hate anything that causes us grief, and your answer is that these things are actually right? That black is actually white?
Black is black. White is white. But there is no white if there is no black and vice versa. There is no war. It's patently obvious how the mechanism of life is set up, how it works. There's no mystery to it. The mystery is humans embellishing it with stories. I am a logical person robot. Logic dictates that the things you are buying are not plausible....."death is wrong", for eg. Where in the entire universe is it implied that death is wrong? Only in the minds of religious humans. But everywhere else it is essential.

Black is black. White is white. But there is no white if there is no black and vice versa. There is no war. It's patently obvious how the mechanism of life is set up, how it works. There's no mystery to it. The mystery is humans embellishing it with stories. I am a logical person robot. Logic dictates that the things you are buying are not plausible....."death is wrong", for eg. Where in the entire universe is it implied that death is wrong? Only in the minds of religious humans. But everywhere else it is essential.

What is it essential to? Why do we fight it instinctively if it is natural? Why do we seek to avoid suffering if it is natural?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its instinctive. bad and good is merely iron sharpening iron.

That doesn't explain enough. At best, it leaves us with a world full of misery that we are unable to stop, with no hope of changing it. Our feelings on evil things are not going to change, regardless of whether we "invite Satan into our lives" (as disgusting as that would be). Evil remains evil, unwanted and to be banished. A world created with unstoppable evil would be a pointless place to live in - for what purpose would we be sharpened? You say that the "god above God" - the demiurge - is like a universal Mother Nature, which implies a purposeless. If we are being sharpened for its own sake, then it is not worthwhile.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
That doesn't explain enough. At best, it leaves us with a world full of misery that we are unable to stop, with no hope of changing it. Our feelings on evil things are not going to change, regardless of whether we "invite Satan into our lives" (as disgusting as that would be). Evil remains evil, unwanted and to be banished. A world created with unstoppable evil would be a pointless place to live in - for what purpose would we be sharpened? You say that the "god above God" - the demiurge - is like a universal Mother Nature, which implies a purposeless. If we are being sharpened for its own sake, then it is not worthwhile.
bad cannot be banished. its here from day dot and will only cease to exist when good ceases to exist. thats the truth bro, no way around it. thats how it all works.....universally/outwardly and spiritually/internally/mentally.

you can build mirages all you like, but it aint changing. the universe does not operate how man, but more, how theologians think or feel it works or ought to work.

and welcome to reality.....the world IS full of misery (and beauty) that we cannot stop.

life isnt pointless as such. adversity shapes us, refines us, improves us. and so does how we handle things when all is good too. eg, people who let success and power go to their heads, squander fortunes, squander talent, etc.

there is a clear point, not pointlessness, and it ALL couldnt be possible without evil, bad. We should seek it out even more so as to be more sharpened.

Satan is a monster caricature. False concept. Lucifer is the bringer of light caricature, the bringer of wisdom, knowledge, awareness, truth.

i for one bow to the Lucifer caricature and embrace it as wholly as i do the Jesus caricature. I an balanced in the force.

bad cannot be banished. its here from day dot and will only cease to exist when good ceases to exist. thats the truth bro, no way around it. thats how it all works.....universally/outwardly and spiritually/internally/mentally.

you can build mirages all you like, but it aint changing. the universe does not operate how man, but more, how theologians think or feel it works or ought to work.

and welcome to reality.....the world IS full of misery (and beauty) that we cannot stop.

life isnt pointless as such. adversity shapes us, refines us, improves us. and so does how we handle things when all is good too. eg, people who let success and power go to their heads, squander fortunes, squander talent, etc.

there is a clear point, not pointlessness, and it ALL couldnt be possible without evil, bad. We should seek it out even more so as to be more sharpened.

Satan is a monster caricature. False concept. Lucifer is the bringer of light caricature, the bringer of wisdom, knowledge, awareness, truth.

i for one bow to the Lucifer caricature and embrace it as wholly as i do the Jesus caricature. I an balanced in the force.

If you cannot give sources to back this up, this is nothing but philosophising. Where is your evidence for the demiurge? Where is your evidence that evil has existed since the beginning? Where is your greater purpose - there is no point to a life spent 'sharpening' if there is nothing afterwards - to all there is in life, and what is the evidence for it?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you cannot give sources to back this up, this is nothing but philosophising. Where is your evidence for the demiurge? Where is your evidence that evil has existed since the beginning? Where is your greater purpose - there is no point to a life spent 'sharpening' if there is nothing afterwards - to all there is in life, and what is the evidence for it?
evidence? ha! yet you do not have evidence for Jesus/God. anyway, the evidence is all around you. its as self evident as intelligent design.

life and death
pain and pleasure
growth and decay
illness and health
darkness and light
food chains etc etc

evidence? ha! yet you do not have evidence for Jesus/God. anyway, the evidence is all around you. its as self evident as intelligent design.

life and death
pain and pleasure
growth and decay
illness and health
darkness and light
food chains etc etc

The Bible is far greater evidence than anything you have for your nonsense. It is the single most well-attested to collection of historical documents in ancient history. 'The evidence' cannot speak for itself - it has to be interpreted. You think, like all gnostics, that you know the hidden secrets of the universe, and yet even this is not fully revealed to you. Whereas we say that God, the one and only true God, has revealed himself to us all, has shown us what the truth of the purpose of creation, the purpose of this world and the world to come, the purpose to everything that he is doing, and we have ready access to it.

Tell me, what is the reason that you do not want to listen to what God says about himself and the world he has created?

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Clearly the Devil gets a bad wrap in the Western consciousness, via the Christian archetypal portrayal of him.....As Nietzsche noted, it was indeed Christendom that painted the devil upon the walls of the Western psyche.

I much prefer the Ancient Greek conception of Hades myself.....Most of the Greek Gods had a good & bad side.....It was Christendom that split those Gods into 2, representing them as either Angels or Demons (From the Greek Daemon- meaning God)….That was intended to demonise the Pagan religions as barbaric & archaic.....A nice piece of propaganda to be sure.....Trouble is, it split the Western psyche in 2 also...So Yes, I get where GG is coming from.

Our psyche's are a compendium of opposites....It's the ability to hold those opposites & contradictions in a single integral mind to a greater extent & degree, that represents actual growth.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Clearly the Devil gets a bad wrap in the Western consciousness, via the Christian archetypal portrayal of him.....As Nietzsche noted, it was indeed Christendom that painted the devil upon the walls of the Western psyche.

I much prefer the Ancient Greek conception of Hades myself.....Most of the Greek Gods had a good & bad side.....It was Christendom that split those Gods into 2, representing them as either Angels or Demons (From the Greek Daemon- meaning God)….That was intended to demonise the Pagan religions as barbaric & archaic.....A nice piece of propaganda to be sure.....Trouble is, it split the Western psyche in 2 also...So Yes, I get where GG is coming from.

Our psyche's are a compendium of opposites....It's the ability to hold those opposites & contradictions in a single integral mind to a greater extent & degree, that represents actual growth.
thank-you! perhaps you can explain to The Speaker as you have far greater intelligence, and understanding of complex philosophical abd theological jargon/history than i, someone more able to cite material etc that would be on par with Speakers.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
thank-you! perhaps you can explain to The Speaker as you have far greater intelligence, and understanding of complex philosophical abd theological jargon/history than i, someone more able to cite material etc that would be on par with Speakers.

To put it rather simply....Monotheism can't deal with grey's.....And human existence has many shades of grey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back