Training 2020 Preseason

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Haha.. hilarious.. Pro Reid fans v Anti Reid

love him or hate him.. Hes in the forward line round 1 2020 and will still be there r22
Depending on soft tissues injuries of course

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Injury history suggests otherwise.
Reid debuted in round 22 in 2010. So, going from his full season outputs since then, starting in 2011, he has played 8 seasons. In 6 of those 8 seasons he played 20 games or more. He has had just the two seasons where he was seriously affected by injuries. He did miss a lot of games on those occaisons, but this idea that Sam Reid is some sort of permanently injured player is just one of those weird Swans board narratives that has become some sort of accepted wisdom despite the lack up evidence to justify it.

Last edited:
Casboult taller and with significantly more contested marks and hitouts, they're otherwise similar
I was going to mention that but writing

'Reid is our (less effective) version of Levi Casboult, and there's no shame in that'

Made me really sad.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Reid's just an average tall player, he'll have a great game every now and again but to expect that on a regular basis is probably asking too much of him.
Your dashing the hopes of 90% of this board

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
To each their own
No, there are comments that are not helpful and this is one. The proof is emphatic Reid is not Garbage at all. He is a very good AFL footballer, abate injury prone. He is high on the all time contested marks list, can take marks coming out of defence which we have had trouble doing while he is injured. If he can string enough games together with all the other forwards on the park too, I believe he will be an extremely dangerous forward.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

No Caeser - Reid is not garbage. Get your head around it. Not garbage

He himself is not. Great bloke I'm sure. Garbage footballer. You can get your head around that. Or don't, I'm not fussed either way.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
He himself is not. Great bloke I'm sure. Garbage footballer. You can get your head around that. Or don't, I'm not fussed either way.
I know its probably before you were born but go watch the last 10 minutes of the 2012 grannie, pay particular attention to Reid. If you think he's a garbage footballer after that, go for it. Sure he probably hasnt lived up to expectations since then, and its 7 years ago but without his game that year we dont win the flag. Premeirship player with the swans, not many players in our history can write that on their cv.

I know its probably before you were born but go watch the last 10 minutes of the 2012 grannie, pay particular attention to Reid. If you think he's a garbage footballer after that, go for it. Sure he probably hasnt lived up to expectations since then, and its 7 years ago but without his game that year we dont win the flag. Premeirship player with the swans, not many players in our history can write that on their cv.

Done

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
See, the problem with making comments like Reid is garbage pretty much makes all your opinions null and void. To quote punts, imo.

See, the problem with making comments like Reid is garbage pretty much makes all your opinions null and void. To quote punts, imo.

I would rather someone find my opinion null and void than have the same cyclic discussion about Reid, which always ends the same (ie me not rating him one bit despite the efforts of the other to try and somehow convince me otherwise.) Can't make it much clearer than I did so think what you will and I'll do the same.

Kapanis

Cancelled
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
I would rather someone find my opinion null and void than have the same cyclic discussion about Reid, which always ends the same (ie me not rating him one bit despite the efforts of the other to try and somehow convince me otherwise.) Can't make it much clearer than I did so think what you will and I'll do the same.
Not rating him as against calling him garbage are the reasons your opinions are, imo, redundant.

Back