Movies & TV What are you guys watching?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Mind hunters on Netflix, it's about how they invented Criminal Profiling at the FBI by interviewing serial killers and then interview are the real transcripts from the real interviews conducted. The cases are also real cases they are investigating.

Pretty wild.
I didn’t mind series 1. Started series 2 recently and lost focus after just a couple of episodes. The story has kind of lost coherence and the performances aren’t convincing enough to override the problem. I might have another go though, it could improve or maybe I was in a s**t mood.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I didn’t mind series 1. Started series 2 recently and lost focus after just a couple of episodes. The story has kind of lost coherence and the performances aren’t convincing enough to override the problem. I might have another go though, it could improve or maybe I was in a s**t mood.
The back half of the series where they really focus in on the killing of the black children is crazy. I completely forgot it was a real story

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The back half of the series where they really focus in on the killing of the black children is crazy. I completely forgot it was a real story
I wouldn’t want to calculate how much of my viewing time is devoted to serial crimes and murders more generally. Fictional or true crimes both fine. If I do decide a killing spree is in order, I would now be knowledgeable enough to do a half decent job for a while.

I do like the current trend of using real past cases to lend some authenticity to a drama. So much bizarre s**t has actually happened that it’s difficult to make up a more compelling story then some real events anyway.

Unbelievable is worth a watch if you haven’t seen it. I’d be interested to see what you make of it. Another dramatisation of a true story. It’s being described as feminist by reviewers, but I didn’t personally get a particularly preachy vibe from it. Though a lot of the later episodes are more character driven than event driven (which is sometimes said to be more likely to appeal to women viewers than men) but I thought it was done well. It’s just the one short series about a serial rape investigation across two states. Good actors which helps. Elevated by the young girl (never seen her before) who plays the first victim. Worth a watch anyway.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I wouldn’t want to calculate how much of my viewing time is devoted to serial crimes and murders more generally. Fictional or true crimes both fine. If I do decide a killing spree is in order, I would now be knowledgeable enough to do a half decent job for a while.

I do like the current trend of using real past cases to lend some authenticity to a drama. So much bizarre s**t has actually happened that it’s difficult to make up a more compelling story then some real events anyway.

Unbelievable is worth a watch if you haven’t seen it. I’d be interested to see what you make of it. Another dramatisation of a true story. It’s being described as feminist by reviewers, but I didn’t personally get a particularly preachy vibe from it. Though a lot of the later episodes are more character driven than event driven (which is sometimes said to be more likely to appeal to women viewers than men) but I thought it was done well. It’s just the one short series about a serial rape investigation across two states. Good actors which helps. Elevated by the young girl (never seen her before) who plays the first victim. Worth a watch anyway.
I was astonished at the story in Mind Hunters, there was 30 something black children killed in like 2 years before anyone was caught .. you couldn't even imagine it now. No spoilers either but * is it a crazy ending.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m trying to watch the Crown. Slick production, quite good acting but not enough story to make it interesting.

I thought that Mindhunter season 2 was better than 1 because it stopped focusing so much on that little s**t who looks like Cary Elwes Jr. Unbelievable was also really good.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm so bummed about how s**t the new star wars will be. I was reading the expanded universe stuff as a little kid and have loved the universe my whole life but after being underwhelmed by TFA I straight up walked out of TLJ and am struggling to push myself to see Rise of Skywalker this December. Disney really did take the franchise and completely destroy it :(
yeah agree, they've really stuffed it up, especially TLJ, which was completely dog s**t enough to remind me of the prequel trilogy. ive also given up on the last one being any good either.
but i'm holding out that the new tv series the Mandalorian will help restore my faith. from the trailers it looks more old school original SW and with some new characters, instead of just rehashing the old ones.
the only problem being i'll have to sign up for Disney+ to watch it.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
yeah agree, they've really stuffed it up, especially TLJ, which was completely dog s**t enough to remind me of the prequel trilogy. ive also given up on the last one being any good either.
but i'm holding out that the new tv series the Mandalorian will help restore my faith. from the trailers it looks more old school original SW and with some new characters, instead of just rehashing the old ones.
the only problem being i'll have to sign up for Disney+ to watch it.

I've tried to watch TLJ twice and haven't managed to stay awake through it. Probably won't try again.

Back