Football (Round Ball) Thread...

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Kurz would still be there if he bought in to what they wanted to do, he didn't. He never went to youth league games, didn't really want them playing first team football and didn't trust them.

What you fail to realise is this is what the A League is about, we are there to develop the next generation. Gombau and Amor did it while still winning trophies.

The style of football we are playing now is so much better, and despite what FAITH says we are doing it with a younger, more local and on paper inferior squad.

It's exciting
Im not failing to realize anything, I was simply stating the club and Kurz had different views and that's why he was let go.

I am very happy we are taking the youth option and it is very exciting I agree. I wouldnt say anything other than a GF is a failure though, I'd say making finals is the goal and anything from there with this young squad is pretty good.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Liberia has already contacted Toure to play for them in their next friendly.

I selfishly hope he knocks them back and decides to play for Australia, but he has expressed a desire to play for them, anf I expect he probably will.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Liberia has already contacted Toure to play for them in their next friendly.

I selfishly hope he knocks them back and decides to play for Australia, but he has expressed a desire to play for them, anf I expect he probably will.
Yeah he'll play for them, it's his homeland after all.

Loss for Australia but can totally understand.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
But yep, James is doing everything right and then some.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The difference this season we have 2 game breakers taking the 3 points.
In the past we would've drawn that game.
You mean that bloke in the Socceroo squad isn't a game breaker??

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I was away all October and today was the first game I have seen this season.

We looked pretty flat and allowed Brisbane to take control in the second half. A very lucky win, it could have easily been a 1 nil loss.

The game changer was bringing on Lia for Kitto, moving Maria back, Lia as a defensive midfielder and moving Troisi into a more attacking role. We suddenly looked a lot more dangerous and Troisi set up the goal.

It could be an interesting season.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I go to most home game but don't claim to be an expert but I thought while we looked a bit flat yesterday we deserved the win.

We appear to be much more dangerous up forward this season but I do think we look more vulnerable down back.

I go to most home game but don't claim to be an expert but I thought while we looked a bit flat yesterday we deserved the win.

We appear to be much more dangerous up forward this season but I do think we look more vulnerable down back.
Yes, we have more pace for attacking, but we need another experienced defender to help out our captain. Mind you Marone has done better than Elsey! Also, balance the midfield with a holding mid.

D'arigo has been excellent in the holding role. The only thing we need is another centre back
Yes, he has been more than solid & will get better with experience. Suppose I'm comparing to Isaias who was so good at helping out our defensive unit when needed during the game, which is a reason why our defence is a little more vulnerable this year.

We definitely need another centre back!

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Yes, he has been more than solid & will get better with experience. Suppose I'm comparing to Isaias who was so good at helping out our defensive unit when needed during the game, which is a reason why our defence is a little more vulnerable this year.

We definitely need another centre back!
Don't forget Elsey is out injured .

Back