List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

If we're going that route, why not just play them at Arden Street? It's already an approved venue by the AFL for AFLW and VFL games.

I'm serious. Especially for GC, who have bugger all supporters in Melb.
You'd expect at least 15k at these games at a suitable venue. Are you suggesting that you'd be happy with 5k?

Last edited:
1573448719677.png

This is the sort of thing you aim for.

1573448821709.png

This is Queen Elizabeth Oval in Bendigo. I don't know what the biggest footy ground is shepparton is, but I imagine it's of similar dimensions.

Make this happen, Ben.

I will say one thing, if those two are there every kid will be indoctrinated for life.
whats the bet one of the subjects all of a sudden becomes ‘body art and the 99 premiership cup’..

Snake can teach them science, I'll teach them politics.

View attachment 777661

This is Queen Elizabeth Oval in Bendigo. I don't know what the biggest footy ground is shepparton is, but I imagine it's of similar dimensions.

Make this happen, Ben.
And to think that we had Ballarat in our pocket until one minute it was taken away from us...

Last edited:
It's come up before, but I'm still curious why no club has gone all-in trying to be the Indian migrant's team of choice.

You are talking predominately middle class, white collar educated people who already have a national obsession with sport and enjoy active involvement in their pursuits. Many are likely to improve in spending power and social status in the years after their arrival and will pass on their allegiance to their kids.

It beggars belief why you wouldn't exploit the Ponting factor, see which Bollywood stars require the least $ to put on a Hypertec Canterbury top and try a few drop punts to post on all social channels and work it over.

Hell, stump up the cash to get Kohli and Sachin to do a training session at Arden Street and we can probably buy ourselves out of Hobart.

Yeah, excellent idea. Add a good season from Hall into that mix and things like that could be tried to target the Indian community.

Would work a treat.

THIS! What aims do things like this serve to benefit the club? It's not a matter of whether it's a good thing or not, because for all intents and purposes it is.

The question is how does it serve the footy club in any tangible way, and whether we are better off putting resources elsewhere.

Of course, you do realise that there's an extremist element around here who will automatically think you're an arsehole for even raising the question.

Do you really not see the potential advantage something like the Huddle could be for growing support among new members? Imagine we had 90s like seasons over the next few seasons and players from that side hanging out at the Huddle.

That's how winning and things like the Huddle work - thru symbiosis. But yeah success is a vital part of it. And we probably need to be more pushy in how we market the club thru the Huddle.

We should be giving out free memberships for kids and greater involvement with the club as a reward for doing well in Huddle programs for example. This will work much better if we are pushing deep into finals and spoken about in the media as if we are more than a basket case.

It's come up before, but I'm still curious why no club has gone all-in trying to be the Indian migrant's team of choice.

You are talking predominately middle class, white collar educated people who already have a national obsession with sport and enjoy active involvement in their pursuits. Many are likely to improve in spending power and social status in the years after their arrival and will pass on their allegiance to their kids.

It beggars belief why you wouldn't exploit the Ponting factor, see which Bollywood stars require the least $ to put on a Hypertec Canterbury top and try a few drop punts to post on all social channels and work it over.

Hell, stump up the cash to get Kohli and Sachin to do a training session at Arden Street and we can probably buy ourselves out of Hobart.
You may have missed my previous post, it was a big reason we added Orange into the merch. It was to match the Indian ODI team.

It was at the time but their was talk of playing a game in India, which fell through.

Back