Player comebacks 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

If Geelong can get Steven and Cockatoo up and about that goes a long long way to mitigating the loss of Kelly. Big ifs, but Cockatoo is due a good run at it.
Little doubt Steven will be right. Cockatoo? The guy is blessed with talent but cursed

Would be great to see Tim Broomhead at AFL level again in 2020. Was solid in the VFL in 2019 (played all 18 games, averaging 15.67 disposals per game), after coming back from a horrible, flukish leg break the season before. Has been given a one year Rookie contract, and has had an injury-affected career (has played just 36 of a possible 161 senior games in 7 seasons), never really getting a consistent run at it to show his true ability and reach his potential, after being selected at #20 in the 2012 National Draft (the Pies selected three South Australians with three consecutive top 20 picks that year), and earning a Rising Star nomination in 2015.

Would also be a great boost for Brodie Grundy (Pick #18 in that same 2012 National Draft) to see his best mate get back to senior level as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see if Harley Bennell atones for his misspent talent - whatever club he lands at

Ah, a Hawks supporter calling me out while they defend kick-chaser Mitchell. What a surprise. If you go back a couple of pages, you’ll find that I rate Mitchell about #8 best midfielder in the league. Inside top 10, but only just.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kick chaser?

You're a joke mate.

Goes hunting for kicks in the backline all the time. 50 Mitchell possessions are worth about 20 of Dusty’s

I think you are racist against slow little fat men.

He's a great player mate, works harder at the coalface than any player in football. It takes all types and whilst he is not as dynamic as most, his football brain and ability to find the footy are underrated. His Hawthorn namesake predecessor was also underrated because he was also a slow little fat man...however he was a legendary midfielder and one of the best we have seen.

Last edited:
Ah, a Hawks supporter calling me out while they defend kick-chaser Mitchell. What a surprise. If you go back a couple of pages, you’ll find that I rate Mitchell about #8 best midfielder in the league. Inside top 10, but only just.

How can you claim Mitchell isn't in the top 10 mids in the game and then put him #8 in your own list?

Just admit you got it wrong.

Grimes has always been this good. Non Richmond supporters just haven't noticed because Rance is better. After a knee though, who knows
I reckon Grimes is getting better and will exceed a prime Rance, scary considering how good Rance is.

Thread is 90% about Tom Mitchell.

I reckon Grimes is getting better and will exceed a prime Rance, scary considering how good Rance is.

Rance is easily better than Grimes, but Richmond can survive without either (not both, they need someone). Their defence is sheltered by the pressure game plan they have in the forward half of the ground. That falls down and they get found out, Rance, Grimes or otherwise. Luckily for them it doesn't fall down that often.

Anyway, not sure it counts as a 'comeback' given he played in Rd 23 but what about Lance Franklin? 10 games and 27 goals, his lowest return since 2005. Hopefully he'll be back to full fitness and able to produce another 50-60+ goal season for the Swans.

Thread is 90% about Tom Mitchell.

Rance is easily better than Grimes, but Richmond can survive without either (not both, they need someone). Their defence is sheltered by the pressure game plan they have in the forward half of the ground. That falls down and they get found out, Rance, Grimes or otherwise. Luckily for them it doesn't fall down that often.

Anyway, not sure it counts as a 'comeback' given he played in Rd 23 but what about Lance Franklin? 10 games and 27 goals, his lowest return since 2005. Hopefully he'll be back to full fitness and able to produce another 50-60+ goal season for the Swans.

Grimes IMO is the most underrated player in the AFL and does not get the accolades he deserves due to the likes of Rance and Martin. Richmonds defense was top two or three with Rance at FB, it is the best with Grimes at FB. I rate Rance as a genuine superstar and one of the top 5 defenders in the game, I rate Grimes as the top defender in the game, again this is just my opinion.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back