C Section Premier C - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is pretty much what I've done, Maxie. Looking at it from the outside.

The handling of the two dismissals was ham-fisted and I've said as much. That said, the decision makers appear to have righted the ship so they deserve some credit for that.

My guess is that those who orchestrated those events would handle them differently given their time over again. Looking at it from the outside.

None of us are immune from making bad decisions. Recognising them, taking responsibility for them, then correcting them is a healthy administrative sign I'd have thought. Looking at it from the outside.

Time will tell whether the pain has been worth it.

The ego will never allow an acknowledgement of the mistakes that were made .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That is pretty much what I've done, Maxie. Looking at it from the outside.

The handling of the two dismissals was ham-fisted and I've said as much. That said, the decision makers appear to have righted the ship so they deserve some credit for that.

My guess is that those who orchestrated those events would handle them differently given their time over again. Looking at it from the outside.

None of us are immune from making bad decisions. Recognising them, taking responsibility for them, then correcting them is a healthy administrative sign I'd have thought. Looking at it from the outside.

Time will tell whether the pain has been worth it.
Still haven't heard a valid reason for their dismissals. The two teams who were promoted were clearly the best equipped for Prem B. So what was he supposed to do. A double jump from D1 to B hasn't been done by many. St.Bedes, Mazenod and OI were the last I know to do such a jump. Should have been disappointed but realistic.

Obviously not!!

Still haven't heard a valid reason for their dismissals. The two teams who were promoted were clearly the best equipped for Prem B. So what was he supposed to do. A double jump from D1 to B hasn't been done by many. St.Bedes, Mazenod and OI were the last I know to do such a jump. Should have been disappointed but realistic.

Obviously not!!
I'm an Ash Lever fan, Maxwell. As I've said, his ousting was puzzling and the manner in which it was done was undignified at best and shameful at worst. I doubt those of us on the outside will ever know the 'why' bit.

Just think if you're going to pan the decision maker/s for poor administration -as I have - it's not unreasonable to give him/those a bunk-up when, on the face it, they've achieved something positive.

A 'Trying to be fair' M

Welcome to Premier C 2020

Old Geelong
Monash Blues
Ormond
Old Ivanhoe
Mazenod
Marcellin
Old Mentonians
Hampton Rovers
Preston Bullants
UHS-VU

Max "Never too early" Leader
Seeing the AFL fixture for 2020 came out today, here's how I see the 2020 Premier C Round 1 fixture might look like:

Hampton Rovers v UHS-VU
Monash v Old Geelong
Mazenod v Old Mentonians
Old Ivanhoe v Marcellin
Preston Bullants v Ormond

Thoughts?

Seeing the AFL fixture for 2020 came out today, here's how I see the 2020 Premier C Round 1 fixture might look like:

Hampton Rovers v UHS-VU
Monash v Old Geelong
Mazenod v Old Mentonians
Old Ivanhoe v Marcellin

Thoughts?
A major oversight there, Jase. Surely the first round should be for the Russell Barnes Cup. Equally importantly, there would be the opportunity for a catch-up with old mate Bedders.

A major oversight there, Jase. Surely the first round should be for the Russell Barnes Cup. Equally importantly, there would be the opportunity for a catch-up with old mate Bedders.

Hampton Rovers v Ormond will be on ANZAC Day next year, seeing that ANZAC Day in 2020 fall on a Saturday. So on the same day you have the traditional ANZAC Day Essendon v Collingwood game at the MCG, why not have Hampton Rovers v Ormond on the same day at Boss James Reserve as well?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Hampton Rovers v Ormond will be on ANZAC Day next year, seeing that ANZAC Day in 2020 fall on a Saturday. So on the same day you have the traditional ANZAC Day Essendon v Collingwood game at the MCG, why not have Hampton Rovers v Ormond on the same day at Boss James Reserve as well?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
We might have it at the Gunn , all about you Jace , although your lunches are about the best in the VAFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hampton Rovers v UHS-VU
Monash v Old Geelong
Mazenod v Old Mentonians
Old Ivanhoe v Marcellin

Thoughts?
Hello Mr Cave,
Can you please give me your tips for these matchups if they were to happen along with your 6 best players for each team? Thank you.

Hello Mr Cave,
Can you please give me your tips for these matchups if they were to happen along with your 6 best players for each team? Thank you.

INTERIM DRAW FOR ROUND 1

Hampton Rovers vs. Old Ivanhoe
Marcellin vs. UHSVU
Mazenod vs. Old Geelong
Old Mentonians vs. Ormond
Preston Bullants vs. Monash Blues

INTERIM DRAW FOR ROUND 1

Hampton Rovers vs. Old Ivanhoe
Marcellin vs. UHSVU
Mazenod vs. Old Geelong
Old Mentonians vs. Ormond
Preston Bullants vs. Monash Blues

Happy to get one of our road trips done in the 1st Round.

Only Old Mentone left.

Max “Car Pool” Leader

A tad simplistic there, Dougie.

There are extremely hard working dedicated people at both Rovers and Ormond. Both clubs have good junior set-ups but lose players to not only paying comps but other VAFA clubs too. Some snagged by their schools after those clubs have nurtured them.

What they don't have is a wealthy school trust that tips in buckets; a strong network of power brokers; a ready-made school based recruiting nursery; the possibility of scholarships; connections to the commercial sector; top rate facilities that eventuated, in large part, as a result of the big bucks those associated with the club tipped in, et al. Like, say, SKOB.

Anyway, the points system is here to stay, as it should.
"Their schools also nurtures them" the battle between school and junior club is a battle for hearts and minds. The bonus schools have is they have those kids together day in day out for years on end.. a junior footy club only has those kids for 2x per week and Sundays from April to August.

Correct there Army, you'd think that old mate Bedford would be more worried about the rumoured exodus of young talent from his club to the neighbouring club at Packer Park.
How about we speak about what we know rather than what we don't know for a moment. We know, as of now, the Monders have recruited 3 very good players and a cockroach with an impressive coaching record. One player will most likely leave the Gunnery to follow his father.

As for your 'rumour' it's far more likely any movement between the three-teams-into-one (or is it four teams) and the Gunnery will be toward the Gunnery than the other way. 'Rumour' has it the cockroach at the combine hasn't endeared himself to all his flock.

How about we speak about what we know rather than what we don't know for a moment. We know, as of now, the Monders have recruited 3 very good players and a cockroach with an impressive coaching record. One player will most likely leave the Gunnery to follow his father.

As for your 'rumour' it's far more likely any movement between the three-teams-into-one (or is it four teams) and the Gunnery will be toward the Gunnery than the other way. 'Rumour' has it the cockroach at the combine hasn't endeared himself to all his flock.
Gogis also a confirmed departure. Back to Oakleigh with Lever snr and Lever jnr.

Incorrect Gogis could be at Waverley Blues for coin.
Well his departure is confirmed. While I can’t dispute your Waverley Blues comment, Local Leader article referenced his return to Oakleigh. Close family links between Gogis and Leaver families will most likely see him play there. I guess time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back