TCR is here

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m talking to some old guys who here, who were here and saw that. They kept racing and no safety cars.
I'm good mates with his younger son.
Johnnies still kicking , lives north of Adelaide

Season finale at The Bend in November, should be good.

Hey Kwality , not only is TCR here, but it'll be at Bahturst twice a year as well!

I did see it, was looking to add Macau WTCR, but Suzuka got in the way - its me, got it arse about.

The VW was flying,trust MPC can get those Brighty cars going a bit quicker.

Bring on Macau then in 2020, Bathurst.

I'm glad you finally arrived.

Worth waiting for ;) (about this time next year):
..... the weekend will feature a field of up to 55 two-litre touring cars competing in a 500km two-driver TCR event. Organisers will invite touring car teams from all over the world to compete in the event.

British Touring Car star Andy Priaulx*, having competed in four Bathurst 1000s, said getting the chance to return to Mount Panorama was exciting.
“Bathurst is one of the best race tracks in the world — it’s a kind of mix between Spa and Macau,” Priaulx said.
“It will be fantastic to drive there in a TCR car that will perform really well over the top.
“I have very fond memories of my previous experiences on the circuit and I am sure that the TCR race will provide a very exciting show.”

The new event means, for the first time in a calendar year, the Mount Panorama circuit will be used for five events including the Bathurst 12-Hour and the Bathurst 1000 endurance races.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Priaulx

Hey S5000s too !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

55 may seem ok. But 55 of the same car I don't think will work. 55 works with a multi class grid, and drivers that aren't brain dead and can drive appropriately under the pressure of dealing with traffic.

If you had 55 cars of the same regs, people also get dispirited if they're s**t and won't be motivated to turn up again. Low 40s should be the target, with more as a bonus imo.

55 just sounds like to many cars to even run in the race. Imagine how far back around the last corner the starting grid world have to go! Not to mention how steep a drop off in driver talent there would be that far back. 40 would both be more manageable and a magnificent accomplishment. It is still a very large grid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back