Combined sides based on ladder positions

Remove this Banner Ad

I would combine Richmond (WA State colours) and West Coast and watch you all melt.

180K members

It would be a team that could travel 😂 , dominate at home and dominate at the G. Also it wouldn't have to play down at Geelong/Tassie ever again with all those games being played at the G

Oh and West Coast could still get to see a Rioli running around playing footy.

post your tears here:

I'd be contacting Guiness World Records.

180,000 douchebags as paid members of one single team would have to be a world record surely?

Bulldogs with North would be an alright team. Take the few good players out of North and plonk them where the doggies are missing them.

Listening to SEN this morning they were talking about how many players from 2 sides would go into one, for example if you combined Collingwood and Hawthorn what the team would look like.
This got me thinking if we combined 2 sides but sorted the order according to finishing positions in2019.
For example Richmond who finished 1st combined with Gold Coast who finished last.
Giants 2nd with Melbourne 17th
Geelong 3rd with Carlton 16th
Collingwood 4th with Sydney 15th
Brisbane 5th with St.kilda 14th
West Coast 6th with Fremantle 13th
Bulldogs 7th with North 12th
Essendon 8th with Adelaide 11th
Hawthorn 9th with Port Adelaide 10th

Of these combos who makes the strongest side? At a glance I’d say the giants and Melbourne would be a very strong looking team especially with Gawn taking number 1 ruck that the giants are desperately lacking.
Just looking at a combined Richmond Suns side it’s hard to find many Suns players that would make the side however I’ll give it a go.

Richmond/Gold Coast
B - grimes (rich) astbury(rich) vlaustin (rich)
HB - houli (rich) rance (rich) short (rich)
C - Pickett (rich) Prestia (rich) Caddy (rich)
HF - Lambert (rich) Riewoldt (rich) Stack (rich)
FF - Castagna (rich) Lynch (rich) Rioli (rich)
R - Nankervis (rich) Martin (rich) Cotchin (rich)
I - Graham (rich) Soldo (rich) Bolton (rich) Ellis (Suns)

Be interested to see everyone’s sides and the differences with the players selected depending on which set of supporters are putting the team together.
LOL.
Very good!

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here's my attempt at the Lions/Saints team.

FB: D.Roberton - H.Andrews - J.Geary
HB: D.Rich - D.Gardiner - Z.Jones
C: H.McCluggage - L.Neale - B.Hill
HF: J.Billings - D.McStay - C.Rayner
FF: C.Cameron - T.Membrey - J.Gresham

FOL: S.Martin - D.Zorko - S.Ross
INT: R.Marshall - M.Robinson - J.Steele - J.Lyons

Richmond/Gold Coast

Be interested to see everyone’s sides and the differences with the players selected depending on which set of supporters are putting the team together.

Take the Tigers set of supporters away and Witts and Sexton both get a game.

At least there would be competition for spots, which is what this whole thing is about. 1 and 10 would probably be a 70/30 split compared to the 95/5 split of 1 and 18

I think you overrate the gap between the top teams and the bottom teams. Melbourne were top 4 last year and 17th this season. Brisbane were bottom 2 last year and finished the home and away top 2 this year. Those sides had only minimal personnel change.

The point being, the top teams are not so much better than the bottom teams that the best players from the bottom teams would only just scrape in. The bottom 6 in most of the top teams would still be the bottom 6-8 in the lower teams too.

Take a combined side of Melbourne (17th) and Brisbane (2nd after H/A) or GWS (2nd after finals) and it would/should be 60/40 rather than 95/5. Perhaps the only exception is Gold Coast (who have an uncommon void at the moment) but even they have plenty of players who would be playing if they were on the Richmond list (hell, look at Lyons who was delisted by GC and now is one of the better mids in a top 4 team).

Hipwood?

Listening to SEN this morning they were talking about how many players from 2 sides would go into one, for example if you combined Collingwood and Hawthorn what the team would look like.
This got me thinking if we combined 2 sides but sorted the order according to finishing positions in2019.
For example Richmond who finished 1st combined with Gold Coast who finished last.

Of these combos who makes the strongest side? At a glance I’d say the giants and Melbourne would be a very strong looking team especially with Gawn taking number 1 ruck that the giants are desperately lacking.
Just looking at a combined Richmond Suns side it’s hard to find many Suns players that would make the side however I’ll give it a go.

Richmond/Gold Coast

One of the more interesting offseason threads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really outta do it staggered, combine 1st with 10th, 2nd with 11th and so on. Of course almost no-one from 18th would be in the side that came 1st.
Yeah but his evens up the sides

you imagine if they actually did this and we had a nine team comp - you wouldstuggle to do better than a coin toss at tipping

I'd have Hipwood instead of McStay and Hannebery in there instead of Rayner.

Cameron and Gresh in the same forward line would be great to watch.

Dees/GWS from memory:

B: Haynes Davis Jetta
HB: Lever May Shaw
C: Whitfield Taranto Kelly
HF: Petracca Cameron Greene
F: McDonald Finlayson Melksham
R: Gawn Coniglio Oliver

I/C: Ward Hopper Williams deBoer

14 GWS, 8 Melbourne

The midfield is an interesting one, because Gawn, Oliver, Brayshaw, Harmes and Viney rolled GWS R23 when we were fit, but on the most recent encounter and season only Oliver and Gawn get anywhere close to starting. Harmes and de Boer would duke it out for the tagging spot. 8 talls on field so it's all smaller types on the bench. Opposition fans won't have seen much of Melksham but was one of the most prolific small forwards when he played in 2018, would form a great pair with Greene.

Richmond/Gold Coast

FREAGLE!

Richmond/Gold Coast

I can pick plenty of GC Players that would play in front of soldo Castagna graham lambert short. I’d play fiorini, lukosius harbrow sexton Witts swallow. There done.

This is a non contest. Selwood Cripps Dangerfield Ablett Walsh wouldn’t lose a centre clearance. Weitering Jones Stewart Blicavs wouldn’t concede and inside 50 mark. Hawkins Casboult mckay Curnow who could you outmark.

That forward line would be way too top heavy.
Curnow and mckay are extremely quick. I don’t think so. Just put 1 on the bench when needed anyway. Casboult (best 2nd ruck forward in the afl imo) can play anywhere but probsbly misses out as a result. Dahlhaus Miers Betts Fox that problem anyway.

This is a non contest. Selwood Cripps Dangerfield Ablett Walsh wouldn’t lose a centre clearance. Weitering Jones Stewart Blicavs wouldn’t concede and inside 50 mark. Hawkins Casboult mckay Curnow who could you outmark.

I suspect NicNat, Fyfe, Kelly, Yeo and Shuey would win more than their fair share of centre clearances against a centre bounce set up deploying an ageing Selwood and Ablett feeding off an average Ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back