briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I was there too. Thought it was disappointing. They played every song so fast, they were virtually unrecognisable.
We met them before the show.

Quite often the Albert street “side” entrance for the roadies would be left unattended.

We walked in, past a table full of merchandise, helped ourselves to a T-shirt guitar pick and a set of drum sticks each (there were 7 of us) and somehow found ourselves walking down a corridor where the dressing rooms were, there was a door open, and joe ramone sitting there. Not being a muso unlike most of our group, I hung back, but some of the guys had a great talk and all sitting around drumming the back of some chairs.

Honestly can’t remember the show.

Can remember the Violent Femes and Nirvana.

Nirvana showed up late having played the Coast the night before and spent that day surfing. Curt got off the bus, still in his wet suit, and cursing about having to play a gig, and why couldn’t they stay down the coast to surf some more.

Femes played an extra long session as the support act. When Nirvana eventually came out, played a real short set, and then walked off stage causing a near riot. Eventually came back out for a short encore, and we thought it best get to the back of the hall as the “mosh pit” up front was getting pretty agro.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What is the financial aspect of this? In some very spotty googling, Optus paid.. 50m over 10 years? But with a brand new stadium that makes sense. MArvel is.. 70m for 8 years?

I just hope it isn't a mining company or the like.. Santos Stadium would make me puke.

What is the financial aspect of this? In some very spotty googling, Optus paid.. 50m over 10 years? But with a brand new stadium that makes sense. MArvel is.. 70m for 8 years?

I just hope it isn't a mining company or the like.. Santos Stadium would make me puke.
It's Queensland. There is a damn good chance.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

Clive Palmer Stadium.

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Surely it has to be named after the greatest Queenslander that ever lived. The Joh Bjelke-Petersen Domain.

Honor the man that made Queensland what it is today.:smirk:

Then you can have the fixturing set up deviously so us southerners are an hour off in our arrival plans.

Then you can have the fixturing set up deviously so us southerners are an hour off in our arrival plans.
The away bench is designated a separate stadium and not allowed to take part in the game.

Back