Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

Remove this Banner Ad

Astbury is OK for a dour role player, and the Richmond lineup contains many similar low-ceiling but decent output types.

Weitering has far better AFL IQ, composure and foot skills and is still building, whereas Astbury is currently playing to his (reasonably low) peak.

Next you’ll be telling us Ivan Soldo is a better ruckman than Kreuzer, and Dion Prestia is an better mid than Crippa.
With a list as deep as Carlton’s, it’s little wonder why they’ve been banking premierships left right and centre, every player on their list is A grade or about to be, so all other 17 clubs are just making up the numbers at this point

With a list as deep as Carlton’s, it’s little wonder why they’ve been banking premierships left right and centre, every player on their list is A grade or about to be, so all other 17 clubs are just making up the numbers at this point

I know it’s an unpopular opinion for a Richmond supporter, but rating our best key defender ahead of the third best KPD on your list is a completely reasonable position to take, and no amount of hyperbole can reconcile what is a pretty straight forward opinion.

Docherty replaces Broad, Weitering and Jones are both better players than Astbury and Walsh gets a gig over Liam Baker.

The mythologising over this strong, but star-dependent Richmond team is amazing. Their bottom 10 are all very much replaceable.

Their true strength is in their system, and that covers getting the best out of some otherwise average players: Broad, Astbury, Baker, Soldo, Castagna et al.
lmao

I know it’s an unpopular opinion for a Richmond supporter, but rating our best key defender ahead of the third best KPD on your list is a completely reasonable position to take, and no amount of hyperbole can reconcile what is a pretty straight forward opinion.
Let’s not forget Liam Jones also, he’d surely replace Rance, also the guy coming off two knee recos would definitely replace an all Australian half back in Houli. Why stop there? Walsh is already twice the player Martin is
B5AADF43-E69F-46BF-A44D-2FB96CFAC685.gif

Let’s not forget Liam Jones also, he’d surely replace Rance, also the guy coming off two knee recos would definitely replace an all Australian half back in Houli. Why stop there? Walsh is already twice the player Martin is
View attachment 777442
Talking up Rance coming off an ACL but talking down Docherty coming off the same injury - lol.

Nobody said any of the above btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Carlton are absolutely zero chance to win a flag within the next 20 years?
Not saying zero chance, but as you say they're hard to win. Given Carlton haven't made top 4 for 20 years, it's not too much of a stretch to predict they won't win a flag in the next 20 seasons.

Since 2000, 9 of the 18 teams in the comp have won a flag, so based on those stats alone a specific team is a 50% chance to win one in the next 20 years.

And I'll back the teams that have proven they can regularly contend in the modern era to continue to do so - Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, West Coast and of course Collingwood.

Not saying zero chance, but as you say they're hard to win. Given Carlton haven't made top 4 for 20 years, it's not too much of a stretch to predict they won't win a flag in the next 20 seasons.

Since 2000, 9 of the 18 teams in the comp have won a flag, so based on those stats alone a specific team is a 50% chance to win one in the next 20 years.

And I'll back the teams that have proven they can regularly contend in the modern era to continue to do so - Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney, West Coast and of course Collingwood.
Well is it 20 years or not?

Lol - I see you left out Richmond, who are now the biggest powerhouse in the league after not contending for 37 years. A week is a long time in footy let alone 20 years, so to be making such predictions is absurd.

Given the equalisation of the comp in recent years, to simply just back in the same 5 teams to contend for the next 20 years is stupid.

Lol - I see you left out Richmond, who are now the biggest powerhouse in the league after not contending for 37 years. A week is a long time in footy let alone 20 years, so to be making such predictions is absurd.

Given the equalisation of the comp in recent years, to simply just back in the same 5 teams to contend for the next 20 years is stupid.
It's not stupid, it's just basics, you haven't looked like it.

That's not saying it won't happen, but i think most would be more confident with money on it not happening.

You highlighted 'regularly contend in the modern era', and have a dig at me for leaving out Richmond?

You highlighted 'regularly contend in the modern era', and have a dig at me for leaving out Richmond?

My favorite part was where you put regularly contend instead of regularly win just so you could include Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back