Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
I didn't read any of those names you mentioned anywhere.

The only names mentioned early on the were the initial 7.

Point is they were all reported in media by different people.
Some of them were reported by McClure.

There's a reason he was dumped from the TV gigs. He's not liked or respected by the players or the public.

Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GAVROI MOUNIA... GAMW TON PIRAEA
It's been a bit of a media beat up.

He only wanted to join GC because of the dollars that were on offer, but he wasn't "desperate" to get there (or out of Adelaide FWIW).

The Brad Crouch situation marries up sequentially with GC suddenly playing hard ball with Carlton for Pick #9 in the Jack Martin discussions.

TalkingFootyNow1223

Stay Calm... Its Just A Game... SweetFA..
Sep 6, 2019
Spamtopia...
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
I didn't read any of those names you mentioned anywhere.

The only names mentioned early on the were the initial 7.
Those names had been mentioned at some stage to the build up of trade week. The only one i am questioning is Fogarty never heard anything about him

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Those names had been mentioned at some stage to the build up of trade week. The only one i am questioning is Fogarty never heard anything about him

Derwayne not much of a source but Tredrae also said it on air.
Also funny because Laird mentioned too

"as many as 10 players leaving" - Well yeah a heap left, but did Adelaide actually want to keep any of them?

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
1573705158774.png

Poop McClure again pulling crap out of his ass.
Info directly from his management rather than from 13 year old on twitter.

Funny Rowey states exactly what I said yesterday about McClure

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So the journalist that aligns with your team's interest is the credible one... gotcha

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

The journalist with actual contacts, the one that has spoken to his management.
Also the story that is confirmed by pretty much anyone with half a clue and no crows vendetta.

At no point did McClure state that he had spoken with him or his management, or the suns, or anyone else.
He provided no sources, no background information.
He just shuts his eyes and throws some darts.

I mean you think you guys would learn. its 3 years in a row hes tried the same thing with the same player.

Not to mention all the other players he's been wrong about.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
View attachment 778993

Poop McClure again pulling crap out of his ass.
Info directly from his management rather than from 13 year old on twitter.

Funny Rowey states exactly what I said yesterday about McClure
Also funny Rowie says this is the off air quote, I'm just waiting for the on air quote...umm, Rowie, the idea of the off air quote is that it doesn't make it on air

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Also funny Rowie says this is the off air quote, I'm just waiting for the on air quote...umm, Rowie, the idea of the off air quote is that it doesn't make it on air

Well he didnt say the quote. He paraphrased.

I'm guessing it went something like this:

SR: So whats the go with Crouch, is what McClure wrote true?
Crouch Manager: Are you f***ing kidding, no way. That bloke is a complete and utter *****

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If I was crouch's manager and my player had to stay there for another year, I'd say that too
Well he didnt say the quote. He paraphrased.

I'm guessing it went something like this:

SR: So whats the go with Crouch, is what McClure wrote true?
Crouch Manager: Are you f***ing kidding, no way. That bloke is a complete and utter *****

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
If I was crouch's manager and my player had to stay there for another year, I'd say that too

Why?
Is Danihers manager saying that?

Kelly's manager last year was open about him wanting to leave Geelong at the end of the following year.

You'd think maybe if he'd tried 3 years in a row to get out and they hadnt facilitated a trade then the manager/player would be angry with the club and not the media hack inventing stories?

I mean none of this makes any logical sense at all.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why?

Kelly's manager last year was open about him wanting to leave Geelong at the end of the following year.

You'd think maybe if he'd tried 3 years in a row to get out and they hadnt facilitated a trade then the manager/player would be angry with the club and not the media hack inventing stories?

If he wanted to get out for 3 years in a row, I'd be angry at my manager for negotiating such a long deal!

If you want to get out, don't sign long term contracts

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
To protect him from a bombardment of media scrutiny in his final year at the club
Why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
If he wanted to get out for 3 years in a row, I'd be angry at my manager for negotiating such a long deal!

If you want to get out, don't sign long term contracts

I mean yeh but modern world and all that he'd be spewing at the club having 3 chances and being unable to facilitate.
As well as his manager for getting him locked in.

This is what I mean, there are so many holes in this story its like swiss cheese.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I mean yeh but modern world and all that he'd be spewing at the club having 3 chances and being unable to facilitate.
As well as his manager for getting him locked in.

This is what I mean, there are so many holes in this story its like swiss cheese.
there wouldn't be any accountability on the player either...sound familiar Mitch McGovern?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Well there were a number of other crows mentioned as definitely leaving last trade period.

Start there:
Talia, Smith, B Crouch, M Crouch just off the top of my head. That's 4 players in ONE team in ONE trade period that were leaving and didnt.
Sam Manure also had Rory Laird wanting out to a Melbourne club at one point....the bloke is full of **it

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves

TryAnHit

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Big year for brouch

If keeps his form / increases it he will demand 800-900k per year

If he gets injured and body doesnt hold up...hello 400k for rest of career

Lot riding on the line for him

TalkingFootyNow1223

Sep 6, 2019
Spamtopia...
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Media blows everything way and i mean WAY out of proportion 24/7 365 days a year but the media sure does love a good white lie during trade time. I heard that Laird wanted to come to Port.. that alone is absolutely bullshit. For starters Port was not facilitating trade ins as we are rebuilding and Ken Hinkley was only ever targeting out of contract players. But moral of the story is dont believe anything the media says until it happens.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Andrew Jarman says there's some truth to McClure's claim.

The same Andrew Jarman that said Clarkson was a lock to coach Adelaide when Pyke was appointed?

The bloke is a dead set peanut and his shtick is being the class clown.

Anyone taking a word he says seriously needs their head read.

TalkingFootyNow1223

Sep 6, 2019
Spamtopia...
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Nicks is a genuine footy mind i see him doing good things for Adelaide Crows as much as the rivalry between both SA teams id much rather watch Crows succeed over any Vic team. Port and Crows are like brothers and sisters, hate each other with a passion but would stand up for each other if anyone from the outside started any s**t.

#IRespectSA

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The same Andrew Jarman that said Clarkson was a lock to coach Adelaide when Pyke was appointed?

The bloke is a dead set peanut and his shtick is being the class clown.

Anyone taking a word he says seriously needs their head read.
Lol I think your flying a bit of the handle at times but I was going to say the same thing about Jarman. He's off.his rocker at times.

Although in saying all of all this I reckon we should set up a charity boxing match MMM v 5AA (Jars vs Rowey).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back