Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

So tomorrow it all begins... get excited

I just want to see who needs to spend some time in fat camp. Really hoping McAdam comes back in good shape.

As a 6’2” bloke myself, I can say with great authority that carrying 105kg is a huge amount of weight. I let myself blow out to that weight after I stopped playing footy at the highest level I reached.

Came back to it for a country club a few years later at that weight and got injury after injury after injury. Went away again and came back to 92kg and haven’t had an injury in 2 years.

There is something about that weight range that shot nearly all my leg and back muscles and joints to high hell.
What you’re saying is the principle of ideal playing weight. Every sport has an ideal weight range. If too lightweight, you’d be bashed up or be pushed aside too easily. Too heavy and you’re likely to be overrun by opponents and sustain more feet/knee injuries.

The modern game is now more a team running game style, and big huge forwards are no longer at an advantage because they’re often fighting against 2 other opponents or in bigger packs. It is therefore a need for big forwards to run more and would benefit them in general to lose some weight to aid in speed/endurance/less injuries.

What you’re saying is the principle of ideal playing weight. Every sport has an ideal weight range. If too lightweight, you’d be bashed up or be pushed aside too easily. Too heavy and you’re likely to be overrun by opponents and sustain more feet/knee injuries.

The modern game is now more a team running game style, and big huge forwards are no longer at an advantage because they’re often fighting against 2 other opponents or in bigger packs. It is therefore a need for big forwards to run more and would benefit them in general to lose some weight to aid in speed/endurance/less injuries.
Yep, and from my experience it’s at best a 2-5kg sweetspot.

Max

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's going to be the official BF training observer / reporter?

Key reports include:
1. Who's put on the most weight
2. Who's looking leaner and fitter
3. Who wins the time trials
4. Who comes last in the time trials
5. Do you think ROB can make a play for lead ruck and push Sauce out of the team
6. How many weeks Brad Crouch is going to miss with foot / groin / hamstring 'awareness'

Who's going to be the official BF training observer / reporter?

Key reports include:
1. Who's put on the most weight
2. Who's looking leaner and fitter
3. Who wins the time trials
4. Who comes last in the time trials
5. Do you think ROB can make a play for lead ruck and push Sauce out of the team
6. How many weeks Brad Crouch is going to miss with foot / groin / hamstring 'awareness'

7. Who's training the house down and will dominate the 2020 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back