Training 2020 Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

He looked fine in the video that Lee Gaskin posted but was doing repeat 200 m running. We knew he had to work on his aerobic work.
Ok that’s interesting - someone I’d think was reliable also saw the same vid and thought alarm bells.

Anyway I’ll have a look for myself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* Assistant coaches same roles as last season (Godden mids, Hart forwards, Mattner def, Clarke rucks)

Shudders.

"The point is, you've gotta squeeze every penny. Come on, let me hear you."

Sorry Guys but to me the worring sign was Stengle running last with Wright as a pacer.
Eddie Betts was usually leading the pack........oh wait a moment, he was usually towards the back of the pack.

Stengle was given quite a bit of time in the midfield in the latter part of the season. He is well in front of Ben Jarman who had a physical reaction to running. There are about seven players (plus the draftees) competing for two small forward spots. Let the best men win.

Last edited:
It not running last that worried me it was how far back he was and who he was with,
I think there were only two open training sessions prior to March last pre-season. My recollection was that Stengle seemed a long, long way behind the other small forwards. He will never be a running machine but he knows how to find the ball and he knows how to kick goals.

My gut feel is that the small forwards in the Twos most likely to move into our best 22 are Ned and McAdam but I would be delighted if Stengle kicked 40 goals and made me look like an idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back