Society & Culture Your first world problems

Remove this Banner Ad

Join the club. Group therapy has always sounded like s**t to me, when I'm paying a shrink what I do an hour I want his undivided attention on me.
You're in therapy for narcissm then? :think:

Seriously, I'm the same. I find it hard enough with just the psychologist in the room, if there was anyone else I wouldn't have said anything in five years (on and off).

Seriously, I'm the same. I find it hard enough with just the psychologist in the room, if there was anyone else I wouldn't have said anything in five years (on and off).
Alcoholic Anonymous would be hell for me. Me and two dozen other narcissists in the room.

One of the things I've learned is that narcissism is not necessarily a bad thing. It can go overboard but at the same time thinking that you're worth something is not the worst thing you can do.
Narcissism is a highly damaging personality disorder. Not to the person who has it but the lives it touches. It can have devastating effects. My mother is one. My sister who was raised by her is basically emotionally stuffed, I only lived with her from 16 to 25 and that was bad enough. I hope to never have any close personal relationships with one ever again.

Nah you’d be fine in the group I attend. It’s amazing. Has rules and you can share as little or as much as you want. No advice is given by anyone. No judgement and no shaming. Everything is welcome. It’s very therapeutic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the fu** is with that?

When we pop over to Melbs to do some shopping etc we always encounter this and it always seems to be the people of the same ethnicity
Is it against a religion on something?
Put some deodorant on ffs...surely the rest of your family you are out with can smell you?!
Time to play the "guess the race game"!

First correct answer wins a prize?

It's obviously those from the sub-continent (majority Indian) and it's no secret that they have a particularly offensive body odour when they have not applied deodorant. Let's not pussy foot around it ffs.

Different races do have a noticeable BO (if you live in Perth and haven't experienced an indigenous person with BO on a train you are probably lying) but I reckon it's down to socioeconomics more than race. A homeless white guy who hasn't showered for days certainly doesn't smell like roses. I wouldn't want to stand next to me after a game of basketball either.

There do seem to be a higher percentage of Indian people who don't seem to take as much pride in personal hygiene as you'd expect. Not really sure what that's about.

Different races do have a noticeable BO (if you live in Perth and haven't experienced an indigenous person with BO on a train you are probably lying) but I reckon it's down to socioeconomics more than race. A homeless white guy who hasn't showered for days certainly doesn't smell like roses. I wouldn't want to stand next to me after a game of basketball either.

There do seem to be a higher percentage of Indian people who don't seem to take as much pride in personal hygiene as you'd expect. Not really sure what that's about.
Dare I say it, they were perhaps not bought up to respect hygiene as they generally live in lower standard living conditions than us.

Dare I say it, they were perhaps not bought up to respect hygiene as they generally live in lower standard living conditions than us.

I don't think that's it. India is a massive place with a very structured social system. There are plenty of relatively well off Indian people in Australia who in India would be considerably wealthy compared to lower castes. I'd be interested to know the break down of Indian migrants to Australia in terms of skilled migrants, dodgy student visas etc. The cynic in me says it would be a lot easier to move here if you were already middle class than dirt poor.

If you are talking about anyone who migrates from a very poor background in the developing world to a wealthy Western society then it's normal to expect there will be cultural differences but I don't think that's always the case in this example. It would be unfair to paint every Indian migrant to Australia as being from the slums of Mumbai.

I don't think that's it. India is a massive place with a very structured social system. There are plenty of relatively well off Indian people in Australia who in India would be considerably wealthy compared to lower castes. I'd be interested to know the break down of Indian migrants to Australia in terms of skilled migrants, dodgy student visas etc. The cynic in me says it would be a lot easier to move here if you were already middle class than dirt poor.

If you are talking about anyone who migrates from a very poor background in the developing world to a wealthy Western society then it's normal to expect there will be cultural differences but I don't think that's always the case in this example. It would be unfair to paint every Indian migrant to Australia as being from the slums of Mumbai.
My mate has family who are from Chandigarh. They're on the upper end of earnings but not rich or even in the higher class of earnings for that city.

You would have to be from a relatively wealthy family to even be sent out here as a student
A relo hosts a few students (High school) mainly Chinese (so far) they go shopping for Gucci on their days off

You would have to be from a relatively wealthy family to even be sent out here as a student
A relo hosts a few students mainly Chinese (so far) High school they go shopping for Gucci on their days off

There a heap of 'students' here who end up working in 7/11s and driving Ubers full time. It's a govt rort to bring in low paid workers without officially bringing in low paid workers.

I went to uni with a few Indian students and a few second generation Indian students from South Africa. They were all legit students and pretty wealthy.

What the fu** is with that?

When we pop over to Melbs to do some shopping etc we always encounter this and it always seems to be the people of the same ethnicity
Is it against a religion on something?
Put some deodorant on ffs...surely the rest of your family you are out with can smell you?!
Many Arabs here absolutely stink if you get too close, not all but many do. Last week I was in Morocco and didnt notice anything, although maybe the general street smells over-powered the BO.

Thank fu** i dont have a sense of smell
Or it could be worse. Imagine yourself sitting next to a big sweaty human lard and they're silently farting. All those miniscule exogenous gasses with tiny microscopic molecules are being absorbed, in your nose, in your mouth and they become part of you. Those who can smell are aware of this happening and move away, or just stop breathing all together.

Yet here you are, completely unaware, breathing in some slob's ass perfume.

:poo:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back