List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised with Woodcock, seen him play more than a couple of times and was impressed by his work rate. Grundy I’m not surprised. Deserves to be demoted to the rookie list
I like Woodcock and he had a solid first year, but Cox was outstanding at times and I reckon he has gone past Boyd.

Relax everyone, Grundy and Woodcock are going nowhere, this is purely salary cap management and list management. They'll still be at the club next year.

I don't think there's ever been an instance when a club delisted a player, announced that they intend to redraft them to the Rookie List, then another club swooped in at the Rookie Draft and picked them up instead, happy to be corrected

So, that said, this is our list situation now...

In 2019, we had 47 players, 40 senior listed, 5 rookies (including Sutcliffe mid-season addition) and 2 Category B rookies

Jack Trengove, Matthew Broadbent, Aidyn Johnson, Sam Gray, Riley Grundy, Boyd Woodcock, Cam Hewett (rookie), Kai Pudney (Cat. B rookie) delisted; Paddy Ryder, Dougal Howard and Billy Frampton traded

Wylie Buzza signed as a DFA, Jarrod Lienert and Peter Ladhams promoted to the senior list, so that leaves....

34 senior listed players, 2 rookies, 1 Cat. B rookie

So I'm guessing that we'll use four live picks at the draft, 12 and 18, match Mead bid ~20 and a later pick, pass on the last two picks, that would make it 38 senior players

Rookie draft, I'm guessing we'll have four picks, one live pick at #9, next two used to re-draft Grundy and Woodcock, last pick on Trent Burgyone as a F/S selection

I don't think there's ever been an instance when a club delisted a player, announced that they intend to redraft them to the Rookie List, then another club swooped in at the Rookie Draft and picked them up instead, happy to be corrected

Jake Barrett says hello.

Granted I don't think it happens to Woodcock or Grundy, I'd be incredibly surprised if it didn't happen this year. A few teams would be circling Corey Lyons, for example.

Jake Barrett says hello.

Granted I don't think it happens to Woodcock or Grundy, I'd be incredibly surprised if it didn't happen this year. A few teams would be circling Corey Lyons, for example.
Can't see Grundy being taken by anyone, unless Brody make its part of his re-signing deal with Collingwood.

Woodcock it wouldn't surprise me if someone cuts our lunch. Maybe the crows if we both have 1 rookie spot to fill each and a new round starts and they want to stir us up, given they are the pick before us.

Jake Barrett says hello.

If Collingwood had a pick before us, I’d be worried about them poaching Grundy, but they don’t

34 senior listed players, 2 rookies, 1 Cat. B rookie

So I'm guessing that we'll use four live picks at the draft, 12 and 18, match Mead bid ~20 and a later pick, pass on the last two picks, that would make it 38 senior players

Rookie draft, I'm guessing we'll have four picks, one live pick at #9, next two used to re-draft Grundy and Woodcock, last pick on Trent Burgyone as a F/S selection

Pretty much what you'd think. I still think we will try to get 29 under Mead and take 3 kids prior to Mead. It'd be a massive failure if 29 ends up being used on Mead.

4 picks, 3 + Mead, then load up the list with rookies. Hopefully a couple mature agers to help depth.

Looking at it, theres literally no impact on Woodcock and Grundy.

They'll be paid the same, they have still got the same length of contract, they can both still be picked for AFL duties.

The only change is the shuffling of them to the rookie list to manipulate the FS rule and give us 2 extra picks that we will just bundle into the value for Mead.

At first I thought it seemed crazy, but now I can see it's just us exploiting the loop holes. It's good list management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its just good list management. Gives us more live picks we can use for points at the national draft. Also allows us greater flexibility to trade our picks on draft night incase theres a chance to move up the order

Has anyone ever lost a player they delisted but promised to rookie?

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh a few times Delaney wrong spelling went to the cats after the roos promised to redraft him ..

Loads have gone the other way clubs turning a back on a player. just last year Carlton told jed lamb they would pick him up but did a full 360..

Yeh a few times Delaney wrong spelling went to the cats after the roos promised to redraft him ..

Loads have gone the other way clubs turning a back on a player. just last year Carlton told jed lamb they would pick him up but did a full 360..

Delaney was passed over by North Melbourne in the first round of the 2014 rookie draft. Clubs will give other clubs the opportunity to rookie already listed players, but they won't give them a free hit to pick a rookie first and then rookie list a listed player. All players become fair game as soon as you choose to take someone else.

So basically, we already know who we are picking with our first two picks in the rookie draft. There's no one in this draft I'd be taking as a rookie over Grundy and Woodcock.

Risky with a key position player (grundy) in a draft what is weak with talented key position players... dont think anyone would steal him.. but ya never know.

Surprised we haven't asked Fletcher Roberts to train with us as cover on the rookie list.

Risky with a key position player (grundy) in a draft what is weak with talented key position players... dont think anyone would steal him.. but ya never know.
Losing Grundy wouldn't be a concern to anyone. Lose him, just pick up another project kid. Realistically his year was terrible and we have no idea right now about whether he's going to develop. So I don't think we would think twice about it if we lost him.

Woodcock is the one who has done enough this year to say we don't want to lose him.

Early days obviously but from what I have seen of him so far there have to be doubts Grundy will make it at AFL level, it would be no great surprise though ( as already suggested ) the wobblers could draft him to keep Brody happy, ala what we did with the younger Butcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back