News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
why is it getting 'bland' that we haven't messed with the home jumper for three years?

Keeping things 'fresh' and constantly tweaking is the reason we ended up with a striped square on the front of the jumper when the hoops disappeared completely

The jumper is fine, no need to change for change's sake

The only thing I'd do is put yellow cuffs on the end of the long sleeved jumpers
And offering the t-shirt option with the cuffs and collar too
1573687931959.png

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the away jumper is pretty bad, just like what is the point, our brand is the hoops, why bother with a pretty weak chevron instead?

The We Fly As One bird? I think it's one of those things that we like now because of what it represents but as an actual logo, it's pretty uninspiring. This white silhouette version could be the top down view of something a crow might splat from above.

Also, we know there is a connection between winning games of football and fans liking or hating a jumper, why risk the WFAO brand by putting it on a jumper.

Onto the white base, I actually think all clubs should get over it and have an all-white and an all dark jumper, the AFL has softened its stance on clashes recently and some of them, at least on tv, were horrible last year, but if everyone else is doing colour, why are we sticking with the white? Also why do some teams get away with major clashes, but we have to wear white when our home jumper wouldn't clash as much as other teams clashes.

Overall I think if you are doing an away jumper, take a risk and do something non-traditional that people will love/hate, or just stick to the hoops, this is kind of non-offensive, safe, (you can't even say it's for the kids) change for the sake of change.

To bring in more money? I'd do modern, stupid gradients or whatever the designer needs to get out their creative frustrations, over the top creative design for the kids PRESEASON jumper. Older supporters will hate it, the kids will love it type of thing.

Then bring back our own retro/history round, but instead of some faux history/SANFL history jumper, bring out some of the away/clash jumpers from the past.

But every other round of the year, its hoops.

Last edited:

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
I think the away jumper is pretty bad, just like what is the point, our brand is the hoops, why bother with a pretty weak chevron instead?

The We Fly As One bird? I think it's one of those things that we like now because of what it represents but as an actual logo, it's pretty uninspiring. This white silhouette version could be the above view of something a crow might splat from above.

Also, we know there is a connection between winning games of football and fans liking or hating a jumper, why risk the WFAO brand by putting it on a jumper.

Onto the white base, I actually think all clubs should get over it and have an all-white and an all dark jumper, the AFL has softened its stance on clashes recently and some of them, at least on tv, were horrible last year, but if everyone else is doing colour, why are we sticking with the white? Also why do some teams get away with major clashes, but we have to wear white when our home jumper wouldn't clash as much as other teams clashes.

Overall I think if you are doing an away jumper, take a risk and do something non-traditional that people will love/hate, or just stick to the hoops, this is kind of non-offensive, safe, (you can't even say it's for the kids) change for the sake of change.

To bring in more money? I'd do modern, stupid gradients or whatever the designer needs to get out their creative frustrations, over the top creative design for the kids PRESEASON jumper. Older supporters will hate it, the kids will love it type of thing.

Then bring back our own retro/history round, but instead of some faux history/SANFL history jumper, bring out some of the away/clash jumpers from the past.

But every other round of the year, its hoops.

I think our SANFL guernsey would make for a great AFL clash guernsey, hopefully they consider it next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dank Academy

All Australian
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
December 2017:
The Adelaide Crows will have just one alternate guernsey in 2018, with the current predominantly-white design retained.

As per recent years, the Club again turned to its fans for their thoughts on a clash jumper, with the majority in favour of keeping the current version.

"It makes sense that we ask our loyal and passionate supporter base for its opinion and last time we changed our alternate guernsey designs we ran an online poll," Fagan said. "The process was well received and we decided to do the same again this year and clearly, the current white jumper is very popular so we are listening to our fans.

robboaustralia

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs

Guernseys $34.95 delivered. $19.95 Click and collect for WA crows fans.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

Guernseys $34.95 delivered. $19.95 Click and collect for WA crows fans.
Bargain, cheers

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
For those complaining about the new guenerseys being change for change sake just don't buy it simple.

Also next time we don't have a new guernsey don't blame the club for not identifying more ways to make a larger profit.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
For those complaining about the new guenerseys being change for change sake just don't buy it simple.

Also next time we don't have a new guernsey don't blame the club for not identifying more ways to make a larger profit.

I'd prefer we identify more ways to win flags

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I'd prefer we identify more ways to win flags
Of course you would but every club has new guernseys every year yes ours seem shittier than others but if you don't like them don't buy them

Only way the club will learn.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What a dumb decision by the club to get ISC to do our apparel after what happened with BLK. Hadn't learned from what happened with BLK.
BLK went bust for overloading themselves with apparel contracts, and ISC were doing the same thing - was always going to happen.
Should have signed with Asics instead after BLK went bust back in late-2016, they were reportedly the other brand on the table to do our gear.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Isn't ISC already a revived version of itself?

Something like that, they had some financial issues about ten years ago or so.
Don't think ISC are coming out of this at all this time around, they're in deep deep s**t by the sounds of things.

They might not be able to supply us any further for the rest of the season. That could mean we could be forced to work with just whatever has been delivered to the club, or have a third party do some gear for us temporarily in place of ISC (which I noticed Port have done recently). OR possibly we switch suppliers mid-season

Last edited:
Back