Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of no idea. I caught Suma on PR this morning doing Hackdorns spot obviously keeping up the low standard.

He was saying Luke Ryan was a free agent next year. He got questioned on it and said how long is free agency he said 8 years. But he’s only 23? He said maybe it’s 6 years.

But he didn’t even consider he was a mature ager and only been with us for 3 years. He obviously had a quick look at the AFL article which had him out of contract and passed it off as his own research 😂.

Ryan is definitely a major priority but I felt relieved PRs standards haven’t improved since I haven’t been listening.
And some really wanted that bloke as the senior coach. Imagine him involved in live trading for eg. Would have driven Belly insane. What’s worse is he prob would have brought Jacko with him as an assistant.

Speaking of no idea. I caught Suma on PR this morning doing Hackdorns spot obviously keeping up the low standard.

He was saying Luke Ryan was a free agent next year. He got questioned on it and said how long is free agency he said 8 years. But he’s only 23? He said maybe it’s 6 years.

But he didn’t even consider he was a mature ager and only been with us for 3 years. He obviously had a quick look at the AFL article which had him out of contract and passed it off as his own research 😂.

Ryan is definitely a major priority but I felt relieved PRs standards haven’t improved since I haven’t been listening.

Yeah I heard that on the way to work as well. Sumich has spoken quite well on some occassions but that was just terrible research and understanding on his behalf.

You’d expect a potential coach to understand the basics of free agency. Suma got it completely wrong and was obviously miss quoting an article from the AFL site.
Really annoys me that some in the media just blanket use the free agency term when players are out of contract. Suma’s good mate ole crumpets has been guilty of this. Seems he has trained his protoje quite well.

I don't mind Nic Nat but he's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. He should leverage his profile as much as possible while he has it. He's not exactly going to be running a company Clement style in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And some really wanted that bloke as the senior coach. Imagine him involved in live trading for eg. Would have driven Belly insane. What’s worse is he prob would have brought Jacko with him as an assistant.
And Hardie. He even said on PR in the same snippet that Sam Powell Pepper was a free agent next year, did he start in the AFL when he was 14?

Hmm Instagram story just posted by Wilson showing him with crutches at an orthopaedic clinic... 😥
seems odd. Hasn't needed anything like that since the season ended in August (i follow his insta), and hasn't been training yet so not sure why something (if) serious would be dealt with now mid-Nov? Would think any surgery type requirement would have been done in September like for the other players?

Sumich said on PR last week that he’d play Nic Natanui as a ruck rover if he coached the Eagles.

This is despite the on-ballers at their disposal and the fact Nic is elite at tap work and pretty much nothing else.

Maybe if he had gotten the job at Freo we could have seen Switta in the ruck and Fyfe in a back pocket.

gee imagine if we actually picked up McGovern, what a defence!

You know, I’m probably one out on this opinion but after watching that video clip and seeing those stats it got me asking myself the question.

Which player would I prefer in my backline; Luke Ryan or McGovern.

Looking at the intercept ratings for intercepts in play and intercept marks, without any hesitation Luke Ryan is my choice.

A). When the ball goes to ground McGovern is beaten.
B). In terms of speed both straight line and evasion Luke Ryan is far better.
C). Line breaking Ryan is far superior.
D). Kicking sees Ryan so far ahead it’s a ridiculous comparison.

In my opinion I feel if you take McGovern out and put him in another team he would not be anywhere near as effective as he is at wc.
The day is going to come when opponents stop playing to McGovern’s strength by kicking long and high to where he is. That is not so easy against Luke Ryan who is far more mobile.
In terms of playmakers Ryan is better.

McGovern intercepts + Hurn kicking = Ryan. When Pearce is back Hamling + Ryan is a younger version of the WC pair. I'd take our pair now in a heartbeat. Just need the rest of our defence to step up and we will have the best defence.

seems odd. Hasn't needed anything like that since the season ended in August (i follow his insta), and hasn't been training yet so not sure why something (if) serious would be dealt with now mid-Nov? Would think any surgery type requirement would have been done in September like for the other players?
Just confirming

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191114-190628_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20191114-190628_Instagram.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back