The official Bigfooty NBA Week 4 thread (Get your edibles here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not a startling revelation, but the Spurs are going absolutely nowhere this year. 4th-oldest average age in the league, bottom-10 defense, and playing an out-dated, inefficient offensive style - Last in FGA from 0-3 FT, 2nd-last in the league for 3PAr, but 1st in FGA from 16-25 FT, and 2nd if FGA from 10-16 FT. Living in that mid-range no-man's land.

It was the same last year and they were 7th in offensive rating. Currently 9th this year. It’s the other end that’s causing the issues, they can’t make stops. Timberwolves scored 80 in the second and third quarters combined today.

I know there are a few early season contenders like Ingram, Baynes and Wiggins but VanVleet MIP atm... si?

Baynes for sure.

His best avg for a season in the A is 8ppg.

He'd hit 8 3s in the first 5 years of his career. He has hit 25 already this year at 50% (top 10 in the league)

Not sure anyone expected what he is doing tihs year.

It has really changed the way Phoenix can operate too.

Rubio and Booker with space is just danger danger danger.
Traditionally Phoenix have never had a dominant, or excellent role player type centre. Always wing players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you make a shocking season worse?

Add the biggest cancer the league has seen.
Absolutely smells of desperation

Always thought Portland would regress this season but didn’t think it would be to this extent, I guess that’s what happens when you add guys like Hezonja, Tolliver and now Melo to replace your actually useful role players

They and their fans certainly thought they could. Who knows though they may get a good return for Whiteside before the deadline.

I dunno if they (the Blazers) were thinking 'championship' this season so much as 'keep Lillard happy'. Try to win 50 again, or a playoff series.

If not though they probably could have gotten someone like Baynes who would be a nicer fit and saved having to trade guys for Whiteside.

It's doubtful they could have landed Baynes, as Boston wanted to dump him to free up cap space. Portland is/was capped to hell, but Phoenix had the ability to absorb his contract. People laughed at the Suns for doing so as well.

Portland's cap situation is actually also a contributing problem this season. They traded for Whiteside and Bazemore to keep things afloat, which isn't working, but none of the big contracts they sent out were good deals either - Leonard, Turner, etc.

They lost Jake Layman, who is doing nicely in Minny, for peanuts too. Luckily for them Whiteside and Bazemore's deals expire at the end of the season, which will give them more money to play with.

Clippers won't win a chip with fraud Doc Rivers as coach. (Even Del Harris or Vinny Del Negro could have coached that stacked Celtics 08 team to the promised land)

I'm not the biggest fan of Doc's whining demeanour, but he coached a team with no stars to 48 wins last season. Vinny Del Negro he is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back