List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Worrell's write up on Draft Central screams Monty pick. He may take the recruiters hostage.

Despite his feats forward of centre, Worrell’s best traits more-so suit his primary centre half-back role. The Sandringham product is terrific in the air, boding well for that intercept game. His knack of drifting across and clunking strong overhead marks is often the highlight of each game, with Worrell’s reading of the play truly high-level. That then brings his second prong into play, with Worrell’s kicking right up there with his marking ability.

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/player/joshua-worrell/

If we ended up with a haul of Kemp, Worrell, Cassar and Mead...which is entirely possible...then I'd be sending a Christmas card to Howard thanking him for ******* off.

If this happens, and Howard didn't leave, our haul would be Kemp or better, Howard, Cassar and Mead

Worrell will be miles better than Howard for the style we want to play. We need an intercept marker, not an intercept spoiler.

Worrell will be miles better than Howard for the style we want to play. We need an intercept marker, not an intercept spoiler.

By the time Worrell is ready to step up and play regular AFL football, we'll almost certainly have new coaches and probably an entirely different style we want to play.

waaaaaaait...

just watched Worrells video on AFL website and he describes himself as a third tall defender/half back flanker. Everyone was up in arms about howard leaving and no one to take the ben browns of the world. What difference does another Lienert make (not just the hair), am i missing something here

Read the funniest or stupidest comment from a crows person.

Basically they said that the crows should bid on Mead at Pick 4 to make Port use the higher picks to match this, and specially try stuff Port around.

Oh my I laughed, not sure they understand what happens if Port didn't match with a bit that high.
This would be amazing.

waaaaaaait...

just watched Worrells video on AFL website and he describes himself as a third tall defender/half back flanker. Everyone was up in arms about howard leaving and no one to take the ben browns of the world. What difference does another Lienert make (not just the hair), am i missing something here
For one Lienert isn't good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bianco is only clean when he has time and space to use the ball. Otherwise he is a turnover merchant. I can't believe the amount of people this year who are calling him an elite user of the ball. He's anything but. I have no doubt he'll have an AFL career, but he's a very low priority for me. I just don't see it with him.

Bergman i've got a fair way down the list. Could be a flash in the pan for me.

pace and skills have to be a priority this year. I don't want us to draft anyone that our coaches need to spend time refining how to kick, handball, mark or breathe.

This would be a pretty clear top 10 (not necessarily in order, but these would be the top 10 players) for Port IMO.

Rowell
Anderson
Green
Young
Ash
Flanders
Stephens
Kemp
Serong
McAsey

Somebody will take Jackson before our pick, that's almost certain. So basically we need somebody to bid on Liam Henry before 10 or somebody to jump early on somebody like Weightman or Robertson before 12, or else it's head to Chris Davies' office with our torch and pitchforks time.

To be honest I'd still be pretty annoyed if we only ended up with McAsey at 12, not because I don't rate him but because of the trade that got us pick 12 in the first place. Surely we'd have been much better off with Howard plus whichever of Young/Ash/Flanders/Stephens/Kemp/Serong slides to 10 (because barring Green getting past GWS, at least one of them will still be there at 10) rather than McAsey plus whatever dregs we get left with at 18.

This would be a pretty clear top 10 (not necessarily in order, but these would be the top 10 players) for Port IMO.

Rowell
Anderson
Green
Young
Ash
Flanders
Stephens
Kemp
Serong
McAsey

Somebody will take Jackson before our pick, that's almost certain. So basically we need somebody to bid on Liam Henry before 10 or somebody to jump early on somebody like Weightman or Robertson before 12, or else it's head to Chris Davies' office with our torch and pitchforks time.

To be honest I'd still be pretty annoyed if we only ended up with McAsey at 12, not because I don't rate him but because of the trade that got us pick 12 in the first place. Surely we'd have been much better off with Howard plus whichever of Young/Ash/Flanders/Stephens/Kemp/Serong slides to 10 (because barring Green getting past GWS, at least one of them will still be there at 10) rather than McAsey plus whatever dregs we get left with at 18.
Carlton will bid on Henry at 9 if he still there

Can't see him being there at 12 either to be honest, but would be a good pick up if He is.

I'm hopeful that Fraser is there at out pick 18.

I am more convinced that the crows will grab Stephens at Pick 4 now than I was a week ago. He's a hard running mid with a great leg, he's what they are badly lacking and from SA. As I have said before they are a reactive bunch and will still be spooked from last year and all of there previous Vic drafted players leaving.

That means that another player slips through a little more. Will be interesting to see what we are looking at.

If the crows want Stephens, and they have half a brain, they will swap their first pick with GWS (as long as Melbourne don't bid on Green). Rumour was they were going to throw in next year's 1st round as well. Not bad if they are hell bent on getting the SA lad, by swapping pick 4 for 6 and getting around pick 14-18 next year as well.

With their recent history, they are likely to do something completely random though.

“Despite the setback he still shapes as a possible top-20 selection, with Port Adelaide and Geelong considering him. Although he has been moved around positionally (even using his leap in the ruck at times), Worrell is confident he'll start his career in one spot.

"I'm very competitive at ground level and in the air I bring a fair bit of pressure so they're my biggest things," he said.

"The position I prefer is probably as a third tall defender, so that ability to roll off and intercept the ball but get pretty offensive as well.

"Clubs seem to like me down back more than anywhere. I haven't found a club yet that's preferred me forward."”

Worrell is like the fifth player we’ve been linked to with 18.

We’re going to get at least three good players out of this draft, possibly four, which is better than I thought at the start of the year.

we Have a whole back line of 'third talls'. It's a no from me.

Read the funniest or stupidest comment from a crows person.

Basically they said that the crows should bid on Mead at Pick 4 to make Port use the higher picks to match this, and specially try stuff Port around.

Oh my I laughed, not sure they understand what happens if Port didn't match with a bit that high.
And Mead requests a trade to Port 12 months later :)

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"The position I prefer is probably as a third tall defender, so that ability to roll off and intercept the ball but get pretty offensive as well.
Well that puts me right off. We've Clurey as the only one good as a main defender (and only on players 195cm or under) and the rest are either raw as hell (Grundy if gotten back), quasi-talls or repurposed forwards/utilities (Hoff, Watts). I don't want a third tall defender drafted before we've used 12, 18 and 29, way too far down our list of needs.

Well that puts me right off. We've Clurey as the only one good as a main defender (and only on players 195cm or under) and the rest are either raw as hell (Grundy if gotten back), quasi-talls or repurposed forwards/utilities (Hoff, Watts). I don't want a third tall defender drafted before we've used 12, 18 and 29, way too far down our list of needs.

Chad Cornes was a repurposed forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back