List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

What a story. Good luck to the kid. Can he play?
Was a very speculative rookie pick. Has been ok in the VFL, tackles a lot, but doesn't kick a stack of goals or collect much of the footy.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sounds just like turner does it not... plenty of tackles but very little possession or goals...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah and I don't even want him in the forward line let alone another one.

There must be a few quick smalls around Australia that can quick goals - if we can't get Pickett

Was a very speculative rookie pick. Has been ok in the VFL, tackles a lot, but doesn't kick a stack of goals or collect much of the footy.
Doesn't sound like someone that we need to be honest.
Poor man's Turner?

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

There must be a few quick smalls around Australia that can quick goals - if we can't get Pickett

Agree neither do I! the only positive is he could be a replacement for turner but concern he ain’t much of an upgrade. Surely if we do move up slightly to early 20s must be able to get Pickett or Taylor

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
A touch more upside, maybe.

Turner has shown a lot more, which isn’t saying much for Jones.

I really like Kayne, but he doesn't have the recovery and acceleration to press multiple opponents in quick succession. It's a physical constraint not that he's unwilling.

If Jones has the ability to press, quickly regroup and press again in a different direction this is something we lack. Zurhaar does it but having a smaller more nimble player adding to the chaos might be helpful.

LT and Campbell at their peak did this quite well.

I really like Kayne, but he doesn't have the recovery and acceleration to press multiple opponents in quick succession. It's a physical constraint not that he's unwilling.

If Jones has the ability to press, quickly regroup and press again in a different direction this is something we lack. Zurhaar does it but having a smaller more nimble player adding to the chaos might be helpful.

That’s what I was alluding to, but I’ve only seen highlights and second hand descriptions of Jones.

Last edited:

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Miers had a great season, and Narkle finished 2019 strongly. Squeezed out perhaps. Happy to have him compete with Turner, or even both play. May be good for Kayne, he might actually kick some goals

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I agree. Turner is just the T1000 running in a straight line locking onto his target.

The only problem is instead of incorporating Skynet's technology...he got Forest Gumps.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Miers had a great season, and Narkle finished 2019 strongly. Squeezed out perhaps. Happy to have him compete with Turner, or even both play. May be good for Kayne, he might actually kick some goals

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tough to compete with both miers and narkle. Happy to compete but no way can play both... if we are revamping the mid the half forward will need to house ziebel Higgins potentially hall plus all that played there last year and hosie competing too

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A touch more upside, maybe.

Turner has shown a lot more, which isn’t saying much for Jones.

I can’t see the point myself, sooner get a small fed in the draft

Flash Narrier

I agree. Turner is just the T1000 running in a straight line locking onto his target.

The only problem is instead of incorporating Skynet's technology...he got Forest Gumps.

proxy.php

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Richmond have won two premierships with 6 blokes just like him.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Fair, but in all fairness, all 6 of them offer more than Turner.

Even the offcut Butler did.

Bullshit. Pack up your rod and move further down the pier mate.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Richmond have won two premierships with 6 blokes just like him.
Really only Butler resembles Kayne as a player. All of Rioli, Castangna, and Higgins are very different footballers and much more effective forwards. Hell even Butler is statistically superior, and they basically delisted him.

Both Richmond and West Coast demonstrated you can build a forward line around smaller types IF they are able to both pressure, set up scores and hit the scoreboard themselves.

On the other hand, we currently have one small forward, who rates poor for goals, poor for score involvements, average for tackles inside 50, average for forward pressure and average for one percenters.

Imo, he's the embodiment of 'tries hard, not quite good enough'; and we desperately need to upgrade our small forward stocks at this draft.

Back