Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Score: Ross Lyon in mix for major roles in radio and TV for 2020 AFL season
Scott GullanHerald Sun
Friday, 15 November 2019 10:01AM

1573783534527_da298d33a37f3c5c14269580c53f2444.jpeg
Credit: Supplied

Ross Lyon is set to be a major player in the AFL media landscape next year with the ex-Fremantle coach in the mix for two big roles across radio and TV.
The former Fremantle coach is understood to be high on the wish list for two major roles on radio and TV.
Channel 9’s Footy Classified is set for a restructure next year with Lyon seen as a perfect fit as a panellist, replacing Brownlow Medallist Chris Judd.
The talk show is set to expand to two nights – Monday and Tuesday – with Nine contemplating pushing it into prime time at 7.30pm or 8pm.
Lyon’s unique style, quick wit and dry sense of humour, along with his extensive experience in the AFL industry, ticks a lot of boxes.
There will be a rotating panel across the two nights of Footy Classified with original hosts Craig Hutchison and Caroline Wilson likely to be kept to one appearance only per week.
1573783534527_0389942afb183bd82984de3ace799706.jpeg
Credit: Supplied
Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd, who joined in 2013, will remain with the show while Port Adelaide premiership tagger Kane Cornes and SEN’s Sam McClure have been mentioned as other possible additions.
Lyon’s other potential gig is alongside Gerard Healy on the top rating drivetime Sports Today program on 3AW.
The Crocmedia-run program is looking for a replacement for Dwayne Russell who after 15 years with the 6pm show is moving over to SEN where he will host the afternoon program in 2020.
Lyon’s name is on a list of candidates for the coveted role along with Fox Sports’ Tom Morris, 3AW caller Bruce Eva and McClure.

Cheers.

Given Ross' reputation for being belligerent with the media it'll be interesting to see him joining their ranks.

That’s the thing he doesn’t have a problem with Victorian media, only WA media. He is and has always been very friendly with Fox Footy, 3AW and SEN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell that to Whateley

He has a problem with ONE person. Doesn’t mean he won’t go on Fox or SEN. He just won’t go on when Whateley is there.

Back on the Whateley feud. Whateley said he believes Ross Lyon’s wife has more of a problem with him than Ross Lyon himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be in the minority but I always found him boring in what he said and how he said it. Doubt I'll be watching/listening to anything he is on.

He has a problem with ONE person. Doesn’t mean he won’t go on Fox or SEN. He just won’t go on when Whateley is there.

Back on the Whateley feud. Whateley said he believes Ross Lyon’s wife has more of a problem with him than Ross Lyon himself.

Are you surprised ? Whateley was entirely out of order when he attacked Ross on his appointment with Fremantle.
Whateley deserved to be sought out in person and punched in the face.

Last edited:
if he was to trash freo in the media it would break my heart
Was interesting to read the positive Fremantle comments from Cuddles recently when talking about the possibility of Ash being drafted here. He was treated far worse than Lyon was. Coaches would realise that they are scrutinised and judged in a brutal fashion.

Was interesting to read the positive Fremantle comments from Cuddles recently when talking about the possibility of Ash being drafted here. He was treated far worse than Lyon was. Coaches would realise that they are scrutinised and judged in a brutal fashion.

If we did end up with Ash I think Fremantle could have a great club ambassador in Victoria, in Chris Connolly.

He won this year's WA sport radio's click-bait award. It's also known as the Clickbaity. Like the Oscar's or Grammy's but slightly more local.

Interesting that Bulldogs are selling their Pokies to Vic Racing.
Means that 7 clubs make money from Pokies now :

Hawthorn (most money), Carlton (most pokies), Bombers, Richmond (greedy), St Kilda(need the money)
Lions & Port only clubs o/side of Vicco to have them.

Pretty poor form of these clubs to profit from gambling addicted low income people!
Really makes you uncomfortable about how the AFL is such a money grabbing institution!!

So Sumich has apparently gone into bat for Lyon - ie says that he did try to coach skills. Anyone with a West subscription able to post the article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back