Player Watch Trent Cotchin - Elite

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
How so?

Cotchins tummy punching is up there with Stranton's pinching on Orazio scummy tactics
Everyone tummy punching until the AFL cracked down on it. He got away with a few no doubt, but in those days there was no penalty

and..
"It was the sixth time Fletcher had been reported for tripping. He is the only AFL player to be suspended for tripping by hand after serving one match for upending North Melbourne's Anthony Stevens in 2004."

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Honestly Captain Chaos clearly doesnt know how to kick a ball

That was a 50 mtr stab pass and if Cotch was going for goal the ball would have travelled higher than 10 mtrs off the ground and absolutely no follow through in that kick where in a proper kick the follow through would be alot higher

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Sigh... No midfielder has ever been described as an elite mid purely for what they do off the ball. It does not happen he is a brilliant player in the Richmond system but that does not make him elite.

If australian rules football, had a computer game the equivalent of 'football / championship manager' (association football simulation game)

in which the players 'attributes' are broken down into technical, psychical, mentality

the Cotchin stats on AFL manager 2020 would be something like:

Aggression 20 (out of 20)
Anticipation 19
Bravery 20
Composure 20
Concentration 19
Decisions 18
Determination 20
Flair 17
Leadership 20
Off the Ball 20
Positioning 19
Teamwork 20
Vision 18
Workrate 20

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
If australian rules football, had a computer game the equivalent of 'football / championship manager' (association football simulation game)

in which the players 'attributes' are broken down into technical, psychical, mentality

the Cotchin stats on AFL manager 2020 would be something like:

Aggression 20 (out of 20)
Anticipation 19
Bravery 20
Composure 20
Concentration 19
Decisions 18
Determination 20
Flair 17
Leadership 20
Off the Ball 20
Positioning 19
Teamwork 20
Vision 18
Workrate 20
I mean... sure? I guess?

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
To me I think Richmond fans have massive blinkers on with Cotchin. It is really only Richmond fans who are saying Cotchin is elite, everyone else is saying he is a very good player but nothing more than that. Richmond have 2 elite players, and Cotchin is not one of them.

you have to account for the salt factor, the wounds are still fresh for many

4/5/10 years itll be different

Trent Voss Chimp Cotchin, mark my words

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
you have to account for the salt factor, the wounds are still fresh for many

4/5/10 years itll be different

Trent Voss Chimp Cotchin, mark my words

Then explain why opposition supporters freely admit Martin and Rance are elite? If us saying Cotchin is not elite was down to us not liking Richmond then surely that would mean we could not say Martin and Rance are elite as well?

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Then explain why opposition supporters freely admit Martin and Rance are elite? If us saying Cotchin is not elite was down to us not liking Richmond then surely that would mean we could not say Martin and Rance are elite as well?

It would be pretty hard to say Richmond has no elite players while reality's slapping you in the face with the premiership cup.

Back