Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to run on to much emotion.

100% correct, and this is the problem.

These folks are the lab mice in Edward Bernays's great "social conditioning" experiment.

They vacuum up everything that spews out of the left/right political paradigm assembly line, then defend it with the fervent conviction typically witnessed in a religious zealot, when in fact they are clueless as to how to properly disseminate the topic at hand from an individual perspective.

Any challenge to the inserted dogma is then met with emotional outrage.............due to the dogma originally being emotionally inserted in the first place.

In order to be "woke", first you have to be "awake".

These folks are the lab mice in Edward Bernays's great "social conditioning" experiment.

They vacuum up everything that spews out of the left/right political paradigm assembly line, then defend it with the fervent conviction typically witnessed in a religious zealot, when in fact they are clueless as to how to properly disseminate the topic at hand from an individual perspective.

Any challenge to the inserted dogma is then met with emotional outrage.............due to the dogma originally being emotionally inserted in the first place.

Thats very Interesting. The people that swarm into Group Identification, end up lacking critical thinking, which makes critical introspection impossible.
(Same as us a footy game, blaming umpires)

It says that Group Identification targets those with suppressed and hidden desires.
I can see how that makes sense with Feminism for example, and dare I guess that they feel powerlessness somewhere deeply suppressed.

The alluring dream of capturing CO2 from the atmosphere. Needs some $$

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

When did I say they weren't free to dress and act however they want? When did I say society should ban it? Hint: I didn't.

It was my opinion, and in my opinion, they look like a bunch of dickheads. I am allowed to have that opinion. Just like they are allowed to say "we don't give a fu** about your opinion"

It was simply highlighting how far we've fallen. Instead, you turned it into "yeah but what about the people in the middle-east!"

Val, you can wear bras and lippy all you want mate. Good for you I say. I'm still going to shake my head and laugh at the stupidity of it.

Nah that ain’t it. Tell me what year the black and white photo was taken and I’ll tell you why western society is better now

Question: So what exactly is “it” that these people possess?

Answer: Executive Presence

What is Executive Presence?

Sylvia Ann Hewlett states that Executive Presence is seen in the way you act, look and sound.

People with executive presence exhibit confidence, competence, poise, effective communication skills and the ability to remain calm in the eye of the storm -all fundamental characteristics of executive presence.

If you don’t look, act and sound like an executive or leader, it will be extremely difficult to be perceived as one or to become one.

Here’s the really good news. Executive Presence can be learned.

3 Key Ingredients Essential to Executive Presence

1. Gravitas – how you act or behave is perhaps the single most important component of Executive Presence.

If you want to be an executive/leader, you must act like one by exhibiting authenticity, competence, confidence, trustworthiness, poise and an ability to remain calm in the eye of the storm.

People with executive presence treat everyone with respect and dignity, regardless of their position within the company.

Their behavior towards others displays a genuine interest in who they are as a person first – and what they do as a professional second.

Want to increase your gravitas?

Increase your self-awareness.

The more you understand yourself, and what makes you tick, the more executive presence you will display. Increased self-awareness will directly impact the way you behave and act towards others.

2. Effective Communication Skills

The ability to communicate effectively is an essential component of executive presence.

Exemplary verbal & non-verbal communication skills are consistently demonstrated - along with the ability to actively listen to others.

Active Listening allows you to hear what is not being said – and ascertain the question that is not being asked.

These are invaluable skills for any leader (and parent for that matter).

Effective communication allows you to connect with others. And isn’t that the goal of all forms of communication?

Want to improve your Communication Skills?

Executive coaching, self-help books, attending workshops and seminars and asking for open honest feedback about your communication skills from colleagues and friends will all improve your ability to effectively communicate.

3. Award Winning Appearance – how you look.

Make no mistake about it, people make a snap judgment about who you are and what your level of competency is based upon your appearance.

Therefore, it’s obvious that your appearance plays a huge role in how you are perceived.

Want Your Look Like You Got “IT”?

Dress appropriately.

Wear clothes that are not too loose or restrictive and appropriate for your company’s corporate culture.

Practice good personal hygiene including healthy teeth.

Extend a firm handshake, make appropriate eye contact, exhibit positive body language and utilize good posture.

These aspects of our appearance speak volumes about who we are and how we feel about ourselves – and will influence what others think of us. (Like it or not – this is a fact)!

Executive presence is an important tool for your success.

You can readily increase your executive presence by demonstrating the above 3 key characteristics – so you, too, can have “IT!”

You been reading Cleo again?

Thats very Interesting. The people that swarm into Group Identification, end up lacking critical thinking, which makes critical introspection impossible.
(Same as us a footy game, blaming umpires)

Nailed it again.

Study Bernays & co., and the insanity exhibited by the world will start to make perfect sense. These people were/are the architects of mainstream contemporary society.

It says that Group Identification targets those with suppressed and hidden desires.
I can see how that makes sense with Feminism for example, and dare I guess that they feel powerlessness somewhere deeply suppressed.

This is how "the mob" are herded in modern western societies.

Study Bernays & co. and the insanity exhibited by the world will start to make perfect sense.

These people are the architects of mainstream contemporary society.

This is how "the mob" are herded in modern western societies.

I can give lots of leniency to the younger for falling into the mob mentality. Afterall self reflection isn't a necessary requiremt when finding your way in the world.

But 35 onward, you have to question how does one not start learning from their mistakes?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I can give lots of leniency to the younger for falling into the mob mentality. Afterall self reflection isn't a necessary requiremt when finding your way in the world.

The masses that fall victim to this are not "bad" people, because if they had the requisite awareness to self reflect on the matter, then they would also have the ability to not be swayed by it. The system has become very good at manufacturing "echo chamber experts", look no further than this particular "climate" subject. There's "experts" everywhere, but I doubt very, very few of them have the requisite abilities to interpret the basic analytical data (i.e. the determined facts).

A balanced thinker should also analyse whether the world is actually a better place because of this "social conditioning" of the masses, as I tend to believe that the people with higher intelligence who institute these programs, are actually doing it from a benevolent perspective.

But 35 onward, you have to question how does one not start learning from their mistakes?

This conditioning is VERY powerful mate, and it has been known amongst the true intelligentsia for a very long time.

Look no further than religion.

"Give me a child until he is seven, and I will show you the man" - Aristotle

Last edited:

I get that you’re showing how people deliberately brainwash the public. It’s just interesting that you would use Chomsky considering his position on the topic you’re discussing, climate change. If he was typing in this board he’d be labeled hysterical on the topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that you’re showing how people deliberately brainwash the public. It’s just interesting that you would use Chomsky considering his position on the topic you’re discussing, climate change. If he was typing in this board he’d be labeled hysterical on the topic.

You're exhibiting classical group think mentality again mate. I DELIBERATELY inserted Chomsky as a means to circumvent left wing group think, and explain Bernays/social conditioning, and you seek an out of context loophole to avoid my point then press gang an unrelated matter in to your existing political belief system. You are locked in to a self reinforcing political loop, can't you see that?

Declare war on your conditioning!

You're exhibiting classical group think mentality again mate. I DELIBERATELY inserted Chomsky as a means to circumvent left wing group think, and explain Bernays/social conditioning, and you seek an out of context loophole to avoid my point then press gang an unrelated matter in to your existing political belief system. You are locked in to a self reinforcing political loop, can't you see that?

Declare war on your conditioning!

The same applies to your thinking brother

The same applies to your thinking brother

I'm a ****ing anarchist!!!!!!

So yeah, it does.

I'm not locked in to any of the political bullshit, and when it comes to science, this is the absolute best position to have, because the scientific method doesn't give two flying *s about anyone's "feelings", politics, professional lies, activist delusions and the like.

Water boils at 100C/0.101325 MPa whether you "like" it, or not.

I'm a ****ing anarchist!!!!!!

So yeah, it does.

I'm not locked in to any of the political bullshit, and when it comes to science, this is the absolute best position to have, because the scientific method doesn't give two flying fu**s about anyone's "feelings", politics, professional liars, delusional activists and the like.

Are you an anarchist in the true representation of anarchy?

Are you an anarchist in the true representation of anarchy?

Do you even understand "the true representation of anarchy"?

I recommend you do some reading, because it will certainly assist you in breaking free of the bubble.

Do you even understand "the true representation of anarchy"?

I recommend you do some reading, because it will certainly assist you in breaking free of the bubble.

I don’t read, I listen. I literally listened to Chomsky explain what anarchism is yesterday. Makes perfect sense to me.

Last edited:
Anyway my original point was that the counter argument could be made that the people washing down climate change could, and are using the same tactic of brainwashing people that climate change is just an overblown conspiracy used by crazy lefty greeny hippies.

I don’t read, I listen. I literally listened to Chomsky explain what traditional anarchy is yesterday. Makes perfect sense to me.

You're listening to second hand stories again. You're listening to CHOMSKY'S view of anarchism. He is no more an authority on the subject than any other anarchist, as that is a core principle of anarchism. You embrace the basic fundamentals consistently with regard to all, and then find your own means of expression in line with that belief sytem.

I draw political inspiration from Socrates, Nietzsche, Marx, Goldman, Proudhon, Thoreau, Bakunin, Kropotkin, Debs, Stirner, Camus, Carter, Killigrew, Barassi, Pagan, and many, many others, but I utilise certain aspects of their philosophies to assist me with forming my own (i.e. anarchism). I don't blindly follow any of them word for word. If I did that then I would just as likely be one of the current flock.

Last edited:
Anyway my original point was that the counter argument could be made that the people washing down climate change could, and are using the same tactic of brainwashing people that climate change is just an overblown conspiracy used by crazy lefty greeny hippies.

OF COURSE!!!!!

Now you are "thinking"!!!

You're listening to second hand stories again. You're listening to CHOMSKY'S view of anarchism. He is no more an authority on the subject than any other anarchist, as that is a core principle of anarchism. You embrace the basic fundamentals consistently with regard to all, and then find your own means of expression in line with that belief sytem.

I draw political inspiration from Socrates, Nietzsche, Marx, Goldman, Proudhon, Thoreau, Bakunin, Kropotkin, Debs, Stirner, Camus, Carter, Killigrew, Barassi, Pagan, and many, many others, but I utilise certain aspects of their philosophies to assist me with forming my own (i.e. anarchism). I don't blindly follow any of them word for word. If I did that then I would just as likely be one of the current flock.
Bukowski would be livid not making it to the naming section!

How the manipulation of empathy leads to polarization.

1573889962807.png

From Wired magazine:

The study had two parts. In the first part, Americans who scored high on an empathy scale showed higher levels of “affective polarization”—defined as the difference between the favorability rating they gave their political party and the rating they gave the opposing party. In the second part, undergraduates were shown a news story about a controversial speaker from the opposing party visiting a college campus. Students who had scored higher on the empathy scale were more likely to applaud efforts to deny the speaker a platform.

It gets worse. These high-empathy students were also more likely to be amused by reports that students protesting the speech had injured a bystander sympathetic to the speaker. That’s right: According to this study, people prone to empathy are prone to schadenfreude.

This study is urgently important—though not because it’s a paradigm shifter, shedding radically new light on our predicament. As the authors note, their findings are in many ways consistent with conclusions reached by other scholars in recent years. But the view of empathy that’s emerging from this growing body of work hasn’t much trickled down to the public. And public understanding of it may be critical to shifting America’s political polarization into reverse somewhere between here and the abyss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back