Bale as puggery

E0C7EC17-8F88-4B2C-A987-243E84237B45.jpeg

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
trying to keep abreast of an increasingly technical and scientific footy world..need to pull my sox up.
anyone know where the Hall fight is being discussed?
i'll go looking...
For my money hall should have won that.

if i was to be offered 1 million to take one of all of the punches the fighters took id take the ones barry copped.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
For my money hall should have won that.

if i was to be offered 1 million to take one of all of the punches the fighters took id take the ones barry copped.
Just saw the highlights, some good connects there by both fighters, Hall stood up well, gave as good as he got. (a bit disappointed, was hoping he'd get KO'd) ...and he was even a good sport at the end!
It was all a bit of a circus and everyone walked away richer for the experience (except some punters and ticket buyers?)
I suspect it's a shady business, almost as shady as the nags and the AFL?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Just saw the highlights, some good connects there by both fighters, Hall stood up well, gave as good as he got. (a bit disappointed, was hoping he'd get KO'd) ...and he was even a good sport at the end!
It was all a bit of a circus and everyone walked away richer for the experience (except some punters and ticket buyers?)
I suspect it's a shady business, almost as shady as the nags and the AFL?
Boxing is about as bad as it gets

gee willakers we made ten mill in ppv

shall we call it a draw?

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I don’t understand why the players get so much time off after the season ends. Less than 10 years ago it was one month off and then three years ago it blew out to two months.

Now, it is almost three months. No wonder coaches can’t change game plans.

I mean the Eagles were beaten on Friday, September 13 and don’t start training until the first week in December and then have another two to three weeks off during Christmas/New Year.

I mean sign me up now to a job where I get a minimum of three months of holidays a year on a base of $250,000.

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I don’t understand why the players get so much time off after the season ends. Less than 10 years ago it was one month off and then three years ago it blew out to two months.

I mean the Eagles were beaten on Friday, September 13 and don’t start training until the first week in December and then have another two to three weeks off during Christmas/New Year.

I mean sign me up now to a job where I get a minimum of three months of holidays a year on a base of $250,000.

Might be a reason players are having longer careers. Less wear and tear. AFL is a brutal sport on the body.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC

Well if they started too early they would probably be burnt out at the beginning of the season.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Prized AFL recruit Tim Kelly to make early start at West Coast Eagles training

West Coast’s boom recruit Tim Kelly is set to be the star attraction on Monday when the club kick-starts its assault on the 2020 premiership with its first pre-season training session at Mineral Resources Park.
Kelly, a sensation in his first two seasons at Geelong before asking to be traded home to WA for family reasons, will hit the track with fellow first-to-fourth-year players but may not be back in full training for up to three weeks.
Eagles football manager Craig Vozzo said the club had given Kelly some choice in planning his pre-season and would not treat him like a first-to-fourth-year player, even though 2020 will be just his third season.
Kelly’s mature age (25) and the fact that Geelong went all the way to a preliminary final this year were factors in the way West Coast would treat him.
“We have given him autonomy really to pick and choose like we do with the senior players. We haven’t treated him like a one-to four-year player,” Vozzo told The Weekend West.
Kelly took his family to India and the Maldives for a holiday recently and has also spent time relocating back to Perth from Geelong. The family has been set up in temporary accommodation until a permanent residence is established.
Kelly’s manager Anthony Van Der Wielen said the crack midfielder was keen to hit the track.
“I don’t know whether he will be training with the main group but I expect him to be at training,” Van Der Wielen said.
“He is actually not due back for three weeks but I think he wants to get familiar with the new facility.
“When you get to a new club you want to meet the younger players, who you might not know of, you want to familiarise yourself with the coaches and the facility and all those sorts of things.
“He wants to start and they are saying that they want him at the club and involved but they don’t want him starting too early, they want him to have his rest. I think they are wanting to nurse him a little bit because it is a long season.
Van Der Wielen described Kelly as “one hundred per cent” after a second stellar year at Geelong. He finished second in their best and fairest and fifth in the Brownlow Medal.
“If he had his way it would be (full training) Monday,” Van Der Wielen. “He is a competitive beast.”

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
West Coast Eagles young gun Oscar Allen set for dual roles in 2020 after football manager Craig Vozzo confirms secondary defence focus
West Coast young gun Oscar Allen could be destined for a role similar to the club’s 2006 premiership swingman Adam Hunter with club football manager Craig Vozzo confirming he would have a “dual training focus” this summer.
Allen, who is expected to resume training with the Eagles first to fourth year players on Monday, will spend time training with both the forwards and defenders this summer as West Coast looks to tailor a training program to fit both Allen’s career development and their own list requirements.
Allen has played 23 games in two seasons at West Coast, including 21 last season when, used primarily as a forward and occasionally as a back up ruckman, he kicked 20 goals.
But he did not play in either of West Coast’s finals, listed as unavailable because of soreness in the first against Essendon and not selected for the second final against Geelong when Nic Naitanui and Tom Hickey shared the ruck duties.
Vozzo said time spent training with the defence would be a “secondary focus” for Allen who will still do the bulk of his training with the forward line group.
But the Eagles are clearly keeping options open for the 20-year-old who has played pinch hitting roles in defence already a couple of times in his two seasons in the AFL.
The Eagles still expect Josh Kennedy to spearhead their attack in 2020 with Jack Darling in support but, with Kennedy turning 33 next year it could be his last season.
PERTH, AUSTRALIA - AUGUST 11: Oscar Allen of the Eagles celebrates after scoring a goal during the 2019 AFL round 21 match between the West Coast Eagles and the Adelaide Crows at Optus Stadium on August 11, 2019 in Perth, Australia. (Photo by Will Russell/AFL Photos)

It took the Eagles two thirds of the season to settle Jake Waterman into their attack on a consistent basis. Waterman finished the year playing 13 games for 15 goals as the third forward in atatck.
At the other end Will Schofield as a one year deal and will turn 31 while Tom Barrass had injury concerns early this year and form and confidence issues late in the season.
Josh Rotham, 21, played solidly as a third defender in a couple of games this year but has played just four AFL games so far and the club is still trying to figure out a role for Jarrod Brander who has also played at both ends.
Hunter played 151 games for the Eagles between 2000 and 2009 and was a 190cm key position player who played primarily as a defender but was often swung forward by coach John Worsfold.
He was a key figure in the 2006 premiership and in the famous rivalry with Sydney between 2005 and 2007.
He kicked two critical late goals in the 2005 Qualifying final, and two more in the grand final in West Coast’s second half rally.
In 2006 he kicked four goals in the Eagles come from behind preliminary final win against Adelaide followed by a critical goal in the premiership decider against the Swans.

Back