Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s growing on me. He’s been a privilege to watch the last 2 games. It feels great to have a quality creative playmaker in the team.
He had a lot of touches today which is only a good thing. I was unsure of him playing a deeper role but he's done quite well honestly.

Gotta admit he's growing very quickly too.

He's quickly making the fans stand up too.

His passing was hit and miss today but he was still one of the better players on the field. And more incisive than most.

It was such a scrappy performance from us today. Sloppy passing, players on different wavelengths, basic errors.

We didn’t play well but we won. Onto CCM then.

Jakobsen was best on for mine, Troisi second, Izzo third.

It was such a scrappy performance from us today. Sloppy passing, players on different wavelengths, basic errors.

We didn’t play well but we won.
I know it’s early goings, but like I said the other day, this is reminding me of our championship season. We just grind out the wins even if we’re not playing well.

Hopefully we get the same result!

Other than Cup final night we are yet to hit top gear. Teams will sit back against us and make it hard for us.

Kitto I can accept being average defensively because he’s not a defender (although certain lapses are not acceptable) but as a full back he gets afforded far more time and space than as a winger and he clearly has a license to attack but as an attacking fullback he has been terrible this season. Shooting, passing, crossing etc has been horrible.

Kitto I can accept being average defensively because he’s not a defender (although certain lapses are not acceptable) but as a full back he gets afforded far more time and space than as a winger and he clearly has a license to attack but as an attacking fullback he has been terrible this season. Shooting, passing, crossing etc has been horrible.
Agreed.

Maria was signed as a full back, it's a pity he's been good elsewhere.

Needs to be shifted back there.

Kitto is the kinda guy you bring on for bursts against tired defences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does any one know or heard whispers about what Mcgree and the other lads did on the last trip the Olyroos had that's seen them not selected for next week?

Its been a fair few months and it hasn't been resolved yet

Does any one know or heard whispers about what Mcgree and the other lads did on the last trip the Olyroos had that's seen them not selected for next week?

Its been a fair few months and it hasn't been resolved yet
That's exactly why they haven't been selected.

Yes, but what did they do? And how bad is it that they're gonna risk not qualifying for the olympics by not playing them?
Rumour has it they went out on the piss and damaged property, stayed out past curfew etc.

Knowing Riley a little bit it wouldn't shock me.

Some beautiful goals there great stuff, Troisi doing well didn't want him but proving me wrong

They'll bring that campaigner Simon on at half time just need to not react to his dirty s**t
Marrone on a yellow is a worry even though he’s one of the nicest, gentlest guys in the league Simon will be looking to get him sent off.

Back