Up the Coasters West Coast Eagles - Best Ever Games (The Game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Damn, disappointing so many people are dropping like flies. Thought for sure this would be a fun thing over the offseason. :/ You don't have to do a massive write-up but if you're not keen then so be it.

squashface - your pick mate
flamingEMBERS - you can go after that
Cuzz09 - follow the above two

If anyone wants to pass, no gun is at your head. May as well confirm if anyone wants to do a third round? Even those who didn't partake initially?

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Im just gonna go... sorry (its right on my mind now and if I dont write this I'll forget to)

One of my best memories of going to the footy in Melbourne was round 8 2003.

We were playing Collingwood at the Telstra Dome and my cousin and I were late coz we were looking for a park.

As we walked towards the gate we heard all kinds of loud roaring and we both kind of s**t "oh s**t pies are off to a flier" but as we walked in I saw we were already 3.0 to 0.0 I was shocked. We had so many fans there it was incredibly loud!

We continued on and lead 6.0 to 0.0.

The pies foight back but we still lead by 29 points at qtr time.

2nd qtr was an armwrestle and we held a handy 19 point half time lead.

It wasnt a lead that i felt comfortable with but always better to be in front.

The 3rd was no good. Pies got on top kicking 6 goals to 3 and took a 2 point 3 qtr time lead and now their fans were up and about.

When Alan Didak kicked a goal at the 16 min mark of the 4th to give the pies a 14 point lead it looked lost and the pies fans were getting VERY cocky.

Somehow scrambled a couple of goals then Phil Matera and Embley scored some great goals to give us a lead.

Michael Braun then split a pack and drilled a beauty on the run to give us a 16 point lead.

We had kicked the first 6 in the first 10 mins and last 6 goals in the last 10 mins of this AMAZING game.

Pies fans were shocked , everyone was really.

Was a great, great day!!

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Damn, disappointing so many people are dropping like flies. Thought for sure this would be a fun thing over the offseason. :/ You don't have to do a massive write-up but if you're not keen then so be it.

squashface - your pick mate
flamingEMBERS - you can go after that
Cuzz09 - follow the above two

If anyone wants to pass, no gun is at your head. May as well confirm if anyone wants to do a third round? Even those who didn't partake initially?
Are you new here? You are having a stellar result really mate. Don't stress, plenty are enjoying the thread.

I think Andrew Embley is the best Big game player weve had.

Just stepped it up. Especially away games.

Criminally under rated. Most of you campaigners probably forget he is a Norm Smith medallist in a flag winning team.

Love Embers.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Cuzz09 that was a great game! One I had up sleeve as a future selection, too! Love that game. I was at work that day, but on Saturdays was solo and had TV access, so I watched it on mute as I did my work. Was awesome then stressful then awesome again. One of those wins that was a glimpse of what was to come over the next few years.

I'll still leave your selection behind squashface and flamingEMBERS picks, but great choice.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Im just gonna go... sorry (its right on my mind now and if I dont write this I'll forget to)

We were playing Collingwood at the Telstra Dome and my cousin and I were late coz we were looking for a park.

As we walked towards the gate we heard all kinds of loud roaring and we both kind of s**t "oh s**t pies are off to a flier" but as we walked in I saw we were already 3.0 to 0.0 I was shocked. We had so many fans there it was incredibly loud!

The 3rd was no good. Pies got on top kicking 6 goals to 3 and took a 2 point 3 qtr time lead and now their fans were up and about.

When Alan Didak kicked a goal at the 16 min mark of the 4th to give the pies a 14 point lead it looked lost and the pies fans were getting VERY cocky.

Somehow scrambled a couple of goals then Phil Matera and Embley scored some great goals to give us a lead.

Michael Braun then split a pack and drilled a beauty on the run to give us a 16 point lead.

We had kicked the first 6 in the first 10 mins and last 6 goals in the last 10 mins of this AMAZING game.

Was a great, great day!!

Absolute classic Fido with that clap after the second goal. What a player. Goes criminally under the radar as one of our stars just cause he missed the flag.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I decided to go through a list of past games and select some of my favourites for off-season viewing. For those of you struggling for ideas, this should help. I'll do the other seasons later as this takes longer than you'd think:

Rnd 2 WCE vs Port: after the horrer that was 2008, the Eagles appeared to be back, with a 50 point win against Port at home
Rnd 3 WCE vs Bulldogs: A good win against a premiership contender
Rnd 14 WCE vs Hawthorn: The arrival of Nic Nat - beat the reigning premier at home in a massive downpour
Rnd 19 WCE vs Bulldogs: Upset a premiership contender again - the false Dawn of T. Swift
Rnd 22 WCE vs Richmond: Welcome home Ben Cousins, smashed the terrible Tiges by 80 points in an absolute dead rubber

This season sucked, so many close losses. At least the draft set us up for the 2018 premiership. Sack Woosha.

Rnd 1: WCE vs NM: it just felt like something special was happening after this win. Set us up for an awesome season
Rnd 8: WCE vs Freo: We finally won a derby - after losing them all since the first one in 2007
Rnd 9: WCE vs Bulldogs: Turned the bulldogs from premiership contenders to a rabble that was about to go on a 5 season rebuild. JK kicked double figures and came of age
Rnd 14: Carlton vs WCE: a big away win and the moment that the rest of the competition started viewing us as a top 4 contender. The first time beating Judd since he left
Rnd 16: WCE vs Geelong: a massive statement game, beating the all conquering Geelong at home. Was an awesome game to be at
Rnd 18: Freo vs WCE: the 1 point derby win, Ballantyne after the siren, what a game!
Semi Final: WCE vs Carlton - back in the finals and back with a win.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I rewatched this game last weekend when someone on here reminded me of it. So good!

Kennedy was a beast. He actually received a fractured eye socket in the first 10 minutes which is why he nearly missed the rest of the game. Came back and kicked 3. It was also interesting to see how leaner he was then, I remember now that he bulked up significantly when Simmo came over (which made his career).

Darling and Gaff were amazing for first year players. Darling was an absolute man child, looks pretty much the same all these years later.

One minor correction, Freo won the spoon in 2001 (losers).
I just watched it again today.

Kerr was sensational.

Forgotten how good a commentator Tim Lane was TBH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#15 - 2013 Round 8 vs North Melbourne
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Round 8 2013 vs Norf Melbourne

Inaugural Brad Scott Week

In a really disappointing year for the club, this week and game was potentially the only good thing to come out of it.

The West Coast BigFooty Board’s complete trolling of Brad Scott and Norf has the potential to completely blow up in our faces but oh was it so glorious, it could not have gone better.

First the Brad Scott avatars that took over this website were nothing short of extraordinary.

Then Nic Nat absolutely destroyed Majak Daw despite the billing by the media of some sort of heavyweight ruck battle.

Finally we saw one of the greatest plays of all time where Adam Selwood drew a characteristic free kick for a high tackle and sent it long to the top of the goal scare where Nic flew over the pack to take a mark at the death to ruin Brad’s day.

We continued Brad Scott week in almost all Norf games following but it never really had the same shine as the original.

I can’t be bothered searching for it but if you can find the original Game Day thread and Brad Scott avatars thread, then you’re in for a good time if you weren’t there to experience it at the time.

eagles_4_life

Team Captain
May 15, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

In a really disappointing year for the club, this week and game was potentially the only good thing to come out of it.

The West Coast BigFooty Board’s complete trolling of Brad Scott and Norf has the potential to completely blow up in our faces but oh was it so glorious, it could not have gone better.

First the Brad Scott avatars that took over this website were nothing short of extraordinary.

Then Nic Nat absolutely destroyed Majak Daw despite the billing by the media of some sort of heavyweight ruck battle.

Finally we saw one of the greatest plays of all time where Adam Selwood drew a characteristic free kick for a high tackle and sent it long to the top of the goal scare where Nic flew over the pack to take a mark at the death to ruin Brad’s day.

We continued Brad Scott week in almost all Norf games following but it never really had the same shine as the original.

I can’t be bothered searching for it but if you can find the original Game Day thread and Brad Scott avatars thread, then you’re in for a good time if you weren’t there to experience it at the time.

The crowd after the game was amazing. Great game to be at and this board was incredible, have been waiting for it to come up in this thread.

Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Was a great, great day!!

I was at that game too. Anthony Rocca kicked a goal from 60 to put Pies in front just on the 3qt siren. Massive roar from the Pies fans. Thought we’d get overrun, but held strong in the last.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I decided to go through a list of past games and select some of my favourites for off-season viewing. For those of you struggling for ideas, this should help. I'll do the other seasons later as this takes longer than you'd think:

Rnd 2 WCE vs Port: after the horrer that was 2008, the Eagles appeared to be back, with a 50 point win against Port at home
Rnd 3 WCE vs Bulldogs: A good win against a premiership contender
Rnd 14 WCE vs Hawthorn: The arrival of Nic Nat - beat the reigning premier at home in a massive downpour
Rnd 19 WCE vs Bulldogs: Upset a premiership contender again - the false Dawn of T. Swift
Rnd 22 WCE vs Richmond: Welcome home Ben Cousins, smashed the terrible Tiges by 80 points in an absolute dead rubber

This season sucked, so many close losses. At least the draft set us up for the 2018 premiership. Sack Woosha.

Rnd 1: WCE vs NM: it just felt like something special was happening after this win. Set us up for an awesome season
Rnd 8: WCE vs Freo: We finally won a derby - after losing them all since the first one in 2007
Rnd 9: WCE vs Bulldogs: Turned the bulldogs from premiership contenders to a rabble that was about to go on a 5 season rebuild. JK kicked double figures and came of age
Rnd 14: Carlton vs WCE: a big away win and the moment that the rest of the competition started viewing us as a top 4 contender. The first time beating Judd since he left
Rnd 16: WCE vs Geelong: a massive statement game, beating the all conquering Geelong at home. Was an awesome game to be at
Rnd 18: Freo vs WCE: the 1 point derby win, Ballantyne after the siren, what a game!
Semi Final: WCE vs Carlton - back in the finals and back with a win.
Has the 2009 WB game at Etihad been done yet? I was at work but remember checking the scores on my phone and couldn’t believe it.

Still holds the record for the longest time BigFooty went down that was not related to server maintenance or upgrades to the forum. It was glorious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back