What grinds your gears - partner edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Rules for the thread:

Keep it light hearted. The foibles of exes as well as currents are fair game, but let's focus on minor irritations, not the things that made you split with them. Not the place for "He cheated on me with my Mum" or "She cleaned out my bank account and spent it on gambling and drugs". We're looking for Cheryl saying to Larry David "Why would you do that?" level stuff here, Maude underlining passages in Ned's bible and so on.

If it's your current partner, let's take it as read that you're lucky to have them, they could write a post that's twice as long about all your s**t habits, blah, blah, blah.

Along with not acknowledging my Simpsons and Curb Your Enthusiasm references enough, my wife has a habit of never completely finishing a proper meal. Like toast or a sandwich she'll finish, but there will always be about a quarter of the plate left when we have a meat, chips and three veg type dinner, or even pasta. I actually have heard that this is a thing where some women have a rule to never eat everything on the plate. Happy to be corrected, but if that's true: what utter bollocks.

Where this becomes a pain in the arse is with things like soup and cereal. I can live with everything else, but I feel like with those two, if you're an adult, you should commit to eat everything that you pour, because it's a bit of a hassle cleaning the mix of liquid and solids (my job). I could do without the half a cup of milk and three tablespoons of sultana bran in a bowl on the sink where I get home from work, along with the (apparently untouched) bowl of porridge from one of the kids' breakfasts that's been allowed to bond and turn into cement over the course of the day.

Another is the inability to separate our rubbish properly. Bit of a cliche that males are the ones who are clueless with this in my experience, God help us if it goes to like six different recycling bins, Wales-style. I think this is a family thing: I was horrified one time when I was down at her family's beach house on bin night, the general rubbish bin was loaded and her Dad had a bag of general rubbish and just calmly chucked it in one of the other bins (recycling or green waste, can't remember which).

Now, I'll be doing the bins and notice there's like bananas and apples that haven't been touched and have just gone a bit bad sitting on the top of the bag. WTF? It's actually closer to throw them in the bin under the sink with all the fruit and veg waste than to chuck it in the main bin, not to mention that with a couple of kids, we rarely have a week where the regular bin can close completely, so let's not waste space with things that don't belong there, eh? The other classic is getting take-away Chinese and just putting all of the plastic containers and uneaten food in the plastic bag that we got it in and chucking the lot in the bin. Noooo!

No that's not a problem hahaha.

I mean she is always shedding hair from her head, i find it everywhere
HAHA sounds like me. I've got thick curly hair and it falls out a lot. My partner and I shower together usually and I try not to let the hairs go down the drain, when I comb it I'll put them on the shower tile and take them out after haha XD He has the opposite issue - he's losing his hair and will probably be bald one day lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He keeps the water running when he's cleaning his teeth... drives me up the wall. And he gets water everywhere. Luckily, I don't live with him yet HAHA (we are in a long-term long-distance relationship).

An irritation about an ex-boyfriend was that he often DIDN'T clean his teeth... I would have to remind him, blergh. I'd definitely take my current situation over that one!

He keeps the water running when he's cleaning his teeth... drives me up the wall. And he gets water everywhere. Luckily, I don't live with him yet HAHA (we are in a long-term long-distance relationship).

An irritation about an ex-boyfriend was that he often DIDN'T clean his teeth... I would have to remind him, blergh. I'd definitely take my current situation over that one!

Ew thats sick. Fair enough no mouth wash or flossing but brush ya fking teeth twice a day

My Mrs has this habit of opening a big bag of chips and giving them this weird shake thing before she puts her hand in the bag....every single time
The chips apparently move up and make it easier to grab one because they all must lock in making it impossible for any human to be able to clasp one between their fingers
giphy (10).gif

Err no, they fall back into the same shape they sat in before.
She will do it 3 times each time she does it
She has her hand under the bag and lifts it up and down and you hear all the chips move up then straight back down to where they were before
Repeatedly asked her to not do it as its ******* annoying and is completely pointless and she just ignores me or tells me to stop telling her what to do.

Oh well
Maybe if she actually stopped annoying me on purpose she might find that s**t stops going missing in her precious kitchen pantry.
giphy (20).gif

My ex would go to Hungry Jacks , come home , take everything out of the bag and put it on a plate.
I do that with fishnchips for me and my boys. That way no argument over who gets more chips etc
But when just with my gf we eat from the paper as normal people would

Remove this Banner Ad

Back